PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Precious Sugar

Sugar
03-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Sugar came to me from a foster home called Precious Poms and Pekes in New Hampshire. I am so grateful to them for rescuing her and for allowing her to come to live with me. She gave me so much joy in watching her play and she lived life 100 % until Cushings started to take it's toll on her. It was so sad to watch her health decline and not be able to do anything to stop it or slow it down. I know that she must have been badly treated before she reached the shelter and it just seems so unfair for her to have had to suffer through Cushing's Disease on top of everything else this poor little innocent creature had to endure. The house is so empty without her presence and I miss her so much and I will never forget the life we had together. Thank you God for Sugar, she was my world.

labblab
03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Even with all her problems, it is so clear from the sweet pictures in your blog that Sugar always knew she was loved and treasured and safe from the moment she arrived at her forever home with her forever mom. I can well understand how empty your house feels without your girl there beside you. When our pups have developed health issues that require so much of our time and attention, there is nothing about our daily routine that seems normal after they have passed, and time hangs so heavy on our hands. But with your blog, you have devoted your time to such a special tribute to your little girl! Here is a link for everyone to see:

http://sugar-cushingsdiseaseindogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/sugar-20-janurary-2002-23-february-2012.html

Once again, I am so glad you found us and are allowing us to join in celebrating your sweet baby's life and spirit. What a brave little girl!

In loving memory,
Marianne

labblab
03-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Also, I want to tell you about our special candle-lighting site:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517

I just lit a candle there in honor of Sugar, and you can do the same thing at any hour of the day or night. It is another special way in which we honor our babies and support one another.

Marianne

Squirt's Mom
03-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Sugar was one lucky lady to have been found by you and given such a loving home. Of all the things you did for your sweet Sugar, this was the most wonderful, most blessed, of all. Without you as her mom, I have the feeling she wouldn't have lived as long as she did, certainly not as well as she did, and I doubt she could have been loved more. On top of all this, when she was sick you did everything you could to help her.

I know Sugar is ever so grateful for all you gave to her and for all you did for her. Today, she is running free in the Rainbow Fields, no more pain, her lungs filling with sweet air. She was met by many of our babies there who will watch over her until you can once again hold her in your arms...and I do believe that day will come for all of us. The separations and grief we who are left behind must bear are only temporary.

Please know we are here anytime you wish to talk.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

Cyn719
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I just read your blog on Sugar. Sugar was so lucky to have you for her mom and in return she loved you dearly. Losing our little ones is the hardest thing....but hold on to the beautiful memories....they will always be with you..... forever.

Love and hugs xoxo

Xoxo to you sweet Angel Sugar

Sugar
03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Even with all her problems, it is so clear from the sweet pictures in your blog that Sugar always knew she was loved and treasured and safe from the moment she arrived at her forever home with her forever mom. I can well understand how empty your house feels without your girl there beside you. When our pups have developed health issues that require so much of our time and attention, there is nothing about our daily routine that seems normal after they have passed, and time hangs so heavy on our hands. But with your blog, you have devoted your time to such a special tribute to your little girl! Here is a link for everyone to see:

http://sugar-cushingsdiseaseindogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/sugar-20-janurary-2002-23-february-2012.html

Once again, I am so glad you found us and are allowing us to join in celebrating your sweet baby's life and spirit. What a brave little girl!

In loving memory,
Marianne

Thank you for the lovely words about Sugar. She was a very special little girl who inspite of all her problems never complained and never gave up trying to live for me. I know that she hung in there as long as she could but it wasn't long enough for me I still needed more time with her. I wasn't ready to let her go. Jean

Sugar
03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I just read your blog on Sugar. Sugar was so lucky to have you for her mom and in return she loved you dearly. Losing our little ones is the hardest thing....but hold on to the beautiful memories....they will always be with you..... forever.

Love and hugs xoxo

Xoxo to you sweet Angel Sugar

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Sugar was my best friend and I miss her so much.

Sugar
03-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Sugar was one lucky lady to have been found by you and given such a loving home. Of all the things you did for your sweet Sugar, this was the most wonderful, most blessed, of all. Without you as her mom, I have the feeling she wouldn't have lived as long as she did, certainly not as well as she did, and I doubt she could have been loved more. On top of all this, when she was sick you did everything you could to help her.

I know Sugar is ever so grateful for all you gave to her and for all you did for her. Today, she is running free in the Rainbow Fields, no more pain, her lungs filling with sweet air. She was met by many of our babies there who will watch over her until you can once again hold her in your arms...and I do believe that day will come for all of us. The separations and grief we who are left behind must bear are only temporary.

Please know we are here anytime you wish to talk.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

I hope and pray that you are right, that once again we will hold our Angels in our arms. Sugar spent her life being my constant companion. She brought me joy and it was my pleasure to have been able to do something in return for her.

Sugar
04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Sugar you have been gone 8 weeks now and I still miss you so much. If tears could bring you back you would be here now, I have cried enough to fill an ocean. I will love you forever.

Roxee's Dad
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Sending you cyber hugs. We know how much your heart aches but try to take solace that in her last years, you made her feel very happy and so very loved.

Timmy's Mom
04-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Hello Jean.

I lost my sweet Timmy to Cushings over a year ago. Our stories sound similar: I adopted Timmy from Westie Rescue 7 years ago. He was found as a stray, he was placed in multiple homes only to be returned to Westie Rescue. He was abused, no one even knew his real age! When Timmy and I found each other I knew it was meant to be. He finally had a home where he was safe and loved and he returned that love back to me, his mom, ten-fold. Like you, my best friend had been through so much in his life (my vet figured he was probably 12 years old when he passed) it seemed so unfair that I could only give him 5 years of love--he deserved so much more. I cried every day for 3 months and a month still hasn't gone by when I don't shed a tear, I still have moments of missing my sweet boy, my best friend. But I have finally reached that stage in the grieving process of acceptance. I found much solace through poems that I found online.

This one in particular came to mind as I read you posts:

The Gift
I’ll lend you for a little while my grandest dog, he said.

For you to love while he’s alive

And mourn for when he’s dead. 

It may be one or many years, 

Or days, or months, you see.

But will you, till I take him back 

Take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charm to gladden you, 

And should his stay be brief 

You will have treasured memories 

As solace for your grief. 

I cannot promise he will stay, 

Since all from earth return. 

But there are lessons taught on earth

I want this dog to learn. 

I’ve looked the wide world over 

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes 

With trust, I have selected you. 

Now will you give him your total love?

Nor think the labor vain, 

Nor hate when I come 

To take him back again?

I know you’ll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day. 

And for the happiness you’ve known 

Forever grateful stay. 

But should I come and call for him 

Sooner than you’ve planned 

You’ll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday you’ll understand.
~Author Unknown

Your Precious Sugar was sent to you for a reason. She knew she was loved just as I know my Timmy knew he was loved. I have found a lot of comfort in this and I hope you will too.

Timmy's mom
Kathleen

Sugar
06-09-2012, 01:29 PM
I have changed the address for Sugar's blog.

http://cushingsdiseaseindogspekingesesugar.blogspot.ca/2012/02/sugar-20-janurary-2002-23-february-2012.html

Sugar
06-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Hello Jean.

I lost my sweet Timmy to Cushings over a year ago. Our stories sound similar: I adopted Timmy from Westie Rescue 7 years ago. He was found as a stray, he was placed in multiple homes only to be returned to Westie Rescue. He was abused, no one even knew his real age! When Timmy and I found each other I knew it was meant to be. He finally had a home where he was safe and loved and he returned that love back to me, his mom, ten-fold. Like you, my best friend had been through so much in his life (my vet figured he was probably 12 years old when he passed) it seemed so unfair that I could only give him 5 years of love--he deserved so much more. I cried every day for 3 months and a month still hasn't gone by when I don't shed a tear, I still have moments of missing my sweet boy, my best friend. But I have finally reached that stage in the grieving process of acceptance. I found much solace through poems that I found online.

This one in particular came to mind as I read you posts:

The Gift
I’ll lend you for a little while my grandest dog, he said.

For you to love while he’s alive

And mourn for when he’s dead. 

It may be one or many years, 

Or days, or months, you see.

But will you, till I take him back 

Take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charm to gladden you, 

And should his stay be brief 

You will have treasured memories 

As solace for your grief. 

I cannot promise he will stay, 

Since all from earth return. 

But there are lessons taught on earth

I want this dog to learn. 

I’ve looked the wide world over 

In my search for teachers true.

And from the throngs that crowd life’s lanes 

With trust, I have selected you. 

Now will you give him your total love?

Nor think the labor vain, 

Nor hate when I come 

To take him back again?

I know you’ll give him tenderness

And love will bloom each day. 

And for the happiness you’ve known 

Forever grateful stay. 

But should I come and call for him 

Sooner than you’ve planned 

You’ll brave the bitter grief that comes

And someday you’ll understand.
~Author Unknown

Your Precious Sugar was sent to you for a reason. She knew she was loved just as I know my Timmy knew he was loved. I have found a lot of comfort in this and I hope you will too.

Timmy's mom
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen
You are right, Sugar was my best friend and that she was sent to me for a reason and that was to cushion me from pain of the death of my Mom and my divorce. I am afraid now that I am not doing well without her, the grief I have now is inconsolable. Thanks for the lovely poem, it did help and you and people like you are so kind to take the time to write words of encouragement. I am so sorry about your Timmy, he was a lucky little boy to have found love with you. It is so hard to accept why these precious little souls are so abused first in the early stages of their young lives and then in their dying days. I will never get over how badly I feel about Sugar's life. I can't believe that God would do such a thing to these poor little dogs and why they have to suffer so much in their short lives. Sugar's Mom, Jean