PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to my dear sweet Annie

frijole
03-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Annie baby,

A month ago I set you free so that you could run without pain. You fought so hard for two years. You taught me so much along the way - I was honored to be your mom.

Yesterday I brought you home and one day your ashes, along with Haley's will join mine as we make the next journey.

In the meantime I hope you are romping, chasing rabbits and having a grand time with Haley and other friends. If you can see me you know that I miss you horribly and honor you with tears on a regular basis.

Memories of healthier times sustain me and one day, when I have healed a bit more I will share them to honor all that made you the terrific companion you were.

For now, just know you are loved, missed and I am grateful for every single minute I had with you. Take care my little angel.

Love you always,
Mom

Sabre's Mum
03-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Kim

What a beautiful tribute to your dear Annie. Hugs from me to you.

Angela and Flynn

Harley PoMMom
03-24-2012, 02:22 PM
So beautiful, Kim. Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers. Always in loving memory of sweet Annie.

With much love and hugs,
Lori

mytil
03-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Thank you Kim for sharing this with us, very lovely and heartwarming message to your girl. She is home with you now and I know she is watching over you.

((((hugs))))
Terry

littleone1
03-24-2012, 03:07 PM
(((((HUGS))))) my dear friend.

Cyn719
03-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Beautiful tribute Kim.......your Angel Annie is home forever.....

You are in my thoughts and prayers always

You will always be remembered Angel Annie

Hug xoxo

Roxee's Dad
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
(((hugs)))

frijole
12-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Dear sweet Annie,

It's my first Christmas without your smiling, loving face and I just wanted to reach out and tell you how much I love and miss you. My heart aches but I know you are free of pain and running after all the UPS drivers up near the bridge. ;) All bark and no bite but don't scare them too much ok?

I don't know what Christmas is like up in heaven but I imagine you, Haley and all our furry friends running, barking, playing and having a huge feast in celebration. Run my littlest angel, run. I love you so very much. Mom

mytil
12-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Dearest Kim,

My heart is with you girl. I know your little Annie and Haley have made fast friends but are still keeping an eye out on you.

((((hugs))))
Always remembering your sweetie pies.
Terry

Harley PoMMom
12-23-2012, 07:59 PM
((((Hugs and Love))))

Always in loving memory of sweet Annie.

molly muffin
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Play hard Annie

love,
Sharlene and Molly Muffin

apollo6
12-24-2012, 02:02 AM
May you be happy now.
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

cheydogger
12-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Sweet Annie. I feel like I knew her since she is spoken of so often:). Time heals, but memories live on in our hearts.

Happy Holidays, Kim.

Hugs,

Ro and Chey

molly muffin
12-24-2012, 09:44 PM
I can't think of a better place to wish you a very merry christmas.
Thanks for everything that you do to help others here on the forum!

HUGS,

Trish
12-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Merry Christmas Kim, thank you so much for all the help, advice and moral support, with all your knowledge you are such an asset to this group. Hope you have a lovely day :)
Trish and Flynn xx

Tina
12-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Dear Kim, I also want to thank you for all the kindness and support you have shown Jasper and I, not to mention all the help and direction you have provided. And I don't want to forget the hand holding either! :D

I have been meaning to read both Annie's and Haley's threads and plan to take some time to do that over the next few days. Hugs to you on this first Christmas without your baby, I know it is tough. I hope you are having a peaceful holiday. Merry Christmas my Nebraska friend.

Love and hugs,

Tina, Jasper and Shelby

Squirt's Mom
12-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Many hugs and much love, dear lady.

addy
12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Hugs and shared smiles and tears, Kim.

frijole
02-25-2013, 08:04 PM
Dear Annie,

Wow, a year has passed since you passed. I never wrote a tribute to your life as the pain was just too much & I was just plain tired from the hard fight we had. Let me tell you this my feisty one – it was worth every bit of stress, pain and all the tears shed.

I’m not sure I can do your life justice as you were one special girl. You came into my life at the age of one. My mom discovered you were in need of a loving home. It wasn’t your fault - your first mom was terminally ill and her son was supposed to take care of you but instead he ignored you and treated you badly.

That first night you ran into the house, hopped over the back of a high-back chair, ran over to the sofa and did laps on top of it! I thought I had adopted a deer. You had never seen a treat or a bone and when I went to feed you – you were so skinny – you ate like you were starved. I spoke to you but you did not even look up. You didn’t know words because you were never spoken to. You lived in a kennel. You weren’t let out so you went potty in it as well. I vowed to make your life special. No more beatings, starvation or kennels for my Annie.

I know you wanted to be the alpha dog but Haley was 3 and used to ruling the roost. And so you tried to be Beta dog but on so many occasions your Alpha shined through. You ruled the roost in your own way. I know you raced Haley to the door every time we walked – pushing her out of the way so you could be the first inside. You were Mrs. Krabitz of the block, always looking out the windows to see what was going on in the neighborhood. God forbid a UPS truck pull up. You barked like you hated anyone in brown with the core of your being. You recognized their truck from blocks away. You even had a unique bark for them. What happened between you and UPS as a puppy?

You were so feisty and fun – always the life of the party. What I remember most is your huge smile and happy eyes. When you were really happy your big ole tongue would hang out and tail would move a mile a minute.

You ornery thing you - remember how you used to lead the way and show Haley how to break out of the back yard just so you could hang out with the construction crew down the street and beg for people food? You got away with that for years because no one told us. And remember how you used to chase Haley making her fall into the swimming pool? That is why we had to have doggy swimming lessons. We placed a ceramic angel by the stairs so you and Haley knew to swim to the angel so you could get out without breaking your legs!

Oh and the look on your face when we said we were going to walk to the marina. Friday nights with Greg, Wes and the gang at the marina were good times. Treats, fresh air, and palm fronds to urinate on. Oh life was grand. I miss those days Annie baby.

You were easily excitable yet laid back. How is that possible? I think it was your zest for life after a year of abuse. You took joy in the little thing like chasing squirrels and rabbits – gathering every single toy out of your toy box and putting them into the middle of the room before taking a nap smack dab in the middle of them.

You never met a throw rug you didn’t muss up. You always had to be on top – if there was a pile of anything you had to lay on top of it. If there was a chair with a back on it you had to sit on the top of it and not the seat.

Annie when I first got you I thought that I had rescued you. I was dead wrong. No baby girl - without a doubt you rescued me by giving me a life filled with love. Not a day went by that you didn’t go “ape” when I came home – it was as if you hadn’t seen me in a year. I know you worried I’d leave you like your first mom but you know I would never do that.

When Haley got Cushing’s you sat patiently as I nursed her as if somehow you knew. I felt so badly that you got sick when Haley passed because that was supposed to be your special time. Instead you lost weight and struggled to eat as you fought the pheo tumor. All those days with our loving Doctor Ann who treated you with acupuncture. The refrigerator lined with foods you could not eat for weeks on end when I knew you were hungry. Yet you fought on my hero. Oh and what a warrior you were. You never cried or whined. You lived each and every day to the fullest. You taught me so much in this regard. You lived for my love just as I did yours.

Our last two years together were tough but I take solace in the fact that you chose to fight so hard so that the two of us could spend more time together. I cherish every single minute of it my angel. I know without a doubt that you know you were not only loved but adored.

It’s lonely down here without you. Please know that I think of you every day and still sleep with your little pillow pet. I hope you hear me tell you I love you each night as I go to bed. I hope that everything they say about heaven and the bridge are true and that you are up there with our Haley having a blast, pigging out on food and romping around like a puppy.

In closing I just want to thank you for being such a great companion and friend. I love you dear sweet Annie.

Hugs and kisses,
Mom

Roxee's Dad
02-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks you for sharing such a wonderful story Kim, She was a very happy and wonderful friend.

(((HUGS)))

mytil
02-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Your Annie is one special girl. Thank you so much for sharing Kim!
((((hugs))))
T.

Harley PoMMom
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
Annie sure was a very special girl who had a very special mom to love and adore her. Thanks so much for sharing Annie's story with us...Love and huge hugs, Lori

lulusmom
02-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Kim, I will never, ever forget your precious Annie. I think of her often and the many conversations we had when you were trying so hard to figure out what was happening to her. Annie wasn't the only one who fought the good fight. Her mom was steadfast in her resolve to give her baby every chance she could. She was a lucky little girl, destined to be cherished and adored from the day she stepped through your door. You never gave up on her nor her on you but there always comes a day when our best efforts are no longer enough. It is then that the love we share shines brightest in the final hours and then guides us through the darkest days until we meet again.

SachiMom
02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Kim,

Thank you. I know it is so hard to write about memories or a tribute, it brings the pain right to the surface again. Sharing a little more of Annie with us so we can smile at her antics is a very wonderful thing for you to do. I hope that you too, were able to smile and the tightness in your heart was able to ease a little bit. It hardly seems a year has gone by. She is a special girl that we all held close.

I really have to believe that the Rainbow Bridge is as good, if not better, than we all imagine. There has to be a place for all the special animals to rest up and enjoy life before they are reunited with those that loved them so much. And I think that those special animals that weren't so loved here, will be hooked up with someone who really wanted to have a pet here but weren't able to, so they are both happy now. And those that didn't love these special pets, well they won't be in a place where they have to worry about pets! It'll be too hot!

Again Kim, thank you for sharing your special girl with us.
Luv & Hugs ~ Mary Ann

molly muffin
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Kim, your words bring Annie to life again. Your love lets her live on forever in your heart. I am sorry that I never got the chance to know her, but today I feel like her true self is once again amongst us. Hello Annie it's nice to meet you. I can't even begin to imagine everything the two of you went through together with the pheo, but I know that you both fought long and hard to make each day count.

Hugs Kim, thanks for sharing Annie with us.

Squirt's Mom
02-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Dear Kim,

Thank you for sharing your precious Annie with us all these years. I never knew her story and now that I do, I clearly see that the two of you were meant to be, that your door is the one that was meant to open for Annie. By her actions that first day, she knew that as well - she came in and took her place which she had been waiting for that long, sad year, the place she knew belonged only to her.

These little Souls are such amazing teachers if we can listen and you listen very well. Neither one of you ever gave up for one second, fighting valiantly side by side. I can almost hear you tenderly whispering to each other, "We can do this."

I firmly believe our babies wait for us in a truly wonderful place. A place that holds nothing but joy and peace. I believe we will be reunited and when we are, we will never be apart again. I believe Annie is running like mad, tongue lolling, ears flapping, feet flying through the grasses as she plays with Haley and all the others she has found and met. I believe when you curl up with her pillow at night and tell her you love her, she hears you and answers, "I love you, too, Mom."

Many blessing to you, dear lady,
Leslie

apollo6
02-27-2013, 07:37 PM
Dear KIm
Thank you for sharing your Annie with us. It is an honor
Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

frijole
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. It was hard to write but it was therapeutic. The memories keep me going - as they do us all. I went through the photos and posted some more of a younger Annie so you could see what she looked like before she became ill and you can better see her personality.

There is one photo I cannot find and it's killing me.. I had a window ledge in the front window and it was about 6 inches deep. Well Annie was a total snoop and she lived on that dang ledge. She even took naps on the small space and I got a shot of her head and legs sprawled out dangling over the edge sound asleep. Priceless shot and I cannot find the dang thing. It's here somewhere. LOL

molly muffin
02-27-2013, 08:25 PM
I just had a great time going through your pictures. I love them all. :) What sweethearts!

frijole
04-11-2019, 04:19 PM
My first visit back in many years - had to find this tribute and tell Annie "Hi sweetie, I love you". Thanks for keeping this part of the forum active. Kim

frijole
10-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Once last visit to pay tribute to my little fighter Annie. You challenged all of us as we fought to find out what was wrong. I know you are running free from pain now and will see you at the bridge one day. Kim

Harley PoMMom
10-22-2019, 12:46 PM
Tons of loving hugs.

lulusmom
10-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Annie certainly was a challenge for all of us and she was so blessed to have had you for a mom. You left no stone unturned until the right diagnosis was confirmed. Annie taught us a lot and she was quite the fighter. She will forever be in our hearts and she will never be forgotten. Neither will you, Kim, and it's nice to see you on facebook from time to time. Love you tons!