PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Hamish

mcdavis
08-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Today would have been Hamish's 16th birthday, but I tell him every day how much I miss him. We were so lucky to have him in our lives because he taught us so much, especially to make the most of every opportunity, give 110% but take time to relax and smell the flowers. He took the many changes in his life in his stride - the loss of my Dad, living with us, moving to Canada.

He made so many friends and when we left England they organised a leaving party for him. He had his own Facebook page to keep in touch with them, and tell them about his travels. He visited most of England and Scotland, plus 25 US states, NYC, Chicago, Boston, DC, Detroit, and 4 Canadian provinces, taking hotel and cottage stays in his stride. He particularly enjoyed the elevators, sticking his nose out just as the doors were closing, kissing a lady who asked if he was friendly, and surfing down the corridors on the luggage carts! He seemed to enjoy the night we got stranded on Mull, snoring loudly and leaving us with an inch each on the bed. He was our action dog joining us on snowmobiles, kayaking trips and hikes, and our partner in crime.

We have so many happy memories of our time with him.
RIP Hamish 7 August 1997 - 1 January 2013

Budsters Mom
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Happy 16th Birthday Hamish!!! You are forever loved!:):p:):p

Roxee's Dad
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Happy Birthday Hamish...

Hugs and Belly rubs in heaven .....

molly muffin
08-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Happy Birthday Hamish!
Hamish I think had an adventurous soul. Always ready for the next thing to happen. :) What funny stories you must have. :)
He will always be a part of you, no matter how many days and years might pass. This is their gift to us poor humans.

hugs,
Sharlene and Molly Muffin

mcdavis
08-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes for Hamish. I do feel blessed for the time I had with him, and he certainly made the most of every opportunity. We took loads of photos of him, which we use as the screen savers on our computers, and also lots of video - I'm so pleased that we did as they help us remember him.

Simba's Mom
08-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Happy Birthday Hamish, you are quite the traveler! peace to you

scoora
08-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Happy Birthday Hamish

mcdavis
09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Just dropping by to tell you how much I'm missing you little one. There's not a day goes by that I don't tell Henry about his wonderful big brother and show him photos of your many adventures.
I love you so much Hamish XXXX

mcdavis
11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Missing you loads little one.... I can't believe that it's over 10 months since we said goodbye. I would give anything to cuddle you one more time.

Now that the weather's improving I've been showing Henry your favourite walks and trees. I took him to see your favourite tuft of grass but it hadn't grown this year :(

apollo6
11-07-2013, 07:49 PM
happy BIRTHDAY Hamish.
Give your mom a kiss from heaven. Sweet angel.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

mcdavis
11-26-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm hoping to take Henry for the Santa pics at the vets tomorrow night. I love last year's photos of you in your Santa suit - you were so adorable. I just wish I was taking you too.

Budsters Mom
11-26-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm having difficulty with "first's" too! Sending many hugs and a bunch of love. :p Be sure to post Henry's first Santa picture for all of us to enjoy. I bet Hamish is getting a kick out of watching his little brother's antics. Xxxx

mcdavis
12-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Missing you so much my little Hamish. It's hard to believe it's almost a year since we said goodbye - I would give everything to cuddle you one last time, and have you look up at me like you used to.
I watched the videos of you opening your Christmas presents earlier - the collar you never wore, but at least you had your biscuits.
Oh little one -why are your lives so short, why can't we have you with us forever.

Budsters Mom
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
((((((hugs))))))

mcdavis
12-24-2013, 10:16 PM
HAPPY CHRISTMAS my darling Hamish. I hope there are lots of presents for you to open and lots of doggy chocs for you to enjoy at the Rainbow Bridge.
Miss you little one
XXXXX

mcdavis
12-31-2013, 09:08 PM
Well my little one, it's a year since we said goodbye yet it seems like only yesterday. There hasn't been a day when I haven't missed you and wished you were still here with me. Almost everything I do reminds me of you because you were my little side kick. I have so very many happy memories of you, yet I still want more.
I hope that you and Dad are together - the time you had with him as a puppy was too short, you need to make up for it now.
Love you SFF xxxxxx

Budsters Mom
12-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Many loving hugs and a Happy New Year. :p These milestones are buggers, aren't they. Give Henry a squeeze for me. I'm sure that Hamish is proud of you for sharing your love with another, but I bet he thinks his little brother is silly. Aren't they all? Xxxxx

gatorgirl_bama
01-02-2014, 07:11 AM
I just want to send my love to you all.

mcdavis
01-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Missing you so much my little one.

Tonight we showed Henry some videos of you and told him it was his big brother who was watching over him. He watched intently - didn't take his eyes off the screen even for a second.

..... he seemed to particularly like the one of you trying to eat the cooler ;)

mcdavis
03-10-2014, 02:39 PM
You're keeping me on my toes little one - that photo of you in the packing box has now appeared twice on the screen saver yet I can't find it no matter how hard I try.
Love you

Budsters Mom
03-10-2014, 03:32 PM
AWWW Big hugs!:p It's the little things that are often the most frustrating. You will find it! xxxxx

mcdavis
03-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Still searching for that picture Hamish ;) It's been nice looking through all of the pictures of you.
My Christmas present from OH this year was to name a dog rescued by the Col Potter Cairn Rescue charity - they sent the details through of the dog named in his memory today so I posted a pic in Hamish's album.

molly muffin
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
He's adorable! What a nice tribute for Hamish.

hugs
Sharlene and molly muffin

apollo6
03-18-2014, 06:44 PM
What a beautiful way to keep his memory alive.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

mcdavis
06-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Well Hamish I'm still searching for that pic, and it's still appearing on the screensaver every day (and it's there now!!) along with so many other pictures of the happy times we had, but I've yet to find it.
I hope you're with Dad today and the pair of you are having fun - I miss you both XXX

gatorgirl_bama
06-16-2014, 07:33 AM
My screensaver on my work computer, my laptop at home and my ipad are different pictures of the girls. It's sad at times to look at them, but most times I smile.

Sending love and prayers,
Donna

Robert
06-17-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi
Screensaver has to be a message.....

Hamish sounds like such a great dog.... Hope he has made the acquaintance of my two great dogs tom and tam ......

mcdavis
08-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Today would have been Hamish's 17th birthday. I always told him I hoped he'd get to 17 but sadly that wasn't to be. I miss him every day and I'm still looking for that elusive picture. It appears every few days and when I see it I start looking for it - I haven't found it yet, but I enjoy seeing other pictures and remembering the happy times and adventures we had.

I miss you Hamish, my little sidekick. I hope you're having fun with Dad. XXXXX

molly muffin
08-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I was just thinking Hamish and Henry would have had a great time together.

I know you miss him. :( He was a character. :)

hugs MC
Sharlene and molly muffin

Budsters Mom
08-07-2014, 03:51 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL HAMISH! We will forever honor, remember and celebrate you here precious boy. :p

Robert
08-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Happy birthday hamish.

Harley PoMMom
08-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Happy Birthday, sweet Hamish!!

mcdavis
08-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Hmmm - Hamish and Henry would have made an interesting pair ;)

mcdavis
09-22-2014, 10:26 PM
We spent the weekend in Maine. There are so many memories of Hamish there. I bought a bandana for Henry with Union Jacks on, and I got two that I somehow want to put with Hamish's ashes - one is Union Jacks and another is some of the states he visited. I'm not sure how, so I'm hoping Hamish'll give me clue.
Miss you little one,
Mam XXX

Budsters Mom
09-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Such a lovely idea.:p How about tying the bandannas high up on a tree and sprinkling some of Hamish's ashes under it. Make sure it's a big, beautiful fall tree that Hamish would have wanted to pee on. That would make him happy!;):D

So glad to hear that Henry is such a great little traveler too. xxxooo

mcdavis
09-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Such a lovely idea.:p How about tying the bandannas high up on a tree and sprinkling some of Hamish's ashes under it. Make sure it's a big, beautiful fall tree that Hamish would have wanted to pee on. That would make him happy!;):D

So glad to hear that Henry is such a great little traveler too. xxxooo

That's a good idea.
Initially I thought about scattering some of his ashes in places he loved, but then I kept thinking that we're so far from home, although there are some places here that he really loved visiting. I think that I really just want to keep them with me, so I'm looking for excuses to make that happen. Given that he did travel so much I think that if I did scatter them it would be small amounts in lots of different places, and maybe keep some too.
There's a park not too far away that has lots of lovely trees - I may have to take a drive there soon.

mcdavis
10-28-2014, 08:43 PM
Oh Hamish, you're still teasing me with that picture. I search and search and still can't find it, but at least I see all of the other pictures we have of you.
Miss you my little sidekick XXXXX

molly muffin
10-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Still can't find that picture!

I'll always remember Hamish, the adventurer.

hugs

mcdavis
12-24-2014, 08:53 PM
We're going to miss you tomorrow little one. Henry just doesn't have the same enthusiasm when it comes to presents ;)
We've been remembering our last Christmas together - how we took you to the waterfall and you followed the little boy who didn't want to make a fuss of you because you couldn't understand how that could be.
I miss you little one XXX

apollo6
12-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Sweet Hamish. In our thoughts
Hugs Sonja and Apollo

mcdavis
12-31-2014, 01:18 PM
It's two years tomorrow since we said goodbye to Hamish. In some ways it seems like only yesterday, then other times it seems like forever. No matter - I just wish he was still here with us. I am grateful for the pictures, videos and memories we have, but they will never replace Hamish himself. I regret the time we didn't get to spend with him, and just pray that I did the best for him.

molly muffin
12-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Remembering Hamish at this bittersweet time of the year. You're right, wish he was still here with you and nothing can replace him. We will always remember him here with you.

Hugs

mcdavis
02-21-2015, 09:17 PM
The video of you and me playing with the towel popped up earlier. It was the first time I'd seen it. You were so young - around 5 I think. I so regret not getting to spend every day of your life with you - I'm sorry that I wasn't always there.
I miss you so much little one. I just hope you're playing with the other pups and Dad too. I know you were really his, and your time together was so horribly short - make up for it now, eh.
XXXXXXXXXXX

mcdavis
06-26-2015, 09:35 PM
It was Dad's birthday the other day - I hope the two of you were running around celebrating. I miss you both.

mcdavis
08-10-2015, 09:59 PM
It would have been Hamish's 18th birthday last Friday and I really just couldn't face writing about it, and I still haven't found that picture although it does pop up regularly (but not on Friday).
Missing you little one XXXXXXXXXX

Budsters Mom
08-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Happy 18th birthday Hamish!!!!!

Robert
08-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Happy birthday Hamish!!! I'm sure a big party was held up there

Squirt's Mom
08-11-2015, 06:19 AM
Happy Birthday, Hamish! You can just have a birthday week instead of a day! :cool:

mytil
08-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Big Happy Birthday smoochies Hamish!!!!! I know there must have been an amazing party with all of our cushpups!!!
Terry

mcdavis
08-14-2015, 09:36 PM
Awww - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. It's just so nice when people understand you, instead of those who look at you as if you're mad for even talking about your dog, never mind remembering his birthday.

and yes, it was probably quite a party :)

molly muffin
08-14-2015, 10:28 PM
Well now how the heck did I miss Hamish's birthday!!! Bad friend, bad friend! LOL

Happy Belated birthday Hamish! Hope you are playing with dad up there at the pearlies. :)

huggers MC!

mcdavis
08-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Well, tomorrow would have been Hamish's 19th birthday. We still miss him every day and tell Henry all about him.
It's been hard the last few days, especially as two pups I know have just joined him at the Rainbow Bridge which has stirred up memories of his last few days.

Joan2517
08-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Wow, 19...Happy Birthday in Heaven, Hamish!

Squirt's Mom
08-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Happy 19th Birthday, Hamish!
Keep an eye on Squirt - she WILL steal your cake! :D

mcdavis
08-07-2016, 12:30 PM
From everything I've read I can see Hamish and Squirt getting along extremely well ;)

Many years ago we were visiting my mother on my birthday so she'd bought a cake which she put on the dining room table. About an hour before we arrived she found Hamish sitting on the table next to a few crumbs :eek:

mcdavis
01-03-2017, 08:13 PM
On Jan 1st it was four years since we said goodbye to Hamish. I still miss him as much as I did that day however I try to focus on the happy memories - he left so many and I tell Henry about his "big brother" every day. What I'd give for another day with him.....

apollo6
01-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Dear sweet Hamish, we never stop missing them.
Love Sonja and Apollo

molly muffin
01-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Gosh, hard to believe it has been 4 years. I wonder if he whispers secrets in Henry's ear every now and then. :) :) :)

mcdavis
01-05-2017, 07:31 PM
We often joke that Hamish has supplied Henry with a handbook that he's working his way through ;)
We also say that some of the things Henry does are Hamish's idea of jokes....
He's remembered every day

Squirt's Mom
01-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Anniversaries are always tough no matter how long it's been. Sweet Hamish seems to be living on thru his brother, Henry...that must be fun to watch!

mcdavis
08-07-2017, 02:26 PM
Today would have been Hamish's 20th birthday :(
In many ways today is no different to any other as I miss him every day, but I feel I should do something special so I'm taking Henry for a trip to the beach and tell him all about his amazing "big brother". Hamish lived life at 100mph, even when he was 15. He took every opportunity to do whatever was offered, including kayaking and snowmobiling :p, and slept when there was nothing better to do. I learnt a lot from his approach to life over the years and take the opportunities, but the saddest thing I learnt was that their time with us is way too short.
Miss you little one XX

Budsters Mom
08-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Happy 20th B-Day Hamish!! Hope your special day is filled with many adventures.:) If you see Buddy, tell him hi for me. He'll be the one that's pulling lizards out the bushes. ;)

Hugs,

Joan2517
08-07-2017, 02:55 PM
Awww, Happy 20th Birthday Hamish!

Yes, that is the saddest thing we all learn...

molly muffin
08-09-2017, 09:29 PM
I'll never forget Hamish. I just loved his name even. He was such a character and Henry picked right up where Hamish left off. Such personalities.

HUGS!

Squirt's Mom
08-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Happy 20th Hamish!!!!

I bet Hamish and Squirt are buddies on the other side, happily prowling and exploring, getting into "trouble" when their natural mischievousness boils over. ;):D:p:D Nothing is sacred nor safe if they decide to take over for a bit. :D:p And nothing is ever the same when they move on to the next adventure. ;) One day we will get to explore with them. :)

apollo6
08-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Happy ,happy birthday, Hamish. May Apollo give you a big birthday party. Love Sonja and Apollo