PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca: A Loyal, Steadfast Friend

StarDeb55
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
My dearest Chewbacca, I will always be grateful to you for coming to me to help me deal with the loss of Barkley. I remember you coming in the house with the rescue lady, & the other 2 pups that I was going to “choose” who I was going to adopt. You made that choice easy, as you went through the house checking everything out, like you were saying, “This seems to be a pretty good place, & I would like to make this my forever home.” Even though your vision was poor, the new house didn’t phase you one bit, while the other 2 pups acted very needy & clingy. I guess you just had that typical “Lhasatude”.

You have been here with me for the last 6 years, the happy times & the sad times. You were here for me when Harley had to cross the bridge. I did think that you wanted to kill me the night I brought Obi home as the wild man tore through the house. I could tell you were thinking, “Have you lost your mind? This guy is on drugs or something, & he is turning our nice, quiet home into chaos central.” We both got over Obi’s initial wildman antics, & have adjusted to him.

I am so sorry that the past several months have been so hard for you. I know that you have not dealt with the loss of your remaining vision at all. I am sorry that it’s taken me so long to realize that whatever is going on, is not going to be fixed by medicine or anything else I can do. At the age of 12, I would not subject you to any major diagnostics to determine what the problem is, anyway. Any answer I would get, would be for my peace of mind, & do nothing for you.

Even though you didn’t know Mom, she, along with Barkley & Harley will be waiting for you. Please take care of each other.

Your Mom,
Debbie

lulusmom
08-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Deb, I'm holding you and Chewy in my heart and I'm with you both in spirit today. Godspeed to you, precious little Chewman, in your passage to the bridge, where you have quite the family waiting for you.

(((Huge Consoling Hugs)))
Glynda

Jenny & Judi in MN
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I am so sorry. I think he was a smart pup to choose you as his human. hugs, Judi

frijole
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Deb, Thanks for sharing dear Chew with us over the years. He's been a pleasure to know. Chew - run like heck over the bridge to green grass and say hello to all of our dear angels. They will no doubt teach you all of heaven's tricks and hopefully all of you can look down on us lowly humans and keep and eye out for us until we meet again. Run wild and free of pain. Know you were dearly loved and will be missed our little friend. We'll do our best to console your sweet mom as she grieves. RIP dear angel Chewbacca. Love, Aunt Kim

mypuppy
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Debbie,

Saddened for your deep loss. May you find peace and comfort in all your wonderful memories shared with your precious baby.

God Bless and tight hugs.

So Jeanette and Princess

StarDeb55
08-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I wanted to add one thing. Chew could not have had a better name as like his namesake, Han Solo's Chewy, my boy was alway there, & a faithful friend to the end.

Debbie

Roxee's Dad
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Debbie,

I am so very, very sorry, My heart hurts for you.

Rest in Peace Chewy, you are now our newest and brightest star in the sky.

addy
08-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Dearest Debbie,

I cant really muster up and great words through the tears. Please just know I support and care about you and am glad to know you and have known Chewy through this forum.

God speed little one. No more pain.

mytil
08-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Oh Debbie,

My heart is with you.

(((((hugs)))))
Terry

Squirt's Mom
08-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I am so sorry, Debbie. It is easy to see how much joy Chewy brought into your life, how very important he took his job of caring for his mom. Your boys will be watching over you, your mom, and over each other until your time here is done.

Our deepest condolences,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick, Tasha and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

FRIEND

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
His gentle head upon my knee
And share his silent thoughts with me.

He’ll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more his favourite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called him to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
I am thankful for the happy years
He spend down here with me
And for his love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
And join him there, this much I know
I shall not fear the transient dark
For he will greet me with a bark.

~Author Unknown

SasAndYunah
08-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh Debbie,

I am so sorry... I had a friend (and her 3 dogs) staying with me for a few days and I hadn't been checking the site, so today is the first time I see this so sad news. You truly are a courageous woman, letting Chewy go for the reasons you did. It shows the depth of your love for him as he showed the depth of his love for you throughout the years he has been with you. My heart aches with yours for the loss of this wonderful boy...

Many hugs and strength,

Saskia and Mhina.

Bailey's Mom
08-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Dear Debbie,
I am so very sorry for your loss but I am very grateful Chewy is whole and pain free again. He could not have had a better mother.
I think he snarled and bared his teeth at other potential owners because he knew you were coming.
You will be together again.
Love,
Susan

Sabre's Mum
08-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Oh dear Debbie,

My thoughts are with you. Hugs from me to you.

Angela

StarDeb55
08-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Obi appears to be fine. He & Chew had never really bonded, so I don't think Chew's absence has had much of an affect on Obi. I have noticed, though, that Obi has been keeping pretty close track of where I am, both when I got back yesterday, & after I got home from work today. I suppose he must be thinking that the other boy who lived here disappeared, & I don't want you to disappear, too.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Debbie

SachiMom
08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Debbie,
Just because it is right, does not make it easy. The hardest and most courageous decisions always seem to hurt the worst. All your pups were given the best care possible, for as long as possible. You gave them your love, then when it was time, you gave them the final act of love, the freedom of the rainbow bridge. My heart goes out to you.
And my admiration and appreciation for giving so much of yourself in helping so many pups on this forum.
God speed Chewy. Run with the wind.
Luv & Hugs Debb
~Mary Ann

BestBuddy
08-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Deb,

I was so sorry to read that Chewy had passed. Time will heal the raw pain and I hope the good memories will see you through.

Jenny

Altira
08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Like your Chewbacca... Threw six huskies over the last 34 years... there was always one that was asigned to watch over me. There was always one whos duty it was to make sure I didn't get away. Or if I did they were to notify the other that i did. It is also their duty to be at the door when I returned. Mommies fan club... we can't live without them!

I find nothing hurts worse then loosing one of these members. An elite club of four legged angels watching over us as we watch over them. And those who just seem like they belong the minute we see them are so specal. When I saw Kira she was sitting right at the breeders feet and I thought how wonderful if she were to do that with me too. When I picked her up she wrapped her front legs around my arm so tight and did not let go. Needless to say i didn't let go of her either ever since. And yes she spends a lot of her time right at my feet. She likes being a foot rest! I feel her twiching in her sleep. 12 1/2 now I don't know how much more time we have.

But how can we live without them? I surely can't. I'm so sorry for your pain but I know the joy that came before this too, for if which there wasn't you wouldn't be feeling as you are now. Thank you Chewbacca for bringing Debbie this happiness we cherish. Run free and see the world clearly now and see the face of the one who loved you the most.

((((Hugs)))))

molly muffin
08-05-2012, 09:49 PM
:( I'm sorry Debbie. Faithful friends whether human or furry are so hard to lose. What a blessing to have had them in our lives. :)

Hugs,
Sharlene and molly muffing

StarDeb55
08-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Chewy came home today. He is sharing space with Harley, just like he did the first 4 years he was with me.

Debbie

Roxee's Dad
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Sending big (((HUGS)))

lulusmom
08-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Hugs from me too, Deb.

Altira
08-10-2012, 02:52 AM
8:::: woof!

StarDeb55
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I guess the thing that is really bothering me right now is I fully well expect to see Chew pacing back & forth through the house.:(:mad: I DO NOT want to remember him in this manner, the way he was these past 6 months or so, but I just can't shake that image.:mad::(

Debbie

molly muffin
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Pictures Take a look at the pictures of Chew when he wasn't sick and then remember something good and happy having to do with that photo. I did that with my golden after she passed. She was so vibrant and playful, happy and loved everyone. That was all before the last year when it got bad for her. It doesn't make the pain and missing go away, in fact, it almost makes it worse because you Do remember the happy healthy companion they were, but then just a glimmer of what came to be and you know that now they are in a place that is pain free, playing again and watching over us in their own way.
Well, gosh, now I'm crying. You know what that is okay too. They deserve to be grieved for however long it is necessary to do so.

HUGS Debbie We're all here right by your side and understand

Altira
08-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Anger is part of grieving. Possibly this is it. It hurts and makes you angry. It's good that your anger is pointed at something like this and not someone. It will pass. Grieving sucks no two ways about it. I'm glad you are talking about it. Hugs

Casey's Mom
08-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Deb I am just on now and sorry I am so late in offering my condolences on the loss of Chewy. His stories always made me smile:) I hope that in time you forget how he was at the end and remember the happier times.

Love and hugs,

addy
08-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Maybe it is part of the process, Deb, before the good memories can come.

Sending love and hugs and hope the good memories break through soon.

Bailey's Mom
10-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Debbie -Palmer's last week was a horrendous one. Dropped 6 pounds, which was 25% , of his weight. That is not how I want to remember Palmer either. I did get a nice picture of his on his last day but I don't look at it very long. I can see the love and the pain in his eyes.

Now I have a collage that Ryan made for me in the later years. I am in the process of organizing my photos among other things. Our first doggie was Peaches, a peke-poo; Palmer was a Pomme-poo and now Bailey is a schnoodle. I have come to realize that while my feelings for each one is different and distinct they really look amazing like one another. In my mind each one brings smiles and chuckles. Each one is separate. While I can remember similarities, they each had their own personalities, they each had their pluses and minuses. You will not get stuck in a groove of the bad times.

I think a memory is a little visit from your friend letting you know he knows you are thinking if him and missing him. That is how it is supposed too be. You are doing just great!:)
Love,
Susan

StarDeb55
08-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Dearest Chewy, it's been a year since you had to leave to join Barkley, Harley, & Mom. I miss you & think about you every day. Obi & I added a new friend to our house a couple of months ago, Pippin. Pip has done wonders for Obi. They are good friends & play together constantly. Chasing each other, stealing toys from each other, & just general fooling around. I know that you are whole, again, & playing with B & Harley. Please forgive me that I allowed your last few months to become so bad for you before I woke up to the fact that there was nothing that any vet or I could really do to help you.

I know all 4 of you are watching over us.

Your Mom,
Debbie

Roxee's Dad
08-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Aww Deb, I loved Chewy...

(((HUGS)))

labblab
08-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Dear Debbie,

Thinking of you and Chewy this evening, and sending you warm thoughts and big hugs. I am hoping all our babies are together now, swapping stories about us just as we are sharing all our memories of them. :o

Someday we shall all be reunited, and what a day that will be. What an amazing day that will be!

Marianne

frijole
08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Seems like just yesterday. RIP dear one. Thanks for sharing Chewie with us Deb. Kim

mytil
08-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Big ((((hugs)))) Debbie!!!
Terry

molly muffin
08-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Hugs Debbie

Sharlene and Molly Muffin

apollo6
08-05-2013, 10:14 PM
A warm embrace. May Chewbacca and my Apollo look down on us and be healthy and happy in Heaven.
Hugs Sonja, Angel Apollo