PDA

View Full Version : Winnie (3/95 to 2/5/09)

Carol G
05-05-2009, 03:22 PM
It has been three months today and I'm typing through the tears. I still miss Winnie horribly. I have pretty much stopped looking for her (you know how when you go into a room and think you see them) so I guess time is starting to heal the wound. It doesn't feel like it though.

I think it is stlll very hard for McGill. He seems sad often but I don't know if it is because he misses her or if it is just his age -- maybe some of both.

I had intended to write a little tribute to Winnie but all I can manage now is to say how much she is missed and loved. I hope she knows that.

Carol, McGill & Atty Cat

Squirt's Mom
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Dear Carol,

Three months is such a short time, and yet so very long in many ways. Each 'anniversary' is a harsh reminder of the void in our souls. But as each one passes and we survive, they do get easier to face and deal with. At one time, I would have never believed this but time has proven it to be true.

Grief is personal and we all take as long as it takes to begin the healing process. For some, it seems to happen without their knowledge; for others, they work at finding ways to heal when they feel it is time to do so; others embrace the grief to either ride it out or let it take their essence. Let your heart guide you and you will know when, and if, it is time. If writing a tribute to Winnie will help you heal, then we would be honored to have you share that with us when you are ready.

On one level, I understand grief intimately yet on another, I cannot bear to think of the day when I find myself having to live without my Sweet Bebe. Yet all who can love an animal as we do know the day will come when they will leave us. It takes a special kind of love and character to love a pooch as you do Winnie. I have no doubt that she is watching over you and McGill with the same depth of love every second of every day.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls

MiniSchnauzerMom
05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Carol,

I'm all teary-eyed reading your post. As Leslie said, you'll know in your heart when the time is right and you're ready to write your "larger" tribute. In my opinion, you have just written a mini-tribute to Winnie right now. I'm sure that Winnie knew each and every day how very much she was loved and those feelings of love remain.

Sending lots of hugs your way...

Louise & Munchie

P.S. Give McGill & Atty Cat some extra pets from me!

ChristyA
05-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Carol,
I have no doubt Winnie knows she is missed and loved. Sophie seemed sad after Dexter passed. Even when we got a new dog she still missed Dexter. There is a lot more to dogs than most people give them credit for.
Christy

Dollydog
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi,
Louise is right....this is a mini tribute to Winnie. And you are healing at your own rate. Have you tried writing a little bit of a tribute at a time instead of trying to compose it all at once? It may help with the whole process and when it's all written you can post it for the rest of us.
Take care,
Jo-Ann & Lady :)

frijole
05-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Carol,

Just had to send you a cyber hug and let you know I feel your pain. Hang in there and take your time with the tribute. I know it will be wonderful.

Kim

labblab
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Carol,

I sure am glad that you've found us and have returned to post once again! And I absolutely agree with what the others have said. A formal tribute may take form in time, but what you have already written -- simply how much you love and miss Winnie -- is all the tribute that she would ever need or want.

It took me some time before I could write a public note about my Barkis, too. But in those early days, I took a piece of paper and just headed it with, "All the things I remember about us together." And then I just started a list that grew and grew and grew. I've never shown it to anyone else, and it just made me cry once again to pull it out and read it. But that private list is probably the most meaningful tribute that I could ever write. Because every single thing that is on it is so special and so dear.

It is the memories of your lives together that is the true tribute. So please don't worry if a public note never comes. It doesn't matter. We know how much you loved Winnie and always will.

Many (((hugs))) to you on this anniversary of Winnie's passing ~
Marianne (forever Barkis' mom and Peg's and Luna's mom)

ladysmom06
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Carol,

Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and sending special hugs your way.

mytil
05-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Oh Carol,

I sure am glad you posted here and like the others have said this is a tribute to your Winnie ~ and I will add the love you have for her and your life together will always be tribute every single day. So take your time and do not worry if the words do not come out now or you cannot write them down - they are deep within your heart and she knows.

It is tough, and you will continue to grieve and that is okay. I cried for months and I still shed tears when I think of my Mytilda. And I think I will miss her forever.

Always remembering your Winnie (http://k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=331)
my continued ((((hugs)))))
Terry

JFBMaine
05-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Dear Carol, I am new to this forum as of yesterday. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry about your Winnie. Obviously Winnie had to be one extra special love to leave such a large hole in your heart and I am sure , from your note, many wonderful memories to enjoy. Felice & Finnegan

Carol G
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Thank you everyone. It is comforting to know that there are so many who understand.

Carol

Carol G
02-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Tomorrow it will be a year since I let Winnie go to the bridge. I still have not been able to write a tribute to her. I try but then the tears start and I can't see to type.

I don't want to let tomorrow pass without posting something though. I just need to say that I love her and miss her so.

Carol

mytil
02-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Dearest Carol,

I know she is watching over you and that you love her very much. It is hard, these anniversaries. I hope the wonderful memories have started to push through the tears for you. I still cannot believe myself all this time has quicky gone by since she has passed.

(((hugs)))
Always remembering your Winnie (http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=331)
Terry

Roxee's Dad
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Special thoughts for you and Winnie on this special day.

labblab
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Dear Carol,

There can be no finer tribute written than your words: "I love her and miss her so." These simple words speak volumes about all that you and Winnie meant to one another -- and still do.

Every day can be so hard. The memories flood back when least expected. But on these anniversary days -- the time just slips away, and it is as if it were only yesterday. And if only we could have them back again, just for a moment. If only...

Carol, thank you so much for posting and for giving us the chance to join you in honoring Winnie, especially today.

Always in loving memory of your sweet girl,
Marianne, forever Barkis' mom

ChristyA
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Carol,
I know it is very hard but I think you said it all,

"I love her and miss her so."

I have tried in the past to put into words what Dexter meant to me, but I end up writing a book.

Take Care,
Christy

maggiebeagle
02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
A day of bittersweet memories I am sure.
You are in my thoughts.
Virginia and Angel Maggie

Harley PoMMom
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Carol,

You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

In loving memory of Winnie.

Love and (((hugs)))
Lori

frijole
02-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Thinking of Winnie with fondest memories. RIP. Kim

MiniSchnauzerMom
02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Carol,

Thinking of you today and saying a special prayer in memory of your sweet Winnie.

Louise

Franklin'sMum
02-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Dear Carol,

I'm thinking of you, and hope you find some measure of comfort. The deepest love leaves the largest wound.

Love, Jane xx
________
Hashish (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

Carol G
02-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Thank you all. Your kind words are comforting and I appreciate your thoughts so much.

Carol

bkdice
02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
the tribute to her is that you still remember the love you had for her and it can still bring you to tears a year later - as i'm sure it will for years to come. may the love for her continue to in your heart forever.

Carol G
02-05-2011, 06:06 PM
It has been two years today since I let Winnie go to the Bridge.

I miss my sweet girl so much. I try to take comfort knowing that she is with McGill and the others and they are having a wonderful time together.

Carol

Casey's Mom
02-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Thinking of you Carol - warmest hugs from me and hopes that your memories sustain you through the tears.

Love and many hugs

Bichonluver3
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Dear Carol,
I am sorry that we never had the opportunity to know you or Winnie but we know all too well the heartbreak you feel. It hurts so much to let them go but they are never really gone. As long as she is in your mind and heart, she is with you.

The Dogs Who Have Shared Our Lives

The dogs who've shared our lives,
In subtle ways they let us know
Their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
We hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop
A tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
The food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
We miss them terribly.
And, although, time may bring new friends
And a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our heart
Belongs to them.....
And always will.
(Linda Barnes)
Love & Hugs,
Carrol & Chloe

jrepac
02-07-2011, 08:32 PM
They may be gone, but are never forgotten :)

I've been thinking a lot lately about my last 2 Aussies, who were both Cushpups...in part because I am pondering another Aussie acquisition :D

I'm about to put together my little portfolio of pictures and it sure does bring back memories...:)

Jeff & Angel Mandy

bgdavis
03-17-2011, 08:13 AM
I know Criss Ann and Winnie are having a great time . We'll never forget either of them.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Carol G
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
It has been three years since we helped Winnie to the Bridge.

I wish I could adequately put into words how dear she is to me and how much I miss her.

There is comfort knowing she and McGill are together and I think they must be friends with others at the Bridge from this forum.

I love you sweetie.

Harley PoMMom
02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Thinking of you and sweet Winnie, and sending huge hugs and love...Lori

mytil
02-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Dearest Carol,

Many ((((hugs)))) to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

Cyn719
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Thinking of you and Angel Winnie

love prayers and hugs xo

bgdavis
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm so sorry I missed the anniversary of Winnie's passing. She is with you always.

Hugs
Bonnie and Angel Criss

Carol G
02-05-2013, 10:02 PM
I am remembering my sweet, sweet Winnie. It doesn't seem like it has been four years.

I miss you so much baby girl. You are always in my heart. I love you.

frijole
02-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Good to see you. I remember Winnie like it was yesterday. RIP angel. Love, Kim

mytil
02-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Carol,

We too remember your sweetie pie! Glad you dropped in and hope you are doing well.

(((hugs)))
Terry

Carol G
02-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Thank you Kim and Terry.

I check back in every so often to see how everyone is doing.

My Atty Cat is still going strong (just gave her the every three week chemo yesterday).

I have a rescue Australian Cattle Dog who came from a hoarding situation and we are working on her fear/anxiety issues. She is a sweetie and reminds me some of Winnie.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will never forget all the help and support I got here.

Carol

Harley PoMMom
02-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi Carol,

So glad to hear that Atty Cat is doing so well, and congratulations on the new addition to your family, I am sure in your loving and gentle hands the new pup will overcome her issues.

Always in loving memory of sweet Winnie.

Hugs to you,
Lori

mytil
02-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Oh good to hear Atty Cat is doing good! I like good news.

That little cattle dog has no idea yet she landed into an amazing and loving home. I know she will blossom and become more and more confident with each day. And I cannot help but think that Winnie had a paw in this and helped save her.

Don't be a stranger.
(((hugs)))
Terry

Carol G
02-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Thank you Lori & Terry. I think the Cattle Dog (Bonny) really is the one who helped Atty rescue me. Losing both Winnie & McGill so close together was really rough for me, and Bonny and Atty have helped me get through it.

Hugs back,

Carol