PDA

View Full Version : My Maggie beagle (update: Maggie has crossed the bridge)

maggiebeagle
05-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello all,
I've been lurking alot but have not started a new thread until now.
A little past history for those who didn't meet us on the old forum, Maggie was diagnosed in December 2006 and started treatment with trilostane. She is a small beagle, only 19 lbs or so, but requred up to 150 mg / day split into two doses to get her numbers within the correct range. In December 2008, we noticed she wasn't eating and she ended up with low numbers for a brief time. She has had no return of her original ususal symptoms of Cushing's. In fact, she has kept her fluffy trilostane fur.
Her liver enzymes are rising slowly and her vet expects that eventually we will see a return of symptoms, but until then says she doesn't want to treat. When we do get to that point, being more educated this time around, I plan to ask that an adrenal panel be sent out before we consider treating with trilostane again.
I know there were a very few of us on the old forum that reported a "remission" of symptoms with trilostane and I thought the newer members might be interested to hear about this.
Meanwhile, Maggie is doing pretty good for an old lady! She sleeps alot but still gets excited about meal time and a ride in the car. :D
Virginia and Maggie

gpgscott
05-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi and welcome back Virginia and Maggie.

I hope she never requires further treatment, but I do agree with your proposed approach to further treatment.

Glad you are back and looking forward to hearing more.

Scott

Spiceysmum
05-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Hi Virginia,

Glad to hear that Maggie is doing well. My dog, Spicey is also in remission. She hasn't had any Trilostane since October, 2008 after being on it for 18 months. The thing I find strange is that she is exactly the same now as she was when she was having treatment and never had any symptoms of being low. She still loves her food and is quite lively for a 13 year old and drinks normally. Long may it continue for them both!

Linda and Spicey

Roxee's Dad
05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi Virginia,
Happy you made it back to give us an update on Maggie. Glad she is doing well. BTW-She's not an old lady, just mature;)

Please do keep us updated.

Squirt's Mom
05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Virginia,

So glad that you and Maggie found us here and are back among family! :)

Like everyone else, I so hope the remission is a permanent condition for Maggie. How wonderful that would be! :D But you still have to keep in touch and let us know how you both are doing.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

forscooter
05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Vriginia!!!

So happy you are here!!! And so happy Maggie is doing so well!! :D:D:D

Big hugs! Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

ladysmom06
05-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi Virginia,

Happy:D:D to hear that Maggie is doing well. Hugs to you and her.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

Squirt's Mom
08-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi Virginia,

Long time no hear! :D How are things with you and Maggie these days? Would love to hear from you when you can!

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

judymaggie
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi, Virginia! I am so glad to read that your Maggie is doing so good. I still check in periodically -- I guess there will always be a connection with the good folks here.
Sending hugs and kisses to Maggie!

maggiebeagle
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Maggie remains in "remission", no trilostane for 8 months at this point. She is currently in the living room batting around her treat ball to get her supper, her favorite time of day. :D She naps a good portion of the day but always alerts us when it is time for food. Who needs an alarm clock when you have a beagle!!
I check in on the forum almost every day to keep up with all the news, I just don't post very often. I feel relieved knowing that you will be there for us when we need you, and right now I'm enjoying this calm time with Maggie.
Virginia

Squirt's Mom
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Hi Virgina,

That is wonderful news! I know you are enjoying Maggie every day and I hope for continued remission for her...and YOU! ;)

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

MiniSchnauzerMom
08-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Virginia,

Fantastic that Maggie remains in remission and is doing well.

right now I'm enjoying this calm time with Maggie.
As they say on the tv commercials "Priceless!!!" This definitely qualifies. :D

Louise

maggiebeagle
12-08-2009, 07:37 PM
I think the "honeymoon' is over. Maggie's Cushing's symptoms are returning, mainly drinking more and peeing more for now. Maggie is sleeping more and having some strange behavioral changes. She has never been happy confined in a crate or a small room and but decided this past weekend to sleep in the bathroom with our other dog instead of the bedroom with us.
Not sure what we will do from here, but we won't be making any decisions until after the holidays.
Virginia and Maggie

BestBuddy
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Virgina and Maggie,

Nice to hear from you again but not so good news this time. Sometimes we jump to conclusions but could it be just a UTI? I never thought I would be hoping one of our doggies had any sort of infection but this time.....One good thing is that you know the pitfalls of testing and also treating and you know we are a good support system when needed so "second time" around won't be so hard.

Jenny

littleone1
12-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Virginia,

I'm sorry to hear that Maggie's Cushings symptoms are starting to return. Hopefully, it's not Cushings. It's possible, as Jenny stated, that it could be a UTI.

Corky's clinical signs disappeared for seven months, without treatment, and then returned. I know with him, that it wasn't just the drinking and peeing that returned first. It was also his appetite. He is now on Trilostane, and is really doing good.

I hope all goes well for both of you.

Terri

Squirt's Mom
12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Virginia,

Good to hear from you again, tho wish it was with better news...like "remission continues!" But as Jenny said, this could be related to something other than Cushing's but even if it is returning, you will handle it with grace and love. And you know we will be with you all the way! :)

Keep in touch and let us know how sweet Maggie is doing.
Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

judymaggie
12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Greetings, Virginia! It sounds like it is definitely time for a vet visit, not just to discuss the increased thirst and urination but also the behavioral changes you have noticed. As others have mentioned, Maggie may have a UTI and the behavioral issues could be related to the aging process.
Please give Maggie a hug for me (I still get a jolt when I see "Maggie" and "beagle" together ...)!

jrepac
12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I think the "honeymoon' is over. Maggie's Cushing's symptoms are returning, mainly drinking more and peeing more for now. Maggie is sleeping more and having some strange behavioral changes. She has never been happy confined in a crate or a small room and but decided this past weekend to sleep in the bathroom with our other dog instead of the bedroom with us.
Not sure what we will do from here, but we won't be making any decisions until after the holidays.
Virginia and Maggie

Cush dogs seeking out cool bathroom tile floors, or under/near the toilet where cool water is running, is not uncommon. That's what my last Aussie used to do.

Harley PoMMom
12-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Virginia,

Drinking and urinating alot are also symptoms of diabetes, so you may want to have Maggie's glucose checked...just a thought.

I know my boy Harley can't decide whether he likes my bed or the carpeted floor better :confused: and I keep my house at 69 degrees. :eek:

Love and hugs,
Lori

maggiebeagle
12-27-2009, 11:12 PM
It's not a UTI or diabetes and it's not just Cushing's.
Maggie has deteriorated in the last month. The 'spark' seems to be gone. She is having alot of trouble getting around.
After much thought and discussion with her vets, we have decided that helping Maggie cross the bridge is the kindest thing we can do.
We'll be spoiling her the next few days and I'll come back and write more later when I can do it without wanting to cry.
Virginia

littleone1
12-28-2009, 04:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie, Virginia.

I know this had to be a very difficult decision to make, but now you know that Maggie won't have to go through any more pain or suffering. We need to do what's best for our furbabies.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

BestBuddy
12-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Virginia,

Maggie trusts you and she knows you will do the right thing whatever that may be. If the right decisions were easy then we would never do wrong but we are human so sometimes it is tough. You are in my thoughts and prayers as is Maggie.

Jenny

Franklin'sMum
12-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Virginia,

You and Maggie are in my thoughts and prayers.

With love and big hugs,

Jane and Franklin xx
________
DiorShow (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/DiorShow/)

Harley PoMMom
12-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Dearest Virginia,

I am so sorry to hear this news, as others have said this is one of the most painful and difficult decisions one has to make when one loves these furbabies. But we know you have Maggie's best interest at heart, you love her dearly, we all know that for sure.

We are here for you, Virginia, and we love you, please remember that.

Keeping you and Maggie in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and (((((hugs)))))
Lori

labblab
12-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Oh Virginia, I too am so sorry. But as hard as these next few days will be for you, I so hope that you will be able to cherish every minute spent with Maggie. I think it will mean a great to you in the future to know that you've been able to tell Maggie how much you love her, and to thank her for all the love and devotion that she has returned so willingly. I wish you the strength of spirit and heart to be able to give Maggie -- and yourself -- this final gift of love, and then release.

We'll be thinking of you, and will remain here for you whenever you need us ~
Marianne

frijole
12-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I join the others in sending you and Maggie lots of love. I know this decision is not an easy one for you and trust you know the best. Enjoy your moments and know we are here for you. Love, Kim

Squirt's Mom
12-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Dear Virginia,

The coming days are going to be so incredibly beautiful and full of amazing of love. But pain will accompany every joy. Hold on to the beauty, love and joy, and tell the pain it's not time for it just yet.

Give Maggie everything, anything, she wants to eat. Bring in folks she really loves to visit with her a bit. Let her have/go/do whatever her heart desires and relish her enjoyment. Celebrate her life to the fullest. Don't be afraid to let her see you cry; she understands and loves you right back.

Hold her close often so you can feel her heartbeat and she can feel yours. Tell her all the things you want her to carry in her heart forever and listen as she tells you the same.

Please, please know that you are doing the kindest, most loving thing you could possibly do for Maggie, in spite of how much it hurts. Trust me, she knows this as well and I think you will see many signs of her gratitude over the next few days.

My heart aches with you, tears fall with yours, and arms are reaching out for you. You are not alone, Virginia, not for one second.

Huge hugs,
Leslie and the girls - always

Roxee's Dad
12-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Virginia,

My heart aches for you. You and Maggie will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Give her lots of love and comfort.

forscooter
12-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh Virginia....

I came just to look quickly in and saw Maggie's thread here. My heart sank when I read your latest post and I am so so very sorry that you are in this position. I am without the words to soothe you, as you know there are few if any that can. But, I am thinking of you and wishing you all peace in these coming days as you ready yourself to release sweet Maggie. I hope you already know by now that I think the world of you all and I wish there was something I could do or say to make things easier. All I can do is offer you my friendship as always especially at this time....

Many many hugs....Beth

gpgscott
12-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Dear Virgina and sweet Maggie,

Please spoil and hug her for all of us.

They are with us for too short a time.

She trusts you to know as she does not.

Her heart is without bounds.

Scott

Carol G
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Virginia,

My thoughts are with you.

Carol

maggiebeagle
12-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words and support. The family is alternating tears and smiles as we bring up happier memories. I am trying to keep my most vivid picture of her in my head. In her healthy years, we heard a commotion in the back yard and saw her with a possum lying beside her and a huge smile on her face. We took her inside and went out to dispose of the evidence only to find that it had been "playing possum" and was gone.
She has had a cuddle and a piece of chocolate. Special treats every day until we say goodbye.
Virginia and Maggie

Squirt's Mom
12-28-2009, 08:22 PM
(((((Hugs)))))
It is an incredible gift you and the rest of her family are giving her.

Casey's Mom
12-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Treasure her and love her as much as you can -

Hugs and tears and love,

John II
12-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Dear Virginia,

You and Maggie are in my thoughts and prayers.

clydetheboosmom
12-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Ah, Virginia -

I finally find your postings, and then I saw your most recent....you have always been such a kind force on this board, and Maggie has always had a soft spot in my heart...I'm so sorry for what you are going through, and I am thinking of you, praying for you, and hoping for you and Maggie.

Much love, and many hugs,

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

kaliuma
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
My heart goes out to you, Virginia. We can all relate to what you are going through as we care for our own beloved dogs. Please know you are not alone. With love, Susan

maggiebeagle
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Maggie took an extreme turn for the worse today and we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge. We had a hard time waking her up this morning and then she was wandering around the house like she didn't know where she was. My husband had to leave the house for a bit and came home to find her stuck in a corner. We couldn't let her go on like that.
For those of you just starting to treat your cushpups, don't be discouraged when one of us reports a death. Maggie was 15, treatment gave us three more good years with her and she was at the far end of the usual beagle lifespan.
For those of you who have been with me through this journey, thanks. We couldn't have remained sane without you.
Virginia and angel Maggie

gpgscott
12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Bless you all Virginia, and especially Maggie.

I wish you comfort in your memories of her, she is waiting with the rest for us all now.

Scott

littleone1
12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family, Virginia. Please take some consolation in knowing that Maggie is now in a very good place.

She was so lucky to have you as a mom.

My thoughts and prayers are with you to help ease your pain.

haf549
12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Virginia:

I am so sorry for your loss. You were a great Mom and did what was best for Maggie.

Heidi & Kira

Squirt's Mom
12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh Virginia,

Even tho we may know that time is coming very soon, having to make that decision early is heart-breaking. I know she was very happy her last few days with all the extra spoiling she got and I hope your time with her gave you some peace. My thoughts and prayers remain with you.

Maggie's name has been added to our In Loving Memory list for 2009. You can find this at:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132

Candles are lit for you and Maggie at:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=K9C

Please know we are here for you anytime should you need to talk.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Goldie, Crystal and Angel Ruby

forscooter
12-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Virginia,

I know you made the best choice for Maggie, and it was the right choice. And even though we knew this day was coming close, I can't help but shed the tears for you and for Maggie. I know she was so lucky to have you as you were her, and I know the coming days will be painful reminders of that love. But I hope you can find comfort in knowing that what you had with Maggie was so rare and so full of love that it brings you peace.

Thank you, Virginia, for sharing Maggie with us...and for letting us be part of your journey.

Sweet peace, Maggie.....and lots of love, Virginia...
Beth

k9diabetes
12-29-2009, 11:34 PM
Godspeed to Maggie... I know how hard it is to make that decision even when you know through and through it's the right one. I just talked today to the vet who let our Chris go more than a year ago and I've been teary-eyed all day as a result.

With great sympathy,

Natalie

John II
12-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Dear Virginia,

Our deepest sympathies,

Sabre's Mum
12-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Dear Virginia

I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you.

Take care
Angela, Sabre and Flynn

maggiebeagle
12-30-2009, 06:43 AM
We are waking up this morning without our beagle alarm. I told my husband he couldn't forget to set the alarm anymore because the back-up system was gone.
I talked a few days ago about Maggie's encounter with a possum. Last night, we had a backyard visit by a huge possum after not seeing one for years. Coincidence or a sign from Maggie?

Thanks for all your support, it means so much.
Virginia, Benny (the non-cushpup), and angel Maggie

mypuppy
12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Dear Virginia and family,
I am so very sorry for your great loss. I am hoping you and your loved ones are celebrating Maggie's sweet life with you, and that you think of all the wonderful memories and joy she brought to all of you. I love you, tight hugs to you...xo Jeanette

Squirt's Mom
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Virginia,

That first morning is a tough one for sure. It seems like everything hammers home the fact that your baby isn't there, right there!

"The path", as Bettina calls it, is difficult but you don't walk it alone. Whenever it seems your path has gotten too dark, too lonely, just reach out - we are there beside you, reaching back.

Maggie was met by so many of our pups who have gone before. They have already shown her the ropes; where the best places are to sun, where the deer cross at sundown, which rabbit will give her the best chase and where to find those ham biscuit sandwiches. Even with all the new things she has around to explore, her every thought has you at its core.

Hugs,

judymaggie
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Dear Virginia -- if it brings you any comfort, your precious Maggie and my sweet Maggie are howling away together. My best friend's husband, Bob, died suddenly last week -- he loved my Maggie a great deal and we told each other that Maggie was greeting him and now he has two Maggies to comfort him.
Take care!

gpgscott
12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
God's blessings to all the Maggie's and to us all.

scott

zoesmom
12-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Virginia - my heart is breaking for you. But Maggie knew just how much she was loved for all those years. She was indeed a lucky girl to have you. Letting them go is the hardest thing for us humans but perhaps the greatest gift we can give them. It sounds like she was ready to cross the bridge. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sue

Carol G
12-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Virginia,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Carol

Harley PoMMom
12-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Dear Virginia,

My heart is breaking for you also, and as Sue has mentioned, one of the most difficult and painful things someone has to experience when loving these beautiful furbabies is losing them.

Please remember we are here for you, we love you and we understand your pain.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Lori

Franklin'sMum
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Virginia,

I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this very difficult time.

Jane
________
How to make a vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Dollydog
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Virginia,
I'm so sorry for your loss....sometime soon I need to send a PM. I miss being able to check out stories on the old board.
Godspeed Maggie....you are so loved,
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

Roxee's Dad
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Dear Virginia,
I am so very sorry for your great loss. I am sure Maggie is now watching over you.

Keeping you and Maggie in my thoughts and prayers.

ladysmom06
12-31-2009, 07:53 AM
Dear Virginia,

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Maggie. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest sympathies.

Bagel's Mom
12-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh Virginia,
I came over here to check out news..I have spent most of my time lately on the K9 diabetes board as we are in the throes of trying to get Bagel regulated from her 2 month ago diabetes diagnosis...

Today is her 10th birthday and we will celebrate all the good stuff and how great she feels despite those readings.

..at the same time, through major tears, I pray for your family to be Comforted in your loss of sweet Maggie Beagle.

Knowing you were the greatest parents and all the many many warm and funny memories that BEAGLES create will someday be a comfort and live in a very special place in your heart that will make you smile..
but,
For now, we all are holding you close in our spirit and mourning with you.
Sande and Bagel

ChristyA
12-31-2009, 09:58 AM
I am so sorry for your heartbreak. It is quite hard after caring for them for so long to let go. I read this post this morning and got a huge smile on my face. She was a special girl and you were lucky to have each other. I hope all the great memories remind you of your love for each other during this difficult time.
Christy

Thanks for all of your kind words and support. The family is alternating tears and smiles as we bring up happier memories. I am trying to keep my most vivid picture of her in my head. In her healthy years, we heard a commotion in the back yard and saw her with a possum lying beside her and a huge smile on her face. We took her inside and went out to dispose of the evidence only to find that it had been "playing possum" and was gone.
She has had a cuddle and a piece of chocolate. Special treats every day until we say goodbye.
Virginia and Maggie

clydetheboosmom
12-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Virginia -

How sad for you..but how very like you to send out a comforting, positive message to all the cush moms and dads about the benefits of treatment.

I'm hugging you, and wishing you all the comfort I can.

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

maggiebeagle
12-31-2009, 07:21 PM
We are missing Maggie but are doing okay, I've only teared up twice today. I'm making sure to get extra cuddle time in with our other dog. Thanks again for all the support.
Happy New Year to you all!
Virginia, Benny, and angel Maggie

MiniSchnauzerMom
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Virginia,

I'm just now seeing your post (have been down with the flu). Wanted to offer my condolences and let you know how sorry I am that your sweet Maggie is no longer with you.

With sympathy,
Louise

frijole
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
I am so sorry. You were a great mom to sweet Maggie and she is at peace. Big hugs, Kim

corgipallie
01-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Godspeed sweet Maggie.

maggiebeagle
01-05-2010, 10:31 PM
It has been a week since we lost Maggie and we are slowly getting used to the "new normal". I miss having her wait on the first step of the stairs for me to get home and the sound of her nails clicking on the wooden floor of the bedroom. We have been laughing more and
crying less the last few days as we remember more of the funny things Maggie did when she was younger and sassier.
We got her cremains yesterday and plan to bury them under the "possum tree".
Thanks to all of you that posted here, lit "candles", and supported us last week.
Virginia and angel Maggie

Casey's Mom
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Virginia I am so glad that you and your family are feeling a wee bit better and remembering the good times. I loved the possum story and how very fitting to have her under the possum tree. Yes I do believe the possum you saw a few days ago was a sign from Maggie, she was showing you she is just fine.

Thank you for your words of encouragement to all of us when you are in so much pain, that means so much!

Love and many hugs,

bgdavis
01-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Virginia,

I'm so sorry that your time with Maggie is over. She was welcomed by many of our pups that went before her to the Rainbow Bridge. She has been set free of all pain. You did a wonderful job with her to get the litttle lady to the age of 15.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy

mytil
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
My ((((hugs)))) to you Virginia. I am sorry to hear that it was Maggie's time to leave. I know she is watching over you right now and will everyday -

The memories will bring great comfort to you that will last a lifetime.

Still sending healing prayers your way.
Terry

maggiebeagle
02-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Hello all. It's been a little over a month since we lost our Maggie. I still feel like I have a beagle sized hole in my heart, but I think it is healing a bit. I am so grateful to have a place to come where people realize she wasn't "just a dog".
Our other dog, Benny is enjoying his only dog status. We were afraid he would be lonely and sad but he is racing around like a puppy. He spent the last few months before Maggie died mostly cuddling with her and we thought he was slowing down.
Time to go outside, we are finally having a day with sunshine and no rain. :D.
Virginia and Angel Maggie

frijole
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
That is so sweet the way he took care of Maggie. Glad he is adapting... hang in there and keep remembering all the wonderful times with Maggie. She is protecting you now. Hugs, Kim

Squirt's Mom
02-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Virginia,

It is good to hear that you are finding peace these days. That can be hard to do sometimes, I know.

I love the image of Benny cuddling with Maggie. That is so sweet!

Hugs,

mypuppy
02-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi Virginia,
I just wanted to say "hi" from me and Princess....Love ya bunches, xo Jeanette

Casey's Mom
02-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Thank you for letting us know how you are doing - I often wonder what happens to people when they leave this site and it is nice to hear a good story even though you still miss Maggie. I am sure you always will but she is up there watching over you,

Love and hugs,

maggiebeagle
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
When my husband called to ask if I needed anything else at the grocery store this afternoon, I replied "A dog". It's time to hear the pitter-patter of four more little feet around the house.:D

Dollydog
02-16-2010, 12:50 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have fun with your search!
Jo-Ann :)

Franklin'sMum
02-16-2010, 05:23 AM
Hi Virginia,

Good luck with searching for your new 4pawed companion!!!

Jane and Franklin xx
________
Ship sale (http://ship-sale.com/)

Roxee's Dad
02-16-2010, 09:44 AM
When my husband called to ask if I needed anything else at the grocery store this afternoon, I replied "A dog". It's time to hear the pitter-patter of four more little feet around the house.:D

Good for you. :):):):) did he bring one home? :)

maggiebeagle
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
No, the only kind they had were labled "Oscar Mayer".

Casey's Mom
02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Your post made me laugh Virginia and also smile - looking for a another companion is so much fun - good luck on your search.

Love and hugs,

forscooter
02-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I wish you so much luck on your lookout for another pup...when I saw Baby Pallie, I just "knew". I hope the same happens for you! I am sure Maggie will make sure she directs you to some very special pup meant just for you! And how lucky will this new one be??? VERY!!!!!

Love ya! Beth

gpgscott
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Good luck in your search Virginia.

A lucky pup is out there somewhere:)

Scott

Squirt's Mom
02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Hi Virginia,

There is no doubt in my little mind that there is a pup out there looking for YOU! ;) Your desire to hear the "pitter-patter" of four little feet has opened a path to your heart and a very special little fur baby will find that path soon I'm sure. How exciting for you! :) and for that special baby! And I am sure Maggie will help this happen. :D

Hugs,

mytil
03-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Admin note: The posts and replies about Virginia's new furbaby has been moved to this new thread http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1815 -

EllyAugie
03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Virginia, I just saw this thread that Maggie has crossed the bridge. Wanted to let you know how sorry I am.
I found this poem the other day and thought I would share it with you and the group. Maggie knew she was loved.
Elly

Here in this house... I will never know the loneliness I hear in the barks of the other dogs 'out there'. I can sleep soundly, assured that when I wake my world will not have changed. I will never know hunger, or the fear of not knowing if I'll eat. I will not shiver in the cold, or grow weary from the heat. I will feel the sun's heat, and the rain's coolness, and be allowed to smell all that can reach my nose. My fur will shine, and never be dirty or matted.

Here in this house... There will be an effort to communicate with
me on my level. I will be talked to and, even if I don't understand, I
can enjoy the warmth of the words. I will be given a name so that I
may know who I am among many. My name will be used in joy, and I will
love the sound of it!

Here in this house... I will never be a substitute for anything I am
not. I will never be used to improve peoples' images of themselves. I
will be loved because I am who I am, not someone's idea of who I
should be. I will never suffer for someone's anger, impatience, or
stupidity. I will be taught all the things I need to know to be loved
by all. If I do not learn my lessons well, they will look to my
teacher for blame.

Here in this house... I can trust arms that hold, hands that touch...
knowing that, no matter what they do, they do it for the good of me. If I am ill, I will be doctored. If scared, I will be calmed. If sad, I will be cheered. No matter what I look like, I will be considered beautiful and known to be of value. I will never be cast out because I am too old, too ill, too unruly, or not cute enough. My life is a responsibility, and not an afterthought. I will learn that humans can almost, sometimes, be as kind and as fair as dogs. Here in this house.... I will belong. I will be home!

maggiebeagle
03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the poem, you brought a tear to my eye. I've been missing Maggie alot this weekend and I keep remembering funny little things she did (Like hide rawhide chewies in the potted plants for later).
We'll do our best to make life for our new pup, Cailey as close to these words as possible. She was found tied up outside the animal shelter on one of the coldest mornings last month.

EllyAugie
03-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Virginia, I'm so glad Cailey has found a home with u, I had 2Beagles while growing up, Duke 1st and Duke 2nd. I recall Duke 1st when he first wandered up to our home, mother said I had to wait before I could claim him as my own, each night I fell asleep on the floor behind the screen door with him outside. No one ever claimed him.
These little things our dogs do that makes us smile make fond memories, each one is special in their own way.
Best wishes with Cailey.
Elly & Augie

maggiebeagle
12-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Tomorrow will mark two years without my Maggie girl.
What a character she was!

mytil
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
(((((hugs))))) to you Virginia. I know Maggie is watching over you.

Terry

Harley PoMMom
12-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Sending huge and loving hugs.

Squirt's Mom
12-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Many hugs to you, Virginia. I hope your memories are bringing many smiles to your face.

Hugs,
Leslie and the gang

addy
12-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Virginia, 2 years seem forever when you are missing someone you love. I too hope the memories can now make you smile.

love,
addy