PDA

View Full Version : My Casey Girl

Casey's Mom
03-14-2012, 10:36 AM
I miss her so much today - it would have been her sixteenth birthday. My heart aches so much for her that it is like a true physical pain in my chest. I hope she is enjoying her day pain free and chasing rabbits.

Harley PoMMom
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
I am sure Casey is looking down on you with deep love and adoration and I also believe she is having fun on her birthday with all of our cush-angels.

We sure do understand you missing her.

Happy 16th Birthday, sweet Casey, you will always be remembered.

Sending huge and loving hugs, Lori

Cyn719
03-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Happy 16th Birthday Angel Casey.....you will always be in our thoughts and hearts xoxo

Ellen

Thinking of you today and sending you strength, love and prayers.

Hugs xoxoxo

frijole
03-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Ah... sweet sixteen... I'm going to send out a message to my new angel Annie and have her hook up with Casey to celebrate. Annie was always the life of the party and she'll make sure Casey has a good time. Annie will turn sixteen on the 4th of July so Casey can reciprocate then. ;):D

Casey Girl - know that we all miss you but none more than dear Mom who loves you more than words can say. Run free angel, run free.

Casey's Mom
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Kim I know you are missing Annie so much, thank you. Lori I know you still feel the pain of losing your sweet Harley
and Cindy you are going through so much with Penny that I thank you all for comforting me and in return I hope you know my thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

mytil
03-15-2012, 07:24 AM
I know how you feel, the pain is still incredibly raw and will be as these "firsts" come by without her. I know she is surrounded by lots who helped her celebrate; Kim's Annie, my own Clancy and Mytilda, but many more. But she is keeping an eye on you and will be.

my continued (((hugs)))
Terry

Dollydog
03-15-2012, 07:56 AM
(((HUGS))) for you today....
Jo-Ann

frijole
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
She gave us all wonderful memories and laughs... remember when you built that ramp and when she was kenneled as a result of her injury? The things you did to keep her comfy and happy ... everyone rooted her on.. and you too my friend. Know she remains in all of our hearts. Thank you for sharing her with us. Kim

Casey's Mom
03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
I now have her ashes and my groomer gave me a wonderful wooden box which contains her ashes, collar and her feathers that I cut out of her hair after she passed away. My groomer had put feather extensions behind one ear back in September and they stayed all that time:) I want to do a DNA test and see exactly what her mix was one day.

Thank you everyone for being there for me.

addy
03-21-2012, 09:32 AM
She is home again, our sweet Casey. Ellen, the pain in your chest I am sure is real, our hearts can ache so.

Hoping for easier memories for you as time goes by. So hard.

love,
addy

Cyn719
03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Ellen

Glad you have Casey with you

I am sending you lots of love prayers and strenght to help you get through each day - you will never ever forget but I hope the beautiful memories will help to remind you what a wonderful life you gave Casey

love and hugs xoxoxo

Dollydog
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Ellen, glad to hear she's back home with all of you....look forward to the DNA results.
(((HUGS)))
Jo-Ann

Casey's Mom
04-21-2012, 09:47 AM
I am so very sad today - I hadn't cleaned her dog beds because I wanted her smell around for Desi, that is until a dog I was babysitting peed on one of her beds.:( Today is cleaning day and every time I clean and vacuum another part of her is gone :(:(

I miss her so much - I know all of you are there holding me now. Thank you,

labblab
04-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh Ellen, I so understand. :(

Back when I lost my Barkis, he was shedding terribly during those last days. His fur was all over the house. But I couldn't bear to vacuum for days and days. It made me cry to think his fur would be gone. I actually gathered up a handful and made a little ball that I placed in a special little ceramic dish that has a yellow Lab painted on it and I put it up on a shelf in my bookcase. And now, at times when I am missing him, I go and hold that little ball of fur and imagine I am petting him once again.

Ellen, you are so right. We are all here to help hold you. It is so hard when we see and feel the physical reminders slipping away. It is an inevitable part of the journey, but it makes the memories ever so much more bittersweet.

Sending many hugs,
Marianne

frijole
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah Ellen I so understand. I haven't and cannot clean the marks off of my patio door... they were just always there and I just can't clean it off yet. I also can't take her bed and little tent downstairs. Sending lots of love and hugs. One day at a time friend. Kim

addy
04-21-2012, 12:52 PM
A friend of mine kept a bit of fur in his pocket for awhile after his kitty died. He said that way he could feel like he could still touch her.
It helped him feel better.

Ellen, we are here holding your hand. I want to say it will get easier but I know how hard it can be. So, instead I will just say I love you and I understand.

love and hugs,
addy

Cyn719
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Ellen

Here holding you and giving you strength to get through each and every day -- When my two goldens died - mom and son - I couldnt let go - I held on to their special toys to feel close to them----just remember the beautiful memories never go away-

Hugs love and prayers xoxoxo

Dollydog
04-21-2012, 10:59 PM
(((HUGS))) for you today....it's been 2 1/2 years since Lady died....she sneezed a lot during the last weeks of her life....and I'm sure there are some spots that haven't been cleaned up yet. I have some hair in a special envelope that I used to touch a lot at first. For a very very long time I couldn't move some of her things out of the spots that I had kept them in when she was alive....baby steps help with the whole process......
Take care,
Jo-Ann

Roxee's Dad
04-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Dear Ellen,
Sending you more (((HUGS))) I keep a little lock of my Roxee's hair in a locket around my neck.

Harley PoMMom
04-22-2012, 12:20 AM
I, too, completely understand and am sending you huge loving hugs.

mytil
04-22-2012, 06:18 AM
I am with you too Ellen. It is very hard. I have tucked away in a lot of places, little bags of fur from my Clancy and Mytilda. Sending you (((((hugs)))))
Terry

SasAndYunah
04-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Dear Ellen, we all so understand... I still have one of Yunah's toys, her favorite, and never washed or cleaned it...and take it to bed with me every night :) We all do what we have to do to make it through...somehow.

Wishing you all the strength you need and sending you all our best,

Sas and Mhina.

marie adams
04-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Dearest Ellen,

"We hold them in our arms as long as we can, then we hold them in our hearts forever."

I saw this above and felt it was something I wanted to say....I kept all of Maddie's toys--I washed them, but knew I wanted to share them with a new fur baby when they came to stay. Well, we got Ella and she chewed a few of them up, but we had to take away one of Maddie's first stuffed toys so it wasn't destroyed because it brings back memories of her carrying it around like it was her baby. I have tears now as I picture her....I so know what you are going through and my heart aches with you. We miss them so much!!!!:o

((((HUGS ANY TIME YOU NEED THEM!!!!))))

Casey's Mom
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your kindness and understanding - it means the world to me. There are so many of you who have gone through what I went through and understand totally the grieving process.

It amazes me every time I run into someone who knows me and they say that they heard about my dog and are sorry. I wonder how they know and then I realize how many people I know and how they all care ..... and have been through the same thing themselves. Casey was my first dog and I realize that i will go through this with Desi and Oreo and I can't imagine it.

jrepac
04-23-2012, 07:13 PM
I saw this above and felt it was something I wanted to say....I kept all of Maddie's toys--I washed them, but knew I wanted to share them with a new fur baby when they came to stay. Well, we got Ella and she chewed a few of them up, but we had to take away one of Maddie's first stuffed toys so it wasn't destroyed because it brings back memories of her carrying it around like it was her baby.

Yeah, I kept a few of my Mandy's old stuffed toys and washed them up. Her Aussie successor, Pepper has enjoyed them. It's one of the nicer reminders I have. I still have one of Mandy's old sweaters that I am waiting for Pep to grow into....I keep it tucked away for the moment. One day..