PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Sweet Chloe

Hstaff
05-30-2012, 11:27 PM
My sweet Chloe ran over the bridge on 5/26/12. After months of tests and the treatment started, other unknown genetic/neurological things started to overtake Chloe. Thought she was doing better but on Friday night she suffered what we think a stroke and had become a dog I did not know anymore. We rushed her to the vet and they cared for her after hours. We took her home that night and she seemed to have gotten a little better. But, body still weak, lethargic and tired. The next morning Chloe would not come out of her kennel. She had urinated all over herself. We had to pull her out and she wouldn't and couldn't get up. I washed her body off so she didn’t have to smell. Half of her body seemed paralyzed. All of her strength had left her. We rushed her to the vet when they opened and we examined her, took her blood pressure, etc. Nothing was making sense. I knew this was the day I had been dreading. Obviously there is a lot more details but in the end the conclusion was I had done everything I could within my power and had spent thousands of dollars on trying to help her get better. Chloe was running into the walls and acting as if she wasn't even there anymore. It was breaking my heart to see her like that. After 3 hours of talking to the vet and spending many hours with you I just knew you were simply holding on for me. Chloe, you were so good at the vet, lying there, letting them do whatever they wanted, still eating snacks, staring at me, my boyfriend and Mother in the eyes. We held you, kissed you, cried for you, and you even gave my boyfriend an ‘I Love you, and I know you love me” lick. You had only known him for two years, but he treated you like you were his own. You loved him so much. With your paws hanging over the edge, your big block head and bug eyes gazing at me, I knew you were telling me to let you go. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make knowing you were my first dog. I didn’t expect to lose you so soon.

This was a sad sad day and I am still mourning her being gone. Everything I have done, all my routines are now different. No more carrying two leashes, no more rushing to feed two dogs, no more AM snuggles with you in my arms and no more looking at your sweet face every day I did my makeup. Dexter (my other boston) misses his sister tremendously. I’m sure he doesn’t mind all of the attention he’s getting now because you were the dominant one! He will miss sitting his back side on your face, pouncing on you when you came through the door from going potty, stealing your ball (even though he is not a dog to play with balls he just wanted to annoy you), and enjoying your sweet kisses on his ears.

There are so many things to remember about you. Even though the Cushing’s changed your personality a bit because of the side affects, I still saw so many glimpses of my sweet Chloe. You were so loving, loyal and quirky. I remember that everytime I came home you would run to grab that big red kong and shake your whole body everywhere. You wouldn’t even drop it! I remember when we would say “go get the squirrels!!!” you would run to the window and wimper because you wanted to literally go find them. I remember when I would throw the ball you would leap in the air and it was just so funny and cute. I remember how I dubbed you “squish” and “squish face” because ever since you were a puppy at 8 weeks you had this extra skin below your chin. You were so strong too! You were like a big dog/pit bull in a little dogs body. You held onto that kong and exhausted us out! We called you “beanie or bean” because when you had your toy in your mouth your whole body would curl up like a lima bean and you would prance on your toes and we would go “mi mi mi mi” and it just made you bean up more. I remember how every day you would come give the couch one lick as well as my boyfriends leg.

You were the greatest gift I ever gave myself. You helped me through so many hard times. You helped me through my father’s death, the many many boys I dated but I know you loved this final one , my ACL surgery this year.. so much. Man, you were so loving and good to me. Your last days will haunt me forever, the vivid picture of your passing stuck deep within my head. I hope to find peace soon knowing I did absolutely everything I could for you and more than many people would do or are capable of doing. I’m lucky to have so much support and that I can still love on your brother Dexter. He is mourning too and we are all comforting each other now. I will remember you and cherish you for the rest of my life. No other pet will ever replace you. You have such a special place in my heart. Right now that place is hurting, bad but I know one day it will fill back up with joy and I can remember you in happiness instead of in sadness. I love you so much. Hugs and wet kisses from all of us to you. Please look down on me. I can’t wait to see you again my sweet Chloe.

Your devoted owner and loving Mother,

Heather

Bo's Mom
05-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Rest In Peace, Sweet Chloe.

marie adams
05-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Dear Heather,

What a wonderful rememberance for Chloe.

I have tears in my eyes because it brings back my memories of how I felt when it was Maddie's time to go. You wonder how you will get through it--the days, the weeks, the months, and now each year, but you do and it does get better. You don't have the tormenting what if's or the picture of your last moments together as much. It does take time.:(

I have a new little one who fills my days up with happiness, stress, and just amazement of how she can do the things she does. Someone told me that Maddie will never be replaced in my heart, but that I just grow another heart for Ella. The heart isn't as big for Ella yet as it was for Maddie, but it is getting there. You too will grow another heart when the time comes. You have Dexter to hold and remember Chloe with...:)

(((HUGS)))

mytil
06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
What a very lovely tribute to your girl Heather, thank you for sharing this with us. The bonds are tremendous and always will be. Your girl is absolutely pain free now.

My continued (((hugs)))
Terry

labblab
06-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Dear Heather,

What a sweet and loving tribute to your precious Chloe. Thank you so much for sharing Chloe's life and journey with us. What you wrote was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

Please know that we will always be here for you. If you are having an especially hard day, or if you have a tender memory to tell us about -- we here for both the good parts and the painful parts. We are always here to help you honor your baby girl, and to support you during these difficult days.

Sending many hugs, always in loving memory of sweet Chloe,
Marianne

Hstaff
06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I picked up Chloe's ashes the other day. Gave her little flowered box a kiss and set it next to the picture of my Dad. I put her collar and a special rock that says "in loving memory of" that my friend gave to me by it. I have my good days and bad days. I still miss her so much. Now I have my other Boston Dexter to love on but it just isn't the same. They were a pair. I can't help but keep staring at Chloe's picture and I just keep touching her chest on the picture wishing and hoping she was still here. I know she is in a better place but wow, I miss her sweet face so much. She was my first dog ever that I picked out and bought. Loving you today and everyday Chloe!

labblab
06-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Oh Heather, I'm so glad that Chloe's ashes are now safely home and I send you many hugs of comfort. Those people who have never loved and lost a cherished pet may never understand how much it hurts. But those of us who have -- we never, ever forget how deeply the pain cuts and how huge the hole is in our hearts and our lives.

It took me a long, long time before the good moments outweighed the bad. For each of us, the journey takes its own time and path. But each step of the way is filled with enduring love and honor. That part never changes, no matter how many days pass by nor how many other changes take place in our lives.

Sending continuing hugs to you and Dexter, and also in loving memory of your sweet Chloe.
Marianne