PDA

View Full Version : Missing apollo everyday

apollo6
01-26-2013, 10:30 PM
My dear friends it has been almost over 4 months and I miss my boy every day. I miss him pulling the covers off me in the morning, sitting on my stomach and licking my face to get me up. Being spread eagled in the kitchen when I would get home waiting for a belly rub. I miss him looking at me when I drive. I miss when I'd take a nap on the couch and he would sit on my stomach and just look at me with love.
Today was a strange day. I took down a music box take to arrange in a still life drawing I am doing for an art class. And I turned it on and remembered how much Apollo loved music boxes. He could be anywhere in the house and he would come running wagging his tail if I played it. When I arranged the music box to make a picture it started playing by itself. I just looked up to heaven and felt like Apollo was giving me a message that he is watching over me. I am still struggling with his loss. Family other than my mother really don't listen to me. I wish I was still a part of the forum because it would mean Apollo is still here.
I went to the vet with Arial for his first checkup and even my vet was worried it would be very hard for Arial to fill Apollo's shoes as they say, because Apollo was just so special almost 14 years of such a bond. Even people at the park would say they had never seen such intense love between a dog and its owner. I love you all.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

milosmom
01-27-2013, 12:01 AM
hey sonja !!! as tears streak down my cheeks i can feel your pain(and mine)and our empty hearts and nests.i have to believe that our furbabies will be forever present in our hearts and will always have our memories to carry us through these crappy times.we will all be here(i am so sure)to get us all thru these heart-breaking times...forever in our hearts.........patty(milo)meka xoxox