PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Tribute

lulusmom
05-25-2009, 12:18 PM
This YouTube video honors those who serve our country. Memorial Day is more than just a day off work. It’s a day to remember those who have served and are still serving in the military.

You may be attending a parade or tribute. Or perhaps you’re just spending your day with the family. But take a minute to remember our servicemen and women. And if you see any, thank them for their hard work.

http://videos.komando.com/2009/05/25/memorial-day-tribute/

lleigh
05-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Thank you Glenda for the link. It is a lovely tribute to the military and a wonderful reminder of the reason we celebrate this holiday. God bless them all!

Lyn
Father - Korean War Vet
Husband - Vietnam War Vet

gpgscott
05-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks Glynda,

I never served but many of my family have. My father and both brothers, they all had the good fortune to have served in times of peace.

May all one day and soon serve in times of peace.

Scott

StarDeb55
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for posting this, Glynda. I always try to take a few minutes on both Memorial & Veteran's Day to reflect & thank those brave citizens who are serving to protect our liberty. I always offer a special thanks to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Debbie

Father- WWI veteran (betcha many people can't say this)
Numerous cousins- Vietnam, Korea, Desert Storm, Afghanistan, & Iraq

Bichonluver3
05-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks, Lulusmom!
I, too, posted a thread for Memorial Day (great minds think alike...... :)

We are originally from Canada but are American citizens now.

My youngest son is a Naval Aviator flying the Navy's new MH-60s. He is 24 years old (youngest in his graduating class from OCS and in any of his training so far). When we asked him why he joined the Navy when so many other opportunities awaited him, he told us that this country had given him so much that he wanted to give something back. He also said he wanted to start a military tradition in our family.

My father was a navigator/pilot for the Royal Canadian Air Force who served in WW11. He passed away Jan. 4, 2010 at 93 years of age but, happily, not until his grandson earned his wings. He was so proud.

To us military moms, all military are our family. What hurts one, hurts us all. We can appreciate the unspeakable pain of families who have and may yet lose loved ones.

No, Memorial Day for us is more than a day off work or a BBQ in the back yard. It is waking up that morning, as always, with a lump in your throat, fear in your mind but an incredible pride for the choices these very special people have made.

To all our military people and, particularly to LTjg Joshua who is on deployment somewhere in the Pacific Ocean aboard the USNS Carl Brashear: God speed, may the seas be calm and the winds be light. We pray for you everyday, we couldn't be prouder and we wait for your safe return.

Carrol