PDA

View Full Version : Scooter's Story

forscooter
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I remembered I had saved this...I want so much of something of Scooter to be here...it was him who led me here and because of him, and Bailey, that I remain. It's a lesson I look at, or try to, as a gift...because without them, I would never have found all of you...

It was June 2002. I just got divorced and thoughts ran through my head of all the things I wanted but could never have had in my “previous” life. Maybe another dog, someone to keep Bailey company so his days weren’t so long and lonely with me working full-time now. Yes, another dog….another wonderful, loving basset. Someone to cuddle and to cuddle with Bailey….a new soul to love and nurture. Surely, all bassets are loving, kind souls. Every single one of them I met, well, they loved freely.

A rescue I thought….a wonderful, soft, warm basset who needs a loving home. So, the call was placed to the rescue. No, not that basset you want said the man…you want this other one. He’ll get along in your house so much better. So a meeting was arranged in a local parking lot with his current owner. Scooter was his name. Scooter? They are already built like skateboards, why would someone name him Scooter, poor thing.

We met…he didn’t come to me. He barely looked at me. Too much energy for my elderly father who lives with me and I work long hours was what I was told as the reason Scooter could no longer stay. Loving dog. Very well-behaved just “high energy”. He came from yet another home bc he didn’t get along with his “real” brother too well.

Well, maybe, just maybe I could win Scooter over, I thought. After all, I never met a dog I didn’t get along with…hhmmmm. So we made arrangements for Scooter to come home with me the following week. This dog not only cried in the car, he SCREAMED! All the way home, he screamed and carried on and screamed some more. OMG….I can’t comfort him. It will be better once I get him home.

Yeah, and the moon is square-shaped. Scooter walked hesitatingly through my front door, sniffed Bailey, let out a low growl, and then walked through the house sniffing every corner like he owned it. No he didn’t want to come near me. No, he didn’t want a cookie. No, he didn’t want his toy either. Attack…attack on Bailey! Bloodshed…bedlam…complete loss of any control!!!!

Hello, Scooter. Do you know you are a soft, loving, wonderful basset hound? Do you know you love all people and all dogs? Um, no, apparently not.

And so it went….for months….with a phone call to take this Scooter dog back! He’s biting Bailey, he’s biting me! He thinks he owns the freaking house and all that is in it! Got the old vet papers….Scooter was given up the first time bc he attacked his brother! FOUL! I called the rescue. Give it time I was told. This is normal until the pack order is established. Sure….my you-know-what!

And so life with Scooter went on….eventually not being quite such a bad boy. But the ruler of the house he was. He never did like sharing his food….nor his bed….and on the occasion he wanted to cuddle with his brother, Bailey, poor Bailey was so petrified he’d sneak away.
One night Scooter bit me….right in the face. I thought I was mad. But little did he know laying in wait was Bailey, much bigger and less tolerant when it came to biting the mommy. Bailey lunged at him…got him on his ear. More bloodshed. Scooter never bit me again. Although poor Bailey never did get the same break.

So, we learned to live in harmony…with gates at mealtimes and letting Scooter get his way SOME of the time.

There were playtimes with Bailey, snuggles with mommy, running the fence with his doggie friend in the back. He loved his ball like an obsessive demon. Running and chasing it, barking at it all the while. He’d hide it and make you come and get it….and he wouldn’t stop barking until you did. OK, hide the ball until playtime and earplugs were firmly in place. He caught the squirrel…and I hit him (GENTLY) with the shovel while I screamed my head off. He’d alert me when Bailey escaped the yard until one day, he decided he’d go too. But his house and his yard were the only places he wanted to be! Try a three hour car ride to vacation with a screaming dog!

Years came and went…good times and bad times. Always the Bad Boy (given that title by my neighbors). Sweet eyes hid bad boy ways. And I will never forget his ability to growl like he was underwater…I admit I’d coax him into it sometimes just bc it was so darn funny.

Then, Cushing’s….everything changed. In what seemed a single moment, our lives were never the same. Pills, tests, more pills, other tests, baths, other pills, more tests, and yet more pills. At the same time, Scooter knew he was being loved. He changed. He was more seeking of cuddle times. He was more tolerant of Bailey sometimes, not often, but sometimes getting his way first.

Nights were spent cuddled on the couch (hello, Scooter, do you know how pointy your stubby leg elbows are???)….sick times, both human and canine, were spent snuggled together under a warm blanket. Every bedtime, we’d have a drink of water together, take care of business, and I’d hoist him on the bed. He’d lay down across the extra pillows…or snuggle nose-to-nose. I’d wake up at night to turn over and always touch him with my hand to make sure he was snuggled beside me. When I couldn’t sleep, I’d breathe in rhythm with him taking in his peacefulness. I’d hold his warm, soft foot.

And now, he is gone….as fast as he came into my life and with as much fury…he left it.

Scoobie, you always had my heart. You will always be part of my very soul. I loved you, and will always love you, with every breath I take…and when I reach out to you in the darkness of the night, I hope to feel you still at my side.

Now, run, Scoobie and get your ball…and I’ll be seeing you when it’s time. Snuggle up with Grandpa and give kisses to Grandma and make your Uncle Dave find your ballie…

I love you my precious….I always did…I always forever will.
Mommy

lucygoo
05-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I love that story. That made me cry..reminded me of my Wilbur....
Gina

Harley PoMMom
05-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Beth,

What a beautiful tribute to your loving Scoobie, although I did not get the honor to know him personally, I felt I did through your story.

You write so vividly, it's almost like I was there, I could see everything so clearly in my mind.
It took many tissues for the tears.. until I finished reading.

What a amazing, loving and compassionate person you are, not many people would have put up with what you did and I am so glad Scoobie found his way to you.

Rusty's Mom
05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. That was a great and very touching memorial to Scooter! Your fond memories will help your healing process.

Blessings,

MJ

forscooter
05-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Thank you all very much! Scooter was quite the character....so much so that I don't think I will ever have a dog like him again. While Bailey is my soul, Scooter had my heart...so they are equally loved and adored.

It's been 5 months tomorrow...and yet the loss of him echoes throughout my house still. He changed my life forever...and I keep him safely in the deepest part of my heart.

I hope someday to see him again....and maybe have him truly understand how much he is loved.

For those who weren't on the old board, I lost my mom in November before Thanksgiving, three weeks later my dad, and ten days after that my Scoobie....so this heart is a bit still shattered but I am trying to keep the pieces together. I think I am just feeling the loss of them all now...

a lesson learned, although it may be a bit cliche, it is the truth....cherish and spend every moment you can bc you just don't know when it will be gone...I am spending as much time as I can with Bailey and Allo and my son....and I wish you all happy moments that will lead to a heart full of love and treasures....

Love and hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

ladysmom06
05-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi Beth,

It's been 5 months tomorrow...and yet the loss of him echoes throughout my house still. He changed my life forever...and I keep him safely in the deepest part of my heart.

Thinking of you today and sending special hugs your way.

Luv,
Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09

fivebichons
07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi Sweet Pea,

What a beautiful tribute. I am so glad you kept it. It brought tears to my eyes. I sure am glad you didn't try to put him in a pair of lederhosen! Marco just growled at me with his displeasure and I didn't even rip a hole in the pootie seam for his fancy pants tail!

As you know, every single little fluff bug you bring into your life will have their very own personality. They are just amazing. They really are no different than you or I. I'm not sure why people think so. Because of the color of their skin? Because of their fur? Because of the way they walk? :p Every one of them has a story to tell. Scoobie will always have that special place in your heart. Nobody will every take that away.

Thank you for sharing that story again.

Lots of hugs,
Heidi and the gang
Still want to meet in Nevis? We could schmooze and help run their restaurant now. Oh, please taste this Margarita!!! It is delicious!!!

forscooter
08-26-2009, 07:32 PM
I was going about the day in my usual way, not thinking about much and staying distracted...the way I have spent most of my days since last fall.

Tonight, I stopped at the vet's to pick up an antibiotic and pain meds for Bailey and it gripped me...

It's been 8 months......8 long months today without my Scoobie. The pain grips me as if it was yesterday....the questions come flooding back...the "what ifs"....the "should haves"....the "maybe if I"....

I have lost beloved dogs before...I have loved and lost and come to some resolution. I just can't seem to find peace with this.

It isn't so much the logic of it all...the rational part of me knows he was very sick....that I did it for the right reasons....that really there was no other choice...

but it all comes down to one basic thing....and that is my heart hurts. I miss my boy and this house just will never be the same. I miss his incessant whining, his barking, his constant need to attention and love, I miss his smell and his eyes, I miss him hogging the bed and the feel of his paw in my hand. I miss his warm body and his sandpaper kisses. I miss him by my side.

Will it ever go away? Will I ever be able to let go? Will I ever really believe I did the right thing? Will it ever not hurt?

Just five more minutes....I just want 5 more minutes....

I love you so very much, my sweet wonderful maddening boy...and tonight I hope that everyone holds their pups a little bit closer, a little bit longer....even for just 5 more minutes....

Love and so many tears....Beth

maggiebeagle
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Ohh Beth, I'm so sorry you are still hurting so much. I'll be hugging my furry kids extra tight tonight.
Virginia

Harley PoMMom
08-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Beth,

I am so sorry that your heart is heavy with sorrow. One can only hope that with the grace of God and time that one day you shall look back and remember your times with Scoobie and a smile will form on your beautiful face instead of tears.

In honor of your angel Scoobie my furbabies will get extra hugs and kisses.

Love and many hugs.
Lori

Roxee's Dad
08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Dear Beth,
I understand completely. I think it is that special K9 soulmate connection. I love and have loved all my pups but there have been 2 that had a special connection with me. Roxee of course is one of them and Chainsaw was the other. The stronger that connection, the more it hurts and the longer it hurts. We lost Chainee in 1995 and not a day goes by that I don't touch her urn and say her name. I have tried to write a tribute to Roxee but I can't get past 5 words without my vision being clouded by the tears. Eventually I will manage to finish my tribute to Roxee.

Never try to hide or disguise your feelings when it comes to Scoobie or any or your pups. Emotions while many times painfull are a good thing. If more humans felt like this, the world would indeed be a better place.

If I hadn't loved and lost, I don't know what or why life would be worth living. Your, our pain is a tribute to the love you and we all have or had with our special babies. Your participation here in this forum says it all. You care! We are here for you as you have been here for us.

All my babies will get an extra special hug in honor and in memory of your special Scoobie tonight and as we hug them, we will whisper Scoobie's name in their ear.

Special hugs to you and yours tonight as we remember and honor the love you have for your special Scoobie.

nelliesmom
08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Isn't it amazing how much we love our babies!!! Your story was so touching, I will never forget Scooter even though I never knew him. Sending comforting prayers your way!
Mary (nelliesmom)

mytil
08-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Dearest Bethy,

There are just no words that can truly describe the feelings and please do not put a time limit on your grieving, listen to your heart and it is okay to still be upset and cry - and you may even miss him the rest of your life - it took me a year to get over loosing Mytilda (my soul doggie) and I still talk to her, miss her terribly and shed some tears even after 5 years.

I think at times when there are unanswered questions it makes it harder.

He knows you think about him and miss him and he also know the trememdous love will always tie you two together.

We are here for you and I know he is watching over you.
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
L.
Terry

Dollydog
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Squirt's Mom
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Dear Beth,

I read your post last nite and started a reply...but then the tears came and I just couldn't continue. That raw, double-you-over, make-you-scream pain is something I am very familiar with and I wish I could tell you it goes away. But, so far, it hasn't for me after nearly 3 years. It seems to just come out of the blue sometimes - no noticeable trigger, cause, rhyme nor reason - it just suddenly bowls me over. This year was the worst yet, as you know. But in the midst of my anguish, were and are blessings.

For one thing, The Prophet Gibran's comments on grief have proven true. The more I have suffered, the more I hurt, it seems easier for the good memories to follow and I am able to appreciate them all the more. Her laugh, her smell, her eyes, the feel of her in my arms become more real in the times of deepest grieving but when I recover and take that next step, those memories remain clearer and stronger than before. A blessing beyond measure.

Also, I have learned who my real friends are, who cares about me, who truly loved, and still love, her. These dear folks give me more strength and hope than I could ever achieve on my own. They hold me up when needed and stand beside me after the need subsides. This is certainly a blessing.

A friend of mine was having a tough time a while back and I shared a story with her about a surprise bloom. I told her what that bloom meant to me in the hopes she might get something out it that would help her. Instead, she helped me. I had missed the most important factor in that bloom - that it was a sign telling me she was alright and that she wanted me to be happy. I have never forgotten that and carry it in my heart always. As a result, I have seen several signs that have given me comfort, and each one is a treasured blessing.

Honey, if I could take your pain, you know I would in a heart beat. But that would deprive you of the blessings coming your way so we are not allowed to do that for each other. We each carry our own grief, we each learn our own lessons from our losses, and we each receive our own blessings as a result.

I know how difficult it is to see those blessings when we are in the grip of such incredible pain. Instead we see all the things we coulda, woulda, shoulda done, all the unanswered questions, all the what-ifs, and all our presumed mistakes. We beat ourselves up until we can't see any of the good we did.

But, honey, you did Scooter a world of good his whole life. And when his life held no more joy, no relief from his misery, you did the very best thing for him you ever did - you let him be free from his misery. You took on the pain you now have in order that his pain could end. What greater love is there than this?

Remember the Promise, Beth, remember the Promise. It is real.

Hugs and love,
Leslie

BestBuddy
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi B,
I feel your pain. I am sure anyone who has poured their heart and soul and time into an ailing dog would understand that it just makes the bond stronger. I think the pain of loss is so much sharper when there has been a nurturing role. Don't rush things, let time do it's magic even if it seems slow coming.
Jenny

forscooter
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank you all very much...it means more than I can ever put into words. I guess I was just churning along with life...trying to keep things "normal" and my spirits "up"....I try very hard to keep my balance and sense of humor bc it keeps me going. I just got so caught off-guard! I wasn't expecting it to still hurt so much!

I had a dream the other night that I saw him looking at me, he was standing there and I kept trying to hold him but couldn't reach him. I kept getting pulled back. I wanted so much to hold him for just "5 minutes"....

All your posts mean so much to me! And I thank you from my heart truly for always supporting me and making things better! At least I know I am not completely crazy bc sometimes I just feel on edge...
my mom's birthday is approaching Monday and maybe with all these dates happening, it is just too much for my head to get wrapped around...sometimes I still feel a bit shell-shocked.

I do feel the bond is different when you are doing battle trying to save your pup....keep them strong and with you. It is like you are fighting together so hard....doing whatever it takes to make it better.

I spent some time last night reading through what the vet wrote me, and talking to Scooter, and running my fingers over his pawprint, laying my hand as if I could still hold it....I cried for a while and then tried to get distracted again...

I will always remember the Promise, Leslie....always....

and I am trying to keep the faith that Scooter is now free of pain and watching over all the Cushpups that he fought alongside with and hopefully continues to...

I guess I just keep waiting for it to be "better" all the time...and I don't think it ever will...but I think from reading your posts that it is OK that maybe it won't...it just is all that love that I was so lucky to have had returned to me ten times over....

Love you guys!!! Beth

sunimist
08-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Dear Beth

I can't reply now. Words won't come yet, but I just want you to know I love you and know the terrible pain and heartbreak you are feeling, cause I feel it too.

God love and bless you dear friend.

Shelba, Suni and Angel Misty

SachiMom
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Beth,
Everyday, sometimes twice a day, I have come here to your thread, with the intention of writing a few words of comfort for you. But I sit in front of this computer and the words don't come, only tears flow. I hold you in my prayers each night and I can only tell you, Beth, I know and understand the hurt. Sometimes I think the hurt is so deep that it will never go away.
Love and ((((BIG HUGS))))
~Mary Ann

labblab
08-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Beth, I am here, too. Lacking words, as well. For some reason, the words are absent right now. But the feelings are so present and real. Perhaps this silence is a part of some lesson or blessing that I am also meant to learn or receive myself...? But I am here, and thinking of you and your loved ones with my own love. An invisible chain of love that connects us all.

Always ~
Marianne

Barney's Mom
08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
First I should tell you that Scooter's story affected me profoundly. It took several attempts before I could finally keep myself composed enough to read to the end. Much of it is probably because we were living a good bit of this with you.
I think John nailed it spot on when he mentioned the "K9 Connection."
I have had other dogs, but I haven't ever connected with a dog like I have with Barney, it's what you have with Scooter.

I am so sorry your heart still aches :(

Cheryl

forscooter
08-30-2009, 07:06 PM
I wish so much I could write a response to each and every one of you...bc you all mean so much to me...and your support is so appreciated more than I can ever say!

Jenny,Shelba, Lynne and Mary Ann....I know this is all so soon for you all too and that hurts me that we have lost so many wonderful pups...and Marianne and Terry, I know you still miss sweet Barkis and Mytilda so much even after all this time...and Cheryl, I know you are sweating it out with the Barnman once again and the worrying never seems to end...Leslie, you already know I am thinking of the Promise all the time to keep my balance as best I can...Jo-Ann, your support has been here since the beginning of my journey too and I couldn't ask for more than the friendship you have given me....Mary, I hope Scooter's story stays with you and only the best comes to you and Nellie...John, you have been such a wonderful support to me and I thank you from my heart...Lori, you have stood by me too and I am so very grateful to have the chance to "meet" you both...

I can only guess that the pain is as deep as the love...I used to tell my mom I wish I didn't love so much! But, I wouldn't have had it any other way if I had to decide whether to have loved my boy or never to have known him....I was the one who was so blessed...and I am blessed all the more bc of all of you....

Love ya, Beth

clydetheboosmom
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Ah, my Beth....

I am so sorry that except for a few personal emails, I haven't been able to give you *hugs* through all your pain.....

You are such a gift, Beth. Remember that.

Love,
Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

forscooter
09-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Lynne....

Some people are always with us....:)

Let me know when it's a good time to call...

I hope things are getting better!

Love and many hugs, Beth, Bailey, always Scoobie, Allo and Baby Pallie

clydetheboosmom
09-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Beth -

Call me anytime :)

Hugs,
Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

forscooter
09-22-2009, 10:28 AM
I will, Lynne....soon I promise!!! Not sure if you saw my Pallie thread but I am running around Poopsville like a mad woman right now...but you are at the top of my list once I can get my breath....and collect all the poop I need!!!

Love ya! Me

Dollydog
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Beth,
I was without an internet connection over Christmas and have just now gone looking for any postings to do with the anniversary of Scooters passing.
Will check some more,
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

forscooter
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn't get to post here on Scooter's anniversary (the 26th of December) as I was on and off the computer in bursts. I spent that day quietly, lighting a candle and quietly thinking of that last horrible day. It was a struggle at first, as the minutes literally ticked off and I remembered each step that led us to making that decision, but I was able to bring myself to thinking of his sweet face, his devilish nature, and how I miss him still so much to this day.

I hung his stocking in my room, kissed his picture as I often do, and thought of all the times he met me at the door with the "news" of the day....the way I would hold his paw as I fell asleep at night....the security of knowing that no visitor would go unannounced. I thought, too, of all the times he tortured Bailey and how much he would hate this little puppy and especially a CAT in HIS house! But in my heart, I know, that this is exactly the way he would want it.....that his life meant something....that through the tough guy attitude he would want me to keep giving others a chance at having a home. And even that his Cushing's meant something and hopefully made a difference somewhere along the road.

I don't hear him barking anymore as I did when he first passed, but I do feel him. Often, I am caught off-guard and will just feel him sitting there, smiling, panting and with the sparkle in his eyes when he was at his most loving and his most devil-doggedness. I know he is still with me....I know that the bond between heart and soul can never be broken.

Singing "happy birthday" just seems so empty now....without his singing along. But I know that he would want life to go forward...and just because I can't hear him, doesn't mean he isn't singing still.

I long for the time when I can see him again. Until then, I know he is still watching over Bailey (in a much more loving way), and I see him through Baby Pallie (I can't tell you how many people have said, "You are just like your brother!"), and even Allo I know he watches over him...I know it because deep down in my soul I feel it.

And so, my Scooter, I am late in writing this...I know you understand. And I thank Jo-Ann for prompting me because she has always been there for us and helping light the way.

I wish you, my sweet precious boy, ballies to chase, squirrels to play with, and most of all peace and love and light....I lost you way too soon, and at times you really tested me, but I would haven't changed a thing....not one.

Thank you, Jo-Ann.....and sweet peace to the little furry boy who challenged me, rescued me, taught me, and loved me in spite of myself....

Love you always.....Mommy

littleone1
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi Beth,

This is such a wonderful tribute to Scooter. I know he's watching all of you. Bless you for being such a wonderful special person.

Extra hugs for you, as you certainly deserve them.

Dollydog
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
(((((HUGS)))))
What a lovely tribute to Scooter, Beth. Thanks for being here for me too.
I found your posting on FB.
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

Harley PoMMom
01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Oh Beth,

What a beautiful tribute to your beloved Scooter and I know he is still watching over you. You and Scooter had that special bond and it cannot be broken, not even death can sever a bond that close and loving.

You're such a wonderful and special person, my friend, always reaching out to others in need with encouraging words and support. I hope you can find some comfort in the words we all are expressing here for you, my friend, because you deserve it.

With much love and big, big hugs,
Lori

Roxee's Dad
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Well Beth, after reading this and feeling heartbroken for you, I realized that I also was feeling happy. Happy because I know Scooter really enjoyed his life with you.:) He so knew he was and is and always will be loved.

Squirt's Mom
01-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey Beth,

With tears streaming down my face, I couldn't agree with John more.

He so knew he was and is and always will be loved.

You and Scoob touched so many lives and still help so many who are walking this Cushing's journey; never doubt either of you have made a difference - you have.

((((((bigsqueezinhugs)))))))
Leslie and the girls - always

forscooter
01-07-2010, 07:41 PM
OK, with tears on my face too, I thank you all...he was such a special boy...and somehow I can find some comfort, some purpose, to him having this dreaded disease through all of you. I never would have made it without you all by my side!!!

Lots of love and hugs, Beth and always, Scoobie

maggiebeagle
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
We women always love the bad boys best.
Virginia and Angel Maggie

BestBuddy
01-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Hi Beth,
I have been trying to think of the right thing to say all day but the words just won't come. These dogs of ours own a piece of our heart regardless whether they are in this life or the next. Just know I am thinking of you.
Jenny

Franklin'sMum
01-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Beth,
Thinking of you at this time and sending big (((HUGS))). I hope you can find some measure of comfort amongst the grief.

Jane

mytil
01-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Oh Bethy,

I too cried when I read your post (about) and to Scooter. I know he has been watching over you and every time you feel his presence he is reminding you gently of the wonderful memories and that he is there.

((((hugs))))
Terry

clydetheboosmom
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Beth, my friend....

Let's share the cup, shall we?

If our pups never had cushings, we never would have met....and I can't bear that thought! So, thanks, Scooter, for picking your mom...and sharing her with us....

Hugs...

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

forscooter
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Sweet Scoobie....

You would have been 10 today...and I need your help more than ever...

I love you still with all my heart...I hope you are having lots of bones, and bacon and are singing your favorite song...

Missing you always.....Mommy and Bailey

littleone1
02-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Beth, I know you have been through so much with your furbabies. I know Scooter is watching over you and so very much appreciates what you've said.

mytil
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I know Scooter hears you Bethy and is watching over you. I want to send Happy Birthday smoochies to your angel boy. I have this feeling all the doggies at the Bridge helped him celebrate his day.

L,T.

Squirt's Mom
02-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey Beth,

Since we don't know when Ruby's birthday is, she always got to celebrate everyone else's birthdays as hers, too. So I know she and Scooter had a wonderful day.

Honey, I know Scoob is with you every second of the day and especially now, giving you his love, gratitude and strength to help you through these days because he knows, as we do, that you are a wonderful mom.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls - always

mypuppy
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi Beth,
Your story touched me deeply, and every word was taken to heart. There is no doubt whatsoever the true reason why these precious pups are so imbedded in our minds, hearts and souls--they are simply just worthy of our unconditional love and respect, and they give it right back ten-fold. So sorry for your precious Scooter. I hope the wonderful memories sustain you for the remainder of time. Best regards to you, a great, big, TIGHT hug and lots of Love, xo Jeanette

forscooter
12-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Scoobie,

Two years, too much time without you, and I sit here this morning as the minutes pass thinking "if only I had known"....but I do know now that you know how much you are and always will be loved, how much a part of my heart you take with you always, and that no matter how many times I called you my Bad Boy, you are always my angel.

Maybe love did save you after all. It saved you inside not only my heart, but in my soul, where you will always be safe.

But, even still, I am missing your warm brown eyes, your soft warm ears, your constant whine for attention, your cuddles and sandpaper kisses....I miss all of you with all of me.

I hope you are free chasing your ballie, kissing Bailey instead of biting him, and watching over us all through the stars I could see in your eyes....

I love you, sweet Scoobs....always, forever, and infinitely....Mommy