PDA

View Full Version : Willow Has Crossed the Bridge

Ginger
10-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Willow passed away peacefully this morning at home. She followed me everywhere and was my little shadow. She was my protector and my best friend. I will miss her so much.

The last few days she wasn't able to follow me anywhere, so I carried her from room to room so she could still be my darling shadow.

Over the last few weeks she had stopped eating. We tried everything: expensive food, cheap food, home cooked chicken, eggs, even cat food that she used to steal from the cats.

The last 5 days we spoon fed her baby food, which she seemed to enjoy. Yesterday evening while I was attempting to feed her I knew it was futile to continue. I held her all night. She will be cremated and will have a place of honor on our mantle.

I didn't post on the forum often because it seemed her medication requirements were quite different from everyone else on here. She took ketoconazole and it seemed to be working fairly well. She also took phenobarbital for her seizures. But, her little body was giving up and we knew there was nothing left for us to do. She celebrated her 10th birthday on October 19th.

Even though I didn't post often, I checked the forum reguarly. Thanks to everyone on this forum. Thanks for the information, the support and your kindness.

Jenny & Judi in MN
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
she was a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry. Judi

Squirt's Mom
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Dear Ginger,

I am so sorry to read this about sweet Willow. I know you tried so hard to make every day special for her and that she is ever so grateful to you. Thank you for letting us know.

Willow's name has been added to the In Loving Memory thread for 2012 where she will always be remembered and honored as a member of our family here. Please know we are here anytime you wish to talk and when you are ready, we would love to share in celebrating Willow's life through your shared memories and stories.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick, Tasha, and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

I ONLY WANTED YOU

They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.

--- Anonymous ---

labblab
10-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Dear Ginger,

I am so sorry for your loss, but also so grateful that you have returned to tell us what has happened. This way, we can join you in always honoring and remembering your sweet Willow here amongst her Cushing's family.

I hope that in the coming days you will find some measure of comfort in knowing that her spirit has been released, no longer burdened by any pain or illness. And please know that we will welcome you back at any time should you wish to share stories, thoughts, smiles, or tears. We will always remain your family, too!

Sending many hugs today, in loving memory of your precious girl.
Marianne

molly muffin
10-30-2012, 03:59 PM
I am very, very sorry for your loss of Willow. :(

Hugs,
Sharlene

Bo's Mom
10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Willow. She definitely was a beautiful dog who will be dearly missed. Godspeed Willow as you make your pawprints all over Heaven and become a bright star for us to all admire.

Casey's Mom
10-31-2012, 09:07 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of Willow crossing the bridge. Godspeed little one and shine down on your loved ones.

gummysmurf
10-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Willow was so lucky to be so loved and cared for. I've often thought how wonderful it must be, when it's time to go, to be surrounded by the people you love the most.

I know it must be very difficult for you right now and I really don't have the right words to express my sympathy at what you must be going through. You and Willow are in my thoughts.

Ginger
11-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone for you kind and beautiful words. They mean a lot to me.

The last few days have been difficult in many ways. I still find myself making a point of going to the restroom before I leave from work for the day. In the back of my mind I still think the first thing I have to do when I get home is take Willow outside so she can relieve herself (and not me going to the bathroom.) That's kinda funny, and I know Willow wouldn't mind if I laughed at that.

As I sit at the computer, I know when I start to get up, I'll still check the floor to make sure my chair won't roll into Willow as she sits at my feet.

There are many more reminders each day that Willow isn't here but knowing she's still in my heart will be enough for me.

Thanks again everyone.