PDA

View Full Version : Wherever your soul is...

Wolfgang
10-03-2012, 01:30 AM
My Wolfgang,

When you came to us you were such a mess. 11 years old...dumped by the parasites who previously had you due to moving into a new home. They did not want your beautiful grey tipped toes on their new hardwood. At the pound not a soul had shown interest to adopt you for 6 months! How thats possible seems unfathomable. You were perfect. How lucky for us to be able to welcome you with open arms and unconditional adoration into " your home ". Initially you were so terrified of papa. Crying when hed kneel beside you. Launching yourself away from the dreaded " feet ". Over time you began to embrace love ... You even let papa hug you and smothered him with kisses. You were mama's shadow from day one. Always loyal , always my protector. You asked for so little in return. Such quiet appreciation, such gentle kindness. You had been kept outdoors as evidenced by the awful callouses on your elbows which faded away back into that lovely black fur after home became a maze of soft, warm beds for you to lounge upon. You watched your sister so intently as she chased the ball and tore apart her stuffies only to one day decide to emulate her. Your eyes instantly turned into big puppy joyful saucers as you mouthed your soft turkey. You even started to play fetch and returned the ball sooo very excited for the next toss. Oh and your love of tiny pint sized dogs. The little things terrified by your beautiful big body towering over them not quite understanding why they would not want to be friends with you. Was our pleasure to hug you every day, to cook meals for you, to give your brain smooches, to brush your beautiful coat, to stroke your soft fur, to slowly meander the trails enjoying all the scents, to make you happy & feel loved. Nothing made us happier than to see you relaxed & comfy knowing you felt safe and secure. It was truly a blessing to see you enjoy the retirement you deserved. To be treated with dignity and respect. Oh, Wolfgang I miss you so much. Two years was too short. Has been 6 months since your soul moved on. I owe you so much. Not only did you heal my broken heart from my soul-dog Bear's passing before you but you opened my heart to the joys of taking in the seniors. So much regret and pain from your end. So much darkness still inside over the end. Mama misses you and thinks of your brown eyes everyday. Mama is so sorry and loves you.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7230/7042539207_4c36b2f665_z.jpg

mytil
10-03-2012, 06:38 AM
What a beautiful tribute to your boy. Being saved by you and your family, dear Wolfgang finally felt the love and warmth every dog needs to feel. I know 2 years is not nearly enough, but to him, I am sure it was a lifetime.

((((hugs))))
Always in Loving Memory of your boy
Terry

Squirt's Mom
10-03-2012, 07:32 AM
What a wonderful tribute to Wolfgang. I know he is very pleased that he is so loved still today, that he is very proud of his Mama and Papa, and that he will never forget those two years he was blessed to share with the two of you.

But, I don't for one second believe Wolfgang blames you for anything, he does not hold you or his Papa responsible for his illness. If not for the two of you, this precious boy would have wasted away in a cold cage, unloved, unwanted, lost, afraid, and lonely each and every day. There, he would have died alone, his beautiful spirit broken. Thanks to you, he knew the joy of a soft bed, clean water, good food, toys, play, companionship, security, safety, but above all - he knew what it meant to be truly loved. You gave him the best he ever knew and I know he is eternally grateful.

Please be kind to yourselves as you continue to heal...it's what Wolfgang would want for his Mama and Papa.

Hugs,
Leslie

molly muffin
10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
How absolutely lovely and now I can't stop bawling. Your love is so beautiful. I am so happy that you found each other and had your time together and that when he finally did go on across that rainbow bridge, it was knowing he was wanted and loved. Tears are just rolling down my face now.

hugs,
Sharlene and moly muffin.

Casey's Mom
10-04-2012, 10:27 PM
What a beautiful tribute - may you be forever blessed by taking in Wolfgang and giving him a loving home.

infoviewer
10-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Such a beautiful story. Rest in peace dear Wolfgang. Two years is never enough, but the love you shared with Wofgang will go on forever. Love, JoAnne