PDA

View Full Version : 13 y/o westie with cushings - Snickers has passed

dees
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Snickers has crossed the bridge. He was losing all strength in hind legs and very obviously in distress. He went very peacefully at the vets office. He was a wonderful dog and with a true heart of gold. Thank you to everyone for all your help. I will check back from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

Harley PoMMom
05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Dee,

I am so, so sorry about your beloved Snickers.

You did everything a good Mom could have done and more.

Please remember WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry.

Squirt's Mom
05-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Dear Dee,

I am so sorry and stunned to read this sad news about your sweet Snickers. We do all we can to help our babies but when all our efforts fail, and we have no real options to choose from to ease their suffering, then we have to make the decision to set them free.

I am sure this decision was not easy for you to make, but please know Snickers is now pain free, once again whole as he was intended to be, running and playing with the babies across the Bridge.

A candle has been lit for Snickers at:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ccnet

Our sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal

dees
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Thank you for the candle. Snickers was a 12th birthday present for my daughter and was an incredible dog. Saying goodbye is never easy but I do know that setting him free was the right thing to do.

Spiceysmum
05-14-2009, 02:59 PM
So sorry to hear the sad news about Snickers. My thoughts are with you.

Linda and Spicey

Wylie's Mom
05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Snickers. My thoughts are with you and your family.

-Susy

MiniSchnauzerMom
05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Dee,

I was saddened to read your post about Snickers and am so very sorry for your loss. Peace, sweet Snickers.

Louise

Kwiggles
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Dear Dee,

I was so sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved Snickers. May you find comfort in knowing what a wonderful mom you were for him and remembering the long & happy life he shared with your family.

{{hugs}}
Karen & Joe

BestBuddy
05-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Dee,
I am so sorry that Snickers didn't make it. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Godpeed Snickers
Jenny

4Mikeydog
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Dear Dee,

I am so sorry to hear that your dear Snickers crossed the bridge today. My heart breaks for you and your family. It takes a great deal of courage an unselfish love to set your dear one free. I wish you healing and comfort.

with love,
Dorothy and Mikey

Roxee's Dad
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Dear Dee,
I am so sorry for your great loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you today.
John (Roxee's Dad)

Coolidge
05-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Dee:

I'm so sorry. You did everything possible for Snickers. My heart goes out to you. Snickers is free from pain and running around at the bridge with those waiting.

Hugs to you and yours.

John II
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Dear Dee,

I am so sorry for your loss.
Words don't seem adequate,
but we are all thinking of you.

John II

nikkismom
05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Dee, I'm so sorry about your Snickers.I know he was a wonderful dog and will be missed greatly. Sharon

dees
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you for all the words of support and kindness. Dee

ChristyA
05-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Dee,
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is never easy even if we know it is the right thing to do, letting go is very hard especially after we've fought to keep them with us.

I'm sure after 13 years with Snickers you have many wonderful memories to help you through this time.

God Bless,
Christy

Tamarah
05-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Dee -
I am so so sorry to hear of Snickers passing. I know how incredibly difficult this time is for you. You're in our thoughts and prayers!
Tammy & Crash

k9diabetes
05-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi Dee,

I'm so very very sorry to hear of Snickers' passing and relieved that you were able to reconnect with this community of support. Bless you for being such a good mom to your cute boy and Godspeed to Snickers,

Natalie

Truffa's Mom
05-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Dee I am so sorry for your loss. Loosing a loved one is heartbreaking. Please be kind to yourself and know that you can come often to this forum for anything you want. We will keep you in our prayers. Godspeed sweet Snickers.

Marcela & The Choco Labs

Miko's Mom
05-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Dee, I am so sorry to read about Snickers. I had the loss of the rear with Miko too. That was a hard one to accept. I will keep you in my prayers. Christine

lleigh
05-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Dee,

I am so sorry to hear the news about Snickers. The time we have with them is never long enough. There are some truly wonderful furbabies waiting to greet Snickers at the Bridge. Mine is the one with the big stick in her mouth.

Lyn

ladysmom06
05-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Dear Dee,

I am so very sorry to hear about Snickers. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

Rusty's Mom
05-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Dee,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. May your fun memories help your family through this time of grief.

Blessings,

MJ

dees
05-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Thank you to all for your support and kindness. This forum truly helped me get through a difficult time. Coming home to an empty house was difficult so on Memorial Day I rescued a wonderful 13 month old golden retriever I have named Bentley. Bentley and I have some great adventures ahead and I am certain that Snickers would approve. All the best, Dee.

Squirt's Mom
05-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi Dee,

A new baby! :) And a rescue baby! :D How wonderful!! No doubt the future is full of new surprises and wonders for you both, and I am positive Snickers fully approves. He knows Bentley needed a good mom and that his mom needed another pup to love.

When you get a chance, post a pic of Bentley.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

dees
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
I will definitely email a photo. Bentley is a love bug.

Truffa's Mom
05-29-2009, 02:45 PM
OHHHH Bentley, how sweet.... A rescue baby!!! From my point of view is two angels rescuing each other. I bet Snickers told him to hypnotize your heart. I 'd look forward for Bentley's pictures. In the meantime I'll keep you our thoughts and prayers.

Marcela & The Choco Labs