PDA

View Full Version : For my little man Sheridan

Scotty12869
10-24-2012, 05:54 PM
The Pact of Love

When we take on the choice of raising and caring for a pet, we make a pact of love. It is not a temporary thing. We cannot have it to fill a void for a short moment in our lives. We make a commitment to love, care for and help them. Some of us get pets when they are very young and small, and others get them as rescues. It doesn’t matter the circumstances. Growing up with animals all of my life (farm boy); I always knew the joy animals can bring, but also the pain that comes along too. The term I would like to use is due date. Every living thing has a due date. I have a due date, you have a due date, and our animal friends have a due date. Some are longer than others and some way to short. The pain of losing someone who has been your companion, your friend, your confidant at times, your child, who see’s you at your worst and your best, but still they never judge you, is so deep and heart wrenching, it feels as though your heart had been ripped out and stomped on. The tears flow, the memories flow, the lost ball is found and more tears flow. The pictures take us back to that day… And still more tears flow. Time does heal all wounds, but still your memory never fades.
You get sick and we wonder what is wrong, science doesn’t know everything and you can’t speak. We need to know what is wrong, and how to help you, this is when some people give up. If they would only remember the pact they made… Some of us go to the ends of the earth find a cure, and other times we realize we have to part to save you from more pain and give you dignity. This is all a part of a pact you and I made. It will hurt so much to feel your life slip from you as you take your last breath and I whisper I love you one last time. But I know it is for the best and what you would want. For you see I am human and it is our nature to be selfish, but I cannot be this for you my friend, my baby. This is the silent pact you and I have made. I will love you always, miss you terribly, but I know that no matter where I go, you are there with me, by my side as I stayed by yours. People will ask some days how you are doing and I will have to say those words I dread to say, He is over the Rainbow Bridge waiting for me.
The pact you and I made is something I will always treasure you see, as you brought me so much joy, happiness and am so grateful to have had you a part of my life. All those you have touched as well are so grateful to have known you. I look forward to the day when my due date arrives and we can run to each other and hug and play again my friend!

Wrote by Scott Luedtke 10/24/12 in loving memory of his beautiful little boo- boo man, Sheridan.

mytil
10-24-2012, 10:13 PM
How beautiful Scott!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us.

My continued (((hugs)))
Terry

labblab
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Dear Scott,

Your tribute to Sheridan is so beautiful -- it brings tears to my eyes. As Terry said, thank you so much for sharing this with us all. I do believe there is a special bond that unites all of us who love our animal companions so dearly. And so we share the love, and we also share the tears. And above all, we share the joy that these precious creatures give us so sweetly and so willingly.

Sending you my warmest wishes, always in loving memory of your dear boy ~
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
11-12-2012, 04:18 PM
A beautiful tribute, Scott. One that touches the heart with it's truth. I am sure Sheridan is very pleased.

Thank you for sharing your moving words of love.
Hugs,
Leslie

Bo's Mom
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Scott...thanks for allowing us to read that. It was truly a moving tribute to your faithful Sheridan.