PDA

View Full Version : Astro went to Heaven...

astrosmom
08-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Hello all,

This has been the first time I have been able to type his name.

Astro took a deep decline in health from my last post, and after many trials, opinions, doctors, medications, tests, - with heavy heart ,on July 20, I had to make the gut wrenching decision to let him go to God.

He was suffering, whimpering, he kept falling over and couldn't stand up on his own, my sweet boy was not living. My heart is broken. It's been 2 weeks and 4 days since I was able to kiss my Astro in the flesh. I keep hearing him, I dream of him, I ache for him. My life hasn't been the same.

I miss him every moment of the day. I still cannot believe he's gone.

I love you Astro.

Simba's Mom
08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
So sorry to hear about Astro, so sad, sending hugs and prayers, here for you.....

scoora
08-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Donna,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet boy Astro. My heart breaks for you. I know how you are feeling. It is such a difficult and painful time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs

Budster's Mom
08-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Run free dear Astro with our other fur baby angels! We are here if and when you are ready to talk. It really does help.

labblab
08-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. We understand how your heart is breaking, and as the others have said -- we are here with you and will remain with you whenever you need us and whenever we can help.

Astro's name has now been added to our special memorial thread of honor:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4794

Here he will always be joined with our other babies who now surround him at the Bridge. If you should wish us to link one of the pictures in your album to his memorial line, just let us know which one and we will take care of that for you. He was a handsome boy and a precious spirit, and we will always honor and remember him alongside you.

Sending many hugs,
Marianne

mytil
08-08-2013, 06:57 AM
My heart goes out to you - I am so very very sorry to read this. This is the hardest decision we will ever have to make and yet it is the most loving one; I know this does not help with the pain of his loss just now. He knows how much you love him.

We will always remember your boy. Please stay with us.
((((hugs))))
Terry

Squirt's Mom
08-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Dear Donna,

I am sorry to hear this and know your heart is hurting so badly. You gave Astro everything you could, you did all you could to help him have the best life possible. And when it was clear no more could be done, you set him free from his pain. There is no doubt in my mind that Astro is grateful to you for this gift as well as for a lifetime of love.

Thank you for letting us know and allowing us to honor him with you.
Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick, Sophie and our Angels Ruby, Crystal, Tasha and Josie

I ONLY WANTED YOU

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

--- Anonymous ---

Roxee's Dad
08-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I am so very sorry, my heart hurts for you....

Rest in Peace Sweet Astro, you are one of our biggest and brightest stars in the sky.....

astrosmom
08-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Thank you all so very much for your kindness and supportive loving words. Only a true pet lover can understand this surreal pain, this constant ache, this longing and emptiness for a soul that was so much a part of our life. I would very much like to link a photo of my beautiful boy, he was so stellar, so regal, so proud and strong. I loved him like I have loved no other. I still cannot fathom that he's truly gone. He was my purpose, he was my light. I just want to hold him and hug him again. I miss him. I miss him I miss him. Dear God how I miss him.

Donna

scoora
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Donna,
Thank you for the kind words on Scoop's thread.
I'm sorry you are feeling the pain, the emptiness, the constant ache for your Astro. I do know exactly how you are feeling and it has been very hard. I too still have a hard time thinking about Scoop not being here with us. He is constantly on my mind and everything reminds me of him. I too wish everyday that I could hug and kiss my Scoop again and give him his ear rubs that he loved so much.
I wish I could help ease your pain but obviously I can't even do that for myself but you can talk to me any time you want to.
Talk on Astro's regular thread where everyone can see and there are many people on here who do know or have known this same pain and heartache. They are wonderful listeners and they will try to help you through this. I know for me it helps to know you are not alone.
Donna, I do feel your heartache and I am truly sorry about your Astro.
BIG HUGS!
Vicki (Scoop's mom)

P.S. Where in NJ do you live? I live just outside of Allentown, PA so I'm not too far from western NJ.

molly muffin
08-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Donna, sending you great big hugs. I wish I could make it all better for you. I am so sorry to hear that Astrol declined so much. How heartbreaking. You gave him the greatest gift of all and that is to be pain free. He lives forever in your heart.

hugs,
Sharlene

Simba's Mom
08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Oh Donna, I so understand your pain, we all do here, if your able to keep talking please do, it's a way to deal with the pain, but take ur time hon, and when your ready....I don't know what I would do without this awesome family of cush pups owners, they have truly been a blessing...
Here for you!! Hugs!!
Something that works for me when I miss Sim, I take a walk or sit outside, then lots of things come to my mind and it's like peace takes over, you would be surprised to see butterflies or other signs to remind you of peace, and thats what your baby has now, peace...

apollo6
08-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Dear Donna , I am so sorry for the lose of your Angel Astro. No words can help at this time. I cry with you. Do what ever you need to , to get through this. Post, write Astro, hold his things. Because the thing you want more than anything is to have him back.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo.

Trixie
08-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Donna,
I don't know how I missed this news about Astro. I followed your thread and wondered what had happened. I'm so very saddened to know Astro is gone and very sorry for your loss and know how hard it is to lose such a special companion.

Barbara

Dogma
08-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Dear Donna,

Oh the hurt! I know exactly how you feel! My sweet Buckley left us yesterday and my heart is broken... He was diagnosed with Cushings 18 months ago, and went from being a gorgeous 85 pound Golden Retriever to a 58 pound balding, frail dog. He had been doing "OK" until Sunday when he suddenly stopped eating, drinking and could no longer get up. Yesterday, his loving vet and I made the decision to let him go, and I held him in my arms while he made that passage. I hope the wonderful loving memories you have of Astro bring you comfort.
"Dogma" (what my grown children call me because I have Granddogs)

Squirt's Mom
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Dear Dogma,

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet boy, Buckley. We would love to help celebrate his life with you, sharing in the memories of the life you shared. Please feel free to start a thread just for Buckley here in the In Loving Memory section.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Simply click the blue box that says "New Thread" and start talking in the box that pops up.

I look forward to hearing more about your sweet boy and hope we can help you start the healing process. I will add Buckley's name to the In Loving Memory thread for 2013 and if you would like a pic of him attached, please send a copy of your favorite photo k9cushings@gmail. We will upload it into the In Loving Memory album for 2013.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4794

Hugs,
Leslie

Simba's Mom
08-20-2013, 10:43 PM
So many heavy hearts, so sad....sending hugs to everyone, knowing all could use them.....