PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jake

Jake'smom
05-01-2013, 11:39 AM
I was given the URL to this board by a friend on another after my vet suggested that my dog, Jake be tested for Cushings.

I took him in on Monday morning to be tested. Yesterday morning he passed away.

I'll never know if he actually had it because I decided not to have the tests sent in to be analyzed, but he did have most of the signs.

This post is in memory of my sweet boy, Jake. You were such a sweet boy and are missed so deeply.

labblab
05-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry to read of your loss! But I am very grateful that your friend told you about our site, and that you are giving us the opportunity to meet you and to help you honor your sweet boy. As you will see, we have a special memorial thread here, and Jake has now been added alongside our other angels:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4794

Please know that we will welcome you back at any and all times, in order to tell us more about Jake and to share your grief. You can write anything you want -- memories of the good times and the pain of the bad times. It is all OK to share. I hope you will honor us with the chance to know Jake better by telling us more about his life, and about your lives together.

Sending you many hugs on this sad day ~ but always in loving memory of your sweet boy.
Marianne

Budsters Mom
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Hello and Welcome,:)
I am so sorry for the reason that brought you here, but I'm sure glad that you found us.:)
I am truly sorry for your loss. Most of us have had beloved pets pass over the rainbow bridge one time or another. We understand your sorrow and frustration. Please visit us as often as you'd like and share stories about Jake when you are ready.
Sending many hugs your way,

Kathy and Buddy:cool:

Squirt's Mom
05-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Oh, honey, I am so sorry about your sweet Jake but am glad you came to share him with us. He will always be honored here. We really would love the opportunity to get to know a bit about him and the life the two of you shared when you are up to it. Sometimes it helps to start writing early on and sometimes we need a little time - whatever is right for you, we will be here to help you celebrate Jake's life when you are ready.

I really doubt the delay in testing caused his death. Cushing's is a very slowly progressing condition, taking years to do any permanent damage. Most pups have had it for a long time before they are finally diagnosed and their parents had no idea anything was wrong. We simply put it down to getting older or some other normal process. Cushing's is not one of the obvious diseases, it is quiet and slow and sneaky, hard to diagnose even when it is suspected. It isn't uncommon for us to find ourselves in the position of telling folks who come here that we wouldn't start treatment right now if it were us in spite of their vet pushing them to start. Even pups we see who are obviously in an advanced stage of Cushing's seldom pass as a result of the disease but from something totally unrelated or simple old age. So the delay in having Jake tested more than likely had absolutely nothing to do with what happened yesterday. You have no reason to feel guilty about this.

The odds are there was something wrong that hadn't been discovered yet. Something like a tumor, heart defect/disease, or cancer. A tumor was found on my own baby's spleen with an ultrasound a few years back. If it hadn't been found, it would have ruptured and I would have never known what happened to her. There were no indications in her behavior that anything was that seriously wrong. It sounds as if something like this may have happened to your sweet boy for it to come so suddenly. I just really doubt you are in any way responsible, honey.

We are here anytime you wish to talk, to cry, to scream - we understand the pain you are feeling today and offer a soft place to fall.

Our sincerest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick, Sophie, and our Angels, Tasha, Crystal and Ruby

I ONLY WANTED YOU

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

--- Anonymous ---

molly muffin
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I am so sorry that it is your loss that brought you here, but we are deeply honored that you would consider coming to us and having Jake in our memorial section. Many come back year after year and remember their beloved companion and light a candle for them, or say a few words on their personal threads.
I know this is a very heart breaking time for you to have lost him so suddenly.

hugs,
Sharlene and Molly Muffin

Fellasmom
05-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Hi
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Jake.I'm glad you found this site as everyone here understands what you are going through.I'm fairly new to this site myself but the love and support here have been a lifeline for me during my darkest days.You and Jake are in my thoughts and prayers and we are here for you.
Love,
Patty