PDA

View Full Version : My Mickee has been laid to rest

Roxee's Dad
06-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Some of my friends already know but in case some of you may have noticed that Mickee's name and picture are in the Loving Memory Album. Mickee was not a cush pup but was a foster or step brother to our Roxee (RIP) and our Rozee and LttleBit.

Our Mickee was laid to rest on Monday June 20th. He was about 17 years old. After many trips to the vet over the last few weeks for adequan shots, and meds to keep him comfortable due to his severe arthritis, at about 1:00 am, I could hear a scratching on the carpet, I woke to find Mickee trying to get up. I went to help him, but sadly he could no longer stand up.

We carried him into the family room where Pattee had laid a mattress on the floor so she could cuddle up next to him and comfort him. As dawn started to arrive, we carried him outside and let him lay comfortably in the cool grass that he loved so much. As we watched the clock reach the dreaded 8:00 mark.... arrangements were made and Mickee was freed from his pain.

Mickee started out as a foster in 2004 from Friends for Life animal sanctuary. He was rejected from 3 previous homes at 9 years old, he found our home.

It was a Saturday evening after I had left Friends for Life Animal sanctuary a bit early, Pattee my wife stayed a while longer and called me to tell me to bring Roxee and Rozee to the park to meet our new foster :confused: :) :D and so I did, they got along great, he followed Roxee and Rozee home and the rest is history.

I love you and miss you my boy ....I know Roxee was waitng to show you the way. Rest in Peace and free from pain. You are my newest and brightest star in the sky.

Harley PoMMom
06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Sending tons of huge loving hugs to you and Pattee.

In loving memory of Mickee.

Love and more hugs,
Lori

mytil
06-25-2011, 06:02 AM
Dearest John,
I am sending ((((((hugs)))))) to you and Pattee.
Always in loving memory of Mickee

John II
06-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Dear Brother John,

He was a beautiful boy, and we can be sure that the latter part of his life was the happiest. No one could have given Mickee a better life than you & Pattee. And when the time came, and after you tried every option to help him, you set him free. Hugs to you both, my brother.

:'-(

bernie47
06-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh John , was so sad to read this ...but you and your wife gave him his forever home ..(( hugs from us )) Catherine & Ken ....Natcho & Lara

Please take comfort in this lovely poem .

The Last Battle (http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/lastbatt.htm)

Squirt's Mom
06-25-2011, 09:50 AM
A Simple Message From Your Pet
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.

For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me
so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend.

Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know
that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are very rare and unique.

Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your pet in heaven.

Bagel's Mom
06-25-2011, 07:17 PM
John,

I am so sorry to hear that you both have experienced another loss in your lives. Be comforted knowing you spoiled your babies and loved them like they should have been loved- and I pray for Divine Comfort now for you both and that soon your warm memories will make you smile.

Sande

apollo6
06-25-2011, 10:41 PM
I so sorry to hear about the loss of yet another one of your little angels. May Mickee run in the grass in heaven and be pain free. God bless you Mickee.
Hugs Sonja and Apollo

marie adams
06-26-2011, 11:18 PM
John,

I am so sorry you have to go through this pain again. The pain so many of us know and it hurts again when someone else we know loses a beloved buddy. :(

You are always there for all of us so we are there for you!! My thoughts are with you!!!:o

Bailey's Mom
06-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi John-
I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like Mickee found the home he deserved all along. Take comfort in all the good you did for him....and how much that meant to him.
-Susan

Casey's Mom
06-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Dear John and Pattee, I was so sorry to hear of Mickee's passing. He truly saved the bestest most loving home for last. He could not have asked for better parents.

Love and hugs,

Roxee's Dad
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

We miss our baby boy but take solace in knowing he is no longer in pain. He is running free through the fields as he loved to do when he was younger. That long hair just blowing in the breeze. Rest in peace baby boy........