PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for September 2012

mytil
09-01-2012, 05:48 AM
"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

BreeandDaisy
09-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I did check in but put it under Bree's heading.

tpetrone
09-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Hello There,

I am Delilah's mom. Delilah is a 6 year old australian shepard collie mix diagnosed with cushings about a month ago. her Cortisol levels were very high, and her tests all confirmed cushings. We tested her liver and kidneys before starting any medications and my vet is very through so i feel good about his diagnosis and prognosis. We have been exploring Vetoryl, she is on 120 MG daily now, which seems very high, but in relation to her cortisol levels it seems right. We have done 2 Dex Supression tests since starting, and her improvements since the medication are amazing. She is happy, alert, not lying against the tile panting all the time. She is playing again and excited, it truly wonderful. However we have noticed that her stomache seems to be upset. Her bowl movements are normal and she is taking pepcid AC 30 minutes before vetoryl every morning, but I do notice her headed towards the grass later in the evening. I was wondering if any cushings mommies knew of some ways to help settle her stomache? I read a scoop of plain yogurt would help, the pepcid is ok for most of the day but it seems at night her tummy hurts. Any words of advice?