PDA

View Full Version : My Precious Angel Dakota

Tina
02-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Five years ago today my heart and soul Dakota left me and this world behind to join the Angels in heaven above. While she did not have Cushings, I was told that I could write an “honorary” memorial for her here. (Thank you, Marianne). I have mentioned a bit about her in a couple of threads, but wanted to honor her with a place of her own.

I picked her out of a litter of 7 black lab puppies, or I should say that she picked me. She was born in a barn (literally) in the middle of February, and on my first visit, she was the one who followed me all around the farm yard in the freezing cold and snow, untying my shoes at every turn. I brought her home at 6 weeks of age, a little fuzzy ball of black fur. She grew into the most regal, beautiful, shiny black dog you have ever seen. She was my first born, and she was my whole world.

She enjoyed the outdoors, water, snow, running, playing ball, and chasing anything that moved. A typical Retriever. And she loved laying on the couch watching TV with me, sleeping on my bed with her own fuzzy blanket, and in later years when she couldn’t get on or off the bed easily, her sheepskin pelt “bed”. She was what you would call a “velcro dog”. She had to be with me every minute and would follow me from room to room, never staying by herself for more than a few seconds. Even from a sound sleep she would get up and follow me to see what I was doing. She had separation anxiety, and hated being left home alone while I went to work. In later years she developed a wind phobia (as opposed to thunderstorm phobia), and on days where the forecast was calling for wind over 20 mph, I would give her a small dose of anti-anxiety medication to take the edge off. She tore both of her ACL’s through the years, one at age 8, the other at age 12, and had surgeries to repair both. She had occasional UTI's, a couple of episodes with some small bladder stones/crystals in her urine, and occasional bouts with colitis. Other than those things, she was a healthy girl. I realize now more than ever what a blessing that was.

We had a wonderful life together, her and I. We had many adventures, walks, fun outings, and lazy days. We were inseparable. When she was 10, we were blessed with her brother Jasper. That was quite the adjustment for her, but she accepted him with grace, even though he was a little hooligan. He was a very bossy and demanding puppy, and he pestered her mercilessly. I do not have children, so she was definitely my child and my parenting revolved around her, as it now does around Jasper and Shelby.

I took her with me everywhere I could. My family lives in South Texas, and I couldn’t bear kenneling her, so rather than flying, I would cut the visit a bit short in order to allow time for the 2 day drive each way so she could come with me. We made the trip 3 times just her and I. On her last trip to see Grandma and my brother, she had her baby brother Jasper along also. My Mom so enjoyed these visits, and called her “her Granddog”. We were quite the group on a long road trip. She had her own tote bag and everything!

When she was almost 14, we discovered a mass in her chest, which my vet felt was hemangiosarcoma based on all the symptoms. The prognosis was very poor, and it progressed very rapidly from the time she was diagnosed. I was devastated. She became so sick so quickly, that I was completely unprepared for what was to come. Six days before her 14th birthday, I faced the most difficult decision and day of my life, and had to let her go. Losing her brought a pain I have never known. It felt like my heart was torn out, and that I had lost not only my heart, but my soul as well; everything. I felt like only a shell was left. It was some consolation having Jasper, but at first I felt like I didn’t have anything left for him. Then he came to be my reason for going on, my savior. It didn’t take long to see that he was grieving also, and we struggled with her loss together. I know I will never be the same without her, but I have come to realize that the experience of her loss has somehow enabled me to have even that much more love and nurturing for Jasper and now Shelby.

While I love them both dearly, I still miss her so. I miss the light that shined in her brown eyes, her shiny black satin fur, her silky velvet ears, her cold wet nose, her big feet stepping on everything, her tail knocking everything off the coffee table with one sweep, the sound of her footsteps padding down the hallway, her entire body wagging every time she saw me, even if I had only gone out to the garage and back for a second, the deep sound of her bark, the way rain rolled off her back like a duck, the feeling of her body on the back of my legs as she crammed herself into the bathroom with me every day as I got ready for work, the peaceful sound of her deep breathing in a restful sleep, her hot breath in my face, her sloppy kisses, the smell of the top of her head and neck when I would hug her. There is so much more that I could say.

She was the most special of dogs, and everyone that had the privilege of knowing her could see that. My vet called her a “once in a lifetime dog”. There is no description that fits her more accurately.

Dakota, I love you and miss you so. In five years, not a day has passed where I don't think about you and talk to you just like I used to when you were here. I look up at the heavens above and know you are there in every sunny day and in every star that shines at night. I know your spirit is always with me. My precious Angel Baby, my beautiful Princess. My once in a lifetime dog. Always in my heart, never out of my mind. Don't forget me Dakota girl.

I love you and miss you so much,

Mom

molly muffin
02-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Tina. HUGS!!!

I am so glad that you decided to share you beautiful Dakota with us. What a special girl she was and how lucky to have such a wonderful mom as you. She paved the way for Jasper and Shelby. :)
I am so sorry that you lost her but I am very happy that you had her in your life. It sounds like a life full of wonders and joys. Quiet times and a few rowdy ones too. :)

Every day is precious and these who are so special to us, so loved by us and giving to us remind us of that. A child is a gift, Dakota was a gift to you and you are a gift to Jasper, Shelby and all of us and of course, to the beautiful Dakota.

love,
Sharlene

labblab
02-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Tina, I am so glad and grateful to read about your beautiful Dakota. Thank you for sharing her story with us, so that we can join you in honoring her, today and always. I look over at my own dear black Lab who is sound asleep beside me on the couch, and tears fill my eyes because I know what a privilege it is to share our lives with these girls, and also how quickly our lives with them pass by. If only we could stop the clock -- if only we could reverse the clock for just one hour to relive just a few precious moments together once again.

I know the memories are always with us, and they especially flood our thoughts and our hearts on these anniversaries. I send many hugs to you this evening, always in loving memory of your sweetest girl.

Marianne

mytil
02-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Oh Tina,

Thank you so much for sharing Dakota's story with us. Sounds very much like she is your soul doggie.

When you get the chance, please post a photo of her in your album as I would love to look into those sweet eyes.

Terry

milosmom
02-12-2013, 08:14 AM
what a beautiful story about your forever girl,nice way to honor the life she shared with you.thank you for sharing...patty (milo)meka xoxox

Tina
02-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Happy Birthday my Angel Baby. Missing you so much today. You are forever in my heart.

Love you,
Mom

gummysmurf
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Happy Birthday Dakota!!

Tina, the sweet words you wrote about Dakota sound like my words - all of it - down to missing the smell of the top of her head, and the feel of her at your legs, and the lazy days on the couch. And you write about her, ten years later, and I believe that in ten years I'll still miss Baxter every bit as much. Exactly, a once in a lifetime dog. We were so lucky to have them in our lives.

Tina
02-11-2014, 07:54 AM
It has been six years since you left me, my Angel Baby. It's hard to believe that six years ago today was the last time I touched your silky fur. So much pain that day, I still can't get it all out of my mind. I am crying now just thinking about it still. It is somewhat easier to think about all the good memories now, but I still feel like I can't get past how horrible things were at the end. I don't know when that will really get better. Nothing I can say can describe how much you are loved and missed.

I still talk out loud to you every single day, and say goodbye to you every time I leave the house, just like always. Just as if you were here. I hope you can hear me baby, I remember how much you hated to be left home alone. I miss having your head to pat and nose to kiss as I leave. I look at your pictures all the time, and I try to picture you now, happy and healthy and whole, in heaven. Running free, without a care in the world. I wish you would give me a sign that you are ok. I know I always ask for that, but I need to believe that you are ok and waiting for me. Even more importantly, I ask that you look after Jasper.

I know you didn't get to see this, but he has grown into the sweetest, most sensitive and loving little boy ever. He has been through so much with this illness and all that it has damaged in his little body. I know you would be proud of what a trooper he has been and continues to be. Please watch over him Dakota and give him strength to continue the fight. Help me to always do the right thing for him. I love him so much too. And the piece of my heart that you took with you, keep it safe. It will always be with you. I love you and miss you so much. You are always in my thoughts and in my heart.

Love,
Mom

labblab
02-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Oh Tina, "Amen" to your prayer, and huge hugs as we join you in honoring your beautiful, precious girl.

Always in loving memory of sweet Dakota ~
Marianne

Budsters Mom
02-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Tina,

I did not get a chance to get to know your sweet Dakota. If she is anything like her brother and mother, it is my loss. Bless you and your babies Tina. Xxxxx

molly muffin
02-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi Tina, today we take a moment out of our lives to honor the life of Dakota, who brought you so much pleasure and love and who is still so greatly missed and always will be.

Watch out for your momma and Jasper and Shelby, Dakota.

hugs,
Sharlene and Molly Muffin

apollo6
02-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank you for sharing. The love is always there. May Dakota be watching over you.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

Tina
02-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Happy Birthday my sweet Baby. I love you and miss you so much. Twenty years ago today you came into this world. I hope you are at peace today and every day. You are always in my heart.

Love you,
Mom

Tina
02-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Another year has passed my darling, another long year without you. Not one single day has gone by without our usual conversations. I hope you can hear my words, I say them all out loud. I picture your face - ears intently listening, and beautiful soulful brown eyes fixed on every word.

This morning I sat in the dark going over every little thing about you in my mind. Recalling every tiny detail that I can remember. There is so much that I miss, but oh how I miss the sound of your big feet padding down the hallway carpet. They sound much different than little feet.

Please continue to watch over Jasper, and continue to help me always do the right things and make the best decisions for him. He has a lot of issues, but is keeping up the good fight, and is just a love. You would be so proud of him. Please help him stay strong. You are always in my heart my Angel Baby. I love and miss you so.

Love,
Mom

apollo6
02-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Hugs
Sonja and Angel Apollo

Tina
02-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Happy Birthday my beautiful girl. Never far from my thoughts and always in my heart. xo

Love you,
Mom

labblab
02-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Oh Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Dakota! Be sure to watch over your mom, in between celebrating with all our other sweet spirits at The Bridge.

Sending much love from your K9C family, always in our loving memory ~
Marianne

Budsters Mom
02-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Happy Birthday angel Dakota. Buddy's birthday is in two days. Maybe you can party together. ;):p

Harley PoMMom
02-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Happy Birthday, sweet Dakota.

Squirt's Mom
02-23-2015, 09:50 AM
A very belated Happy Birthday to you, sweet Dakota. We seem to be showing up late to all the parties lately. :o I know you had a wonderful day, just like all your days now.

Tina
02-11-2016, 06:42 AM
Another year without you my sweet precious Angel. It's so hard to believe it has been this long. I think about you so much every day, and still miss you so. Some days it is still quite devastating to think that I will never again see you on this earth. My thoughts go back to the awful day you had to leave, and I am still so torn up over that. I have been struggling with that a lot lately for some reason, not exactly sure why. Just missing you I guess. I hope you can hear all my conversations with you. I still leave the house every time with our usual see you later and be back soon. xo

Your baby brother seems to be doing fairly well right now I think, and we continue to battle all of his issues, old and new. At times, that can be a full time job. He has some worrisome blood work right now, so please keep watching over him and help him keep up the good fight. He really is a tough little boy, but has a lot going on. And as always, guide me to always do what is best for him and make the right decisions as we continue on this journey.

This morning I see the sad news that we have lost a few more precious babies from our K9C family. That is always tough, but hits particularly hard now on this anniversary. I know that you will help greet them as they arrive at the bridge, and show them the ropes, along with all the others who have gone before them.

I love and miss you up to the stars. Always in my thoughts and heart, my beautiful Dakota girl.

Love you,
Mom (and Jasper too) xo

Joan2517
02-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Dear Tina, I am new here, but your words express how I feel about my Lena and I am so dreading the day that she will leave me. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan

labblab
02-11-2016, 07:53 AM
Oh Tina, you and sweet Dakota are so precious to us (and of course, Jasper and Shelby, too!). Reading your tender and loving words to Dakota urges me to give special "good morning" hugs to my own dear black Lab girl :o... The time we are allowed to share together on this earth is never, ever long enough. And the separation is so bittersweet. We are blessed with the memories, but stabbed by the pain of the loss.

But the gift our family gives one another is the sharing of all that is important -- good times and also the hard times. So we thank you for letting us share in your tribute to Dakota, and for letting us help you to honor her memory.

You are such a good girl, Dakota! You are such a good dog! I know you are playing with my Barkis and all our other babies at the Bridge. There are some new arrivals this week, both big and small. Help take care of them and show them the ropes, until they are rejoined with their moms and dads once again. In the meantime, we will do our very best here to help you take care of your sweet mom, and Jasper and Shelby. We know you are always in her heart.

Sending huge hugs to you this day, Tina, on behalf of sweet Dakota who forever loves her mom.
Marianne

Tina
02-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Thank you Joan for your kind words, and as always Marianne, your heartfelt words mean so much. Thank you and big hugs.

Happy Birthday my beautiful Angel. I hope you spend your day frolicking at the bridge. Always in my thoughts and heart. Miss you so much.

Love you,
Mom xo

apollo6
02-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Dear Tina
Thank you for sharing the love you have and always will have for Dakota. No matter how much time has passed we will always miss them and the grief comes and goes. Here we can acknowledge these feelings and be validated, loved and supported.
Dear Dakota you left your paw print on your Mom's heart.
Love Sonja and Apollo

molly muffin
02-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Sending you big hugs Tina. I know Dakota will always be missed.

labblab
09-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Hey there, Dakota Girl! I'm sure you were one of the very first to greet my sweet Peg when she came racing to The Bridge. What a sight that must have been -- two shiny black dogs running and jumping together on strong healthy legs! Both you girls are missed so dearly, but we moms must try to take comfort in knowing that you are together and forever watching over us. Two beautiful brown-eyed girls with your satin coats and those weighty waggy tails...

Please take special care of your mom and your little brother right now. I know you don't need me to tell you that, because you always snuggle tightly right there in your mom's heart. But please give her some extra strength and comfort during these tough times.

Take care, sweet Dakota. And be sure to give Peg a run for her money today. You girls are both so beautiful racing along with the sun in the soft green grass!

Sending much love from your Auntie Marianne

Tina
09-09-2016, 11:07 AM
Oh Marianne, I know our girls are spending their days together, running like the wind and playing with abandon. I am imagining an occasional tug of war ensuing. :D I asked Dakota to meet your beautiful girl at The Bridge and show her the ropes. I am sure they are fast friends now. Shiny black coats with unmatched beauty. And both of them, along with sweet Barkis, shining down on us from above always. xo

Tina
02-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Sweet Angel Baby, I can hardly bring myself to write to you today. Nine years since you had to leave and I still miss you so. Now your brother is gone too and I am just shattered. How can you both just be gone? The grief now is overwhelming, like it was when you left, but somehow I feel like I handled it better then. I don't know. Today it is excruciating thinking about both of you not being here, yet that is all I have been able to do all day. Nine years without you Angel, and Jasper has been gone 11 weeks today. I feel like he was my last earthly connection to you and now our circle is broken forever.

Not a single day has passed without our usual talks, and I still tell you "Bye Sweetheart, I'll be back as soon as I can, you keep the house safe" every time I need to leave. I remember how you would look at me so intently when I would say those words and how you held your ears so alert, knowing that I was leaving. Oh how you hated to be left at home alone.

Dakota I hope with all my being that you are happy and content, and have found your brother and are looking after him. I wish there was some way I could be sure. It would bring me such peace. The thought of that little boy being alone and scared torments me. I know you wouldn't let that happen. I believe that his special K9C friends are there with you both too, they are a fine fine bunch. The best really. I am quite sure that Peg has become your best girlie friend. The two of you, the most beautiful shiny black girls anyone has ever seen or could ever imagine. I love and miss you to the stars and beyond, and your baby brother too. My two precious angels. Both of you, always in my thoughts and forever in my heart.

Love,
Mama xoxo

labblab
02-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Dear, dear Tina, I can only imagine how much you are hurting right now. It was so very brave of you to come and add this note. Sweet, beautiful Dakota deserves to be honored by us all, so I thank you for giving us the chance to join in. Losing our loved ones is excruciating. But with humans and animal companions alike, we trust that now that their spirits have been released, there truly is no longer any pain or any fear. They are always at peace now, and I do believe they would wish the same for us.

I think I may understand how losing Jasper is also a lost link to Dakota. I felt something similar when Peg died -- that she had been my last physical connection with Barkis, and so there was a double grieving when she passed. With time, though, that pain has eased. I think mainly because I always think of them together now, "Barkis 'n Peg," neither of them lonely. And because Luna is still here, needing me, I still have a purpose to my days. Just like Shelby still needs you, too.

Each one of our babies is so very special. Each one claims our heart and owns a unique chapter in our life. So many milestones and so much love that is shared. But our time together passes so quickly. When we look back, it was never nearly long enough. We are here for you, Tina, and so sorry for how much your heart is hurting right now.

Giant, enormous, humongous hugs being sent your way ~
Marianne

DoxieMama
02-12-2017, 08:26 AM
Oh Tina, I too can relate, and am sending many more hugs and warm thoughts from the west coast to you.

Squirt's Mom
02-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Sweet Tina, I know how you feel as well. I DO believe with all my being that our babies are together not only with each other but also with all the humans they ever loved who have had to leave. Our circles are never broken, just changed. Those ties that bind are twisted around and thru each other creating a stronger bond than ever. When the time comes that our jobs here are done we will follow those bonds to our loved ones, both four- and two-legged. If I didn't believe this, I don't know that I could take this next breath because there would be no reason for me to do so. It is more than hope for me - it is one of the cornerstones of my Path, my faith if you will, that life goes on and on and on. That the ones we love in this life will be with us in the next and the next and the next...we truly are NEVER parted tho our connections will change. I know in my bones that I will walk with Squirt, with my child, with all whom I have loved again one day. And you will walk with Dakota and Jasper again as well. Til that day, we hold their memories tight, cherishing the gift of love we share, and honoring them with every tear.

You are not alone, dear Tina. Your babies are with you as are we...always.
Hugs,
Leslie

molly muffin
02-13-2017, 05:36 PM
HUGS Tina. Just know that we are here for you whenever you want us. I am sure Dakota and Jasper have found each other and all the others that have gone before from here. I Choose to believe this is true and for me it helps. I simply couldn't bear it to be otherwise.

Tina
02-17-2017, 06:03 AM
Thank you so much everyone. I admit I am struggling right now and appreciate the kind words so much. The belief that my two precious angels are together and one day we will all be reunited again is all I have to hold onto. Happy Birthday my beautiful Dakota girl. Your brother is there now to spend the day with you. Always in my thoughts and forever in my heart. Love and miss you both to the stars and beyond. xxoo

DoxieMama
02-17-2017, 08:05 AM
Happy birthday, Dakota!

Tina
02-11-2018, 11:45 PM
Well Dakota girl, today marks 10 years without you. A decade, I can hardly believe it. It feels like an eternity. All day I have been thinking about the fact that a whole decade of my life has passed since you left, and about all I have been through since then. I've been looking at your pictures, and wondering what you have experienced during all of this time.

Some of the little things about you are getting a bit foggy in my mind. Sometimes I can't really hear the sound of your bark so clearly. Or the sound of your big deep breaths when you were sleeping. I guess some of those things are bound to fade a bit, but it makes me worry and feel sad. I will never forget you, my beautiful shiny black dog. My special girl. Mama loves and misses you. Look after your baby brother, I miss him so. I think about you both every single day Angel. You are always in my heart. xxoo

Joan2517
02-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Hugs, Tina...I am beginning to forget those special little things too. The way Lena sighed when I held her, her gurgling tummy, her sweet scent. It is sad. I try so hard to keep those memories, but they are fading.

Our love for them never does, though.

labblab
02-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Oh Tina, I can hardly see to type through my tears this morning. I had the oddest night, myself. Very restless when I went to bed, and when I roused yet again at midnight, I saw that Luna was gone. Since the day that Peg died, Luna has spent every single night on the fluffy mat at the foot of our bed. Before that, the girls always slept together downstairs. Partly by choice, partly because we blocked them off at the beginning cuz they kept waking us up, but at the end because Peg could no longer climb the stairs. Anyway, I was worried about Luna and went downstairs to find her. She was curled up, asleep, in her old spot on the loveseat (Peg always had the couch). It was weird but she seemed fine, so I went back upstairs but I still fretted through the night. I had the oddest feeling this morning, and was missing Peg so badly. I told hubby the whole story, and without even having to think for a minute, he said, “I bet Luna sensed Peg’s spirit there on the couch and went down to join her again for the night.”

Oh my. So maybe there are signs of comfort and visitation that are hard for us humans to recognize. Maybe our sweet fur babies are trying to give us signs that are hard for us see, especially through our tears. Maybe when we’re missing them the most, they’re actually closest to us. I know your Dakota and my Peg are two brown-eyed peas in a pod. Shiny black dogs, probably joined at the hip now. So maybe they made a deal, and Peg came back to us last evening and Dakota flew back to you. You may not have even known she was there. But I bet she was. Your Velcro dog, back to watch over you while you slept.

They are our angels, Tina.

I know this doesn’t change how much we miss them, though. That part will never change and our tears will probably never end.

But still, I can send you my warmest thoughts and biggest hugs, always in honor of our sweet, sweet girls.
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
02-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Dear Tina,

Marianne has spoken the truth so eloquently; I simply second her words.

Know you are never alone. Your K9C family is always here for you anytime you need to talk.
Many hugs, sweet lady,
Leslie

molly muffin
02-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Sending hugs out to you Tina. Time is not our friend when it comes to our memories, but the memories of the heart. Those last forever and creep up on you when least expected.

Marianne, Maybe Luna was having a heart memory of her own and sought out the comfort of her spot with Peg.

DoxieMama
02-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Sending you more hugs, and wishes for tender memories of your sweet girl.

Shana

Tina
02-12-2019, 01:10 AM
My Angel baby, another year has passed without you. Just a couple months ago marked 2 years without your brother. Some days the sadness is overwhelming and I do wonder how I will muddle through the rest of my life without the two of you. It already seems like an eternity and life can be so cruel sometimes. You and Bubba watch over me and Shelby like always. Mama loves and misses you to the stars and beyond. My beautiful Dakota girl. xxoo

spdd
02-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Sending you many hugs. Sure know how you feel. Somehow we muddle along, but it's never the same.

Joan2517
02-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Yes, it's true...nothing will be the same. Lee will be gone 3 years next week, an eternity to me.

Many, many hugs, Tina...

Squirt's Mom
02-12-2019, 01:34 PM
I don't think we ever forget do we, Tina? They are ever-present in our heart and in our minds. How blessed we are to have been able to share a love so true and so pure - something many will never know. I have no doubt that Jasper and Dakota are keeping watch over you faithfully with hearts full of love for their mama.

Hugs,
Leslie

labblab
02-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Oh Tina, surely our two shiny black girls remain best buddies, romping together on strong healthy legs. That makes me smile, but it’s so hard for us to be separated from them. Forever loved. Forever missed. Forever in our hearts.

Sending tons of hugs your way, today and every day.
Marianne

Tina
02-12-2020, 06:15 AM
My beautiful Dakota girl, yesterday was 12 years that you’ve been gone. Not a single day has passed without thinking about you. Your baby brother too. Love and miss you so.

No, we will never forget, and nothing will ever be the same again. Marianne, our girls are most certainly besties. With a couple of precious boys, big and little, tagging along. Forever in our hearts. xoxo

labblab
02-13-2020, 07:48 AM
Tina, sending you tons of hugs and loving thoughts. No matter how much time passes, the heart remembers everything.

Love. Is. Forever.

For all our angels today and always, and especially your sweet Dakota girl. Precious beautiful shiny black dog. <3 <3 <3
Marianne

Budsters Mom
02-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Awww Sweet Tina, I miss you so much. I miss seeing you log on during nightly potty runs with Jasper. I didn't get a chance to know Dakota through you, like I did Jasper. However, I do know that she was, and will always be truly blessed to have had you for her mom. I'm not sure if we ever stop missing them, or even if we should. I will always honor you along with your sweet Dakota and precious Jasper. Xxxoooo

apollo6
02-14-2020, 12:14 PM
Dear Tina, Dakota will always be in your heart. We never have enough time with our fur Angels. They leave an imprint on our hearts forever. It has been 6 years since I lost Apollo. I miss my baby every day. Love Sonja

Tina
02-11-2023, 11:01 PM
Dakota my beautiful Angel, I haven't written for a while. It is so hard to believe but today marks 15 years since you had to leave me. I have been thinking about you all day. I miss you every single day, along with little bubs Jasper. And now your baby sister that you didn't know on earth is there with you too. She hasn't been there long and Momma is just heartbroken again. You are magical so I know you recognized her right away and were waiting for her when she arrived, with Jasper's help. I know you are taking good care of both of them. You may need to teach little Shelby a thing or two about how to get along with other fur babies. She was not the best at that here on earth, and you just loved everyone you ever saw. Momma loves and misses you so. Forever in my heart my Dakota girl. xoxo

labblab
02-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Hey Dakota, it’s your Auntie Marianne thinking of you and your mom and the love that you’ll share forever. You and your cousins are all finally together now, probably racing around as fast as your feet will fly! All on strong healthy legs. All with bright eyes. All with perfect hearts and proud happy spirits.

I know you and Peg are surely best friends. Our beautiful shiny black girls. But now you have two more cousins to watch over. And some other new arrivals, too. Sweet little Doree, and dear Bentley, and I know there are others as well. Watch over them all, our Dakota girl, while knowing that your earthly family here still remembers and honors you. Today and every day.

Sending my love to you and to your mom, always.