PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to edit the title of the original post?

winterhorses
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Is it possible to change/update the title of the thread, or it that something only administrators can do?
Thanks!

lulusmom
04-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I can make the change for you. You can either PM the change to me or you can just post it here.

labblab
04-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I just wanted to add that any Moderator or Administrator can change a thread title for any member who requests that this be done. Our forum software does not permit members to change thread titles themselves. But if anybody else wants some editing to be done, you can make that request in a public reply that you post yourself on your own original thread (as soon as a staffer reads your request, it will be acted upon), or you can send a Private Message to one of us staffers, just as Glynda has suggested.

Marianne

doxiesrock912
04-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Hello,
would you please change Daisy's thread title to "Daisy - we have her test results. Please read and advise!"

Thank you :)

Squirt's Mom
04-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Valerie,

Typically the title is something that will remain for the duration - something that you will always be able to find no matter how long you may have been away and and that members use to find Daisy as well. Titles are changed at those times when something has changed with the pup - like diabetes or another new condition being added to the mix, or a change in medication from Trilo to Lyso...but the title change reflects a long-term to permanent change and is not changed frequently. Members grow accustomed to knowing a pup by the title of their thread, so using the name of the pup is helpful, which med they are on, some even use the conditions their baby has - but the title is an identifier of yours and Daisy's space that everyone recognizes over time. Changing the title of your thread is a bit like changing your legal name - you and everyone else has to learn who you are again. ;)