PDA

View Full Version : Taking Dexter to the beach

ChristyA
06-04-2009, 02:10 PM
June 9th will be one year since Dexter crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I still think of him daily and miss him very much. His life-long companion Sophie passed away in March. They are both together as they should be. They were the best friends I could have ever asked for.

We are going to be at the beach on June 9th. I am taking with me Dexter and Sophie's ashes to spread at the beach. Dexter loved the water and I always wanted to take them both to the beach.

I'm planning on getting up at sunrise and having some private time on the beach with them.

Christy

JFBMaine
06-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Dear Christy, wishing you a beautiful and warm sunrise for your quiet time with releasing the ashes of your beloved Dexter and Sophie. My Finnegan, even when not feeling well, loves his time at the beach here in Maine. No matter how cold it is he loves frolicking at the edge of the water and chasing the waves. I am sure you have beautiful memories of them both too. Hugs to you from Felice & Finnegan

mytil
06-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Dearest Christy,

What a loving tribute to Dexter and Sophie. I know your heart is still very heavy and this may offer the comfort you need envisioning them romping around the ocean whenever they want. Yes, they are together now and always will be, of that I am sure. And both are looking after you and your gang.

I will think of you on the 9th as I get up well before sunrise and we will all be there with you.

Always in loving memory of your sweet Dexter and Sophie.
((((((hugs))))))
Terry

Carol G
06-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Christy,

It is hard to believe that it has been a year.

I think that spreading Dexter and Sophie's ashes will be a beautiful tribute to them. They will, as you know, always be with you.

I will be thinking of you on that day.

Carol

MiniSchnauzerMom
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Christy,

I too will be thinking of you, Dexter and Sophie on June 9th. Sunrise, ocean breeze and release - this touches my heart so that I'm going to cry.

Many hugs,
Louise

ladysmom06
06-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Christy,

I can't believe it will be a year that Dexter is gone. I loved the picture of him and your daughter that you had on the old board. I too will be thinking of the three of you. Hugs.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady

BestBuddy
06-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Christy,
We will be with you on that beach in spirit. Dexter and Sophie were together in life and now they will be together forever.
Jenny

Roxee's Dad
06-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi Christy,
I'm sorry I didn't have the privilege of knowing your and Dexter's special story. May your time at the beach with Dexter and Sophie be filled with warm and happy memories.

SachiMom
06-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Christy,
I will be thinking of you on Tuesday as you release Dexter and Sophie.
It will be a very special time, heartbreaking, yet so fitting for your best friends.
Many ((((Hugs)))))
~Mary Ann

mytil
06-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Here is one of the photo froms the old board - Dexter and the "boss of applesauce" (http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=20&pictureid=206).

My continued (((((hugs))))))
Terry

labblab
06-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Dear Christy,

I'm guessing that the 9th may bring some tears, but I am hoping that it will also be filled with loving memories from the past and also that it will bring a sense of peace to your heart as you look towards the future. Never to be forgotten, and always to be honored -- now Dexter and Sophie's lives on earth will have come full circle. You have already freed their spirits, and now you will be freeing their bodies as well.

Take good care of yourself, Christy, and I'll be thinking of you three all together at the beach, and of the love that you will always share.

Many (((hugs))),
Marianne

forscooter
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Christy,

My eyes were full of tears reading your post....I can't believe it has been a year. I know for me with Scoobie it feels like 10 years and we haven't hit one....I guess it is bc we miss them so much.

I think it is lovely that you are taking them to the beach where they loved to be!!! What a wonderful thing to do!

Know that you will be surrounded by your Cush family on the 9th and that we wish you a peaceful, loving moment as you pay tribute to Dexter and Sophie....

Peace to you, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

lleigh
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh Christy,

I will be thinking about you. It sounds like a lovely idea, especially since he loved the beach. Which beach are you going to?
I have Lucy's ashes and haven't yet decided what to do with them. I think I will eventually let her go on the Rapppahanock River as it was her most favorite place in the world. She is in the river in my avatar.

Go with the gentle breezes sweet Dexter and Sophie. I will feel your spirit way down here in Virginia!

Lyn

Buffaloe
06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Aw Dexter, you noble, noble boy and Sophie, you sweet girl. Keep watching over your Mom and comfort her. I know you will both enjoy the beach that you loved so much. Make sure that Christy knows that you are doing great and that you never take your eyes off of your loving Mom.

Ken

ladysmom06
06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Christy,

Thinking of you, Dexter and Sophie today. Sending special hugs to you.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

Squirt's Mom
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Dear Christy,

Our thoughts are with you today' wishing you a beautiful day no matter the weather. Dexter and Sophie are with you, sharing this special memorial, showering you with love, gratitude, and peace.

Hugs and love from us,
Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal

lleigh
06-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Christy,

How did it go? Every time a gentle breeze touches your cheeks it's a love lick from Dexter and Sophie.

Lyn

Truffa's Mom
06-16-2009, 02:12 AM
What a sweet memorial you had for your special Dexter & Sophie. I can't believe it's been already a year. Christy we often think about you and at night we whisper to Dexter & Sophie to keep watching over you.

ChristyA
06-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you to everyone for your loving thoughts. I guess I'm just not ready to let go yet. The 9th came and went and I did not leave their ashes. The time just wasn't right for me to leave them. They are still with me on my bedside stand. They may just stay with me a while. :rolleyes:

Thank you again,
Christy

lleigh
06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Christy,

I had to smile just a little while reading your post. I know exactly how you feel about not being ready to let go. I haven't been able to let go of my Lucy either. She is on top of a bookcase with her collar around the little box and all the cards we received beside them. It is comforting to me to see them there. You just have to do what feels right for you. Dexter and Sophie loved and trusted you in their earth life, they will love and trust you now.

Lyn

ladysmom06
06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Christy,

I too know how you feel. Maybe you'll decide that you just want to keep their ashes with you but you'll know when the time is right what to do. Hugs to you.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart.

Roxee's Dad
06-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Christy,
I too know how you feel. You must do what you feel in your heart. I still keep the ashes from my Bailey who passed on over 4 yrs ago and Chainsaw who passed on over 14 years ago. I will keep the ashes of all my pups and have already asked my son to mix all our ashes together once my time has come and spread us all out together.

Follow your heart.

Carol G
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Christy,

I agree with the others, you have to do what feels right to you. We all understand not letting go.

Carol