PDA

View Full Version : Andy "Baby Boy" left us Jun 8 2011

andysmom
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
PLEASE INDULGE ME AS I NEED TO SET THIS TO PEN

Andy let me know Tues. morning that he was ready to go. We could only get into the Vets first thing Wed. am.. So I loaded Andy up with even more pain meds to make him very comfortable. He got a luxurious bath that night. And we picked out his best outfit (T-shirts) for tomorrow morning. I threw him a Farewell Party with several friends in attendance. Party hats, balloons for every one. Andy of course wore his fancy birthday party hat. We grilled Andy's favorite food-hot dogs, hot dogs, hotdogs, and some chips and baked beans. And Ice cream afterwards. It was so touching to see him happy. I will always remember that party as a great send off.

Wed. at the Vets office. The mood was very serene. Andy knew why we were there. He gave me a lick goodbye and put his paw out to me again letting me know he was ready. He lay down in his own bed with Big Teddy (his favorite pal). Set out beside his bed was his Service Dog Cape, his Therapy Dog Cape, and on an easel was his birthday picture. I told him how eager he was to do anything I ask of him. And, so I asked him to relax knowing the joy and love so many people and animals had for him. I let him I’m right there and we’ll go through this together. I said, I will not leave you.

Andy's Eulogy

“Read out loud to Andy and those in the room”

I probably will cry during this selfless gift to you. It's because humans get so emotionally attached to their dogs and it really saddens my heart to see you go. It's your day to be happy and free from the pain and suffering you have dealt with these past few weeks. Just knowing you’ll leave this pain stricken body and go on to your next life's work brings me great joy.

"Baby Boy" I have to say,

You are the most loving companion I've ever had. You showed me just how intuitive dogs are.

You brought happiness and joy to me and hundreds of others.

You've just been so irresistible, "everybody" just had to stop and pet you.

You are my one in a lifetime dog, "Baby Boy".

You taught me to be a better person and companion. And, I'm sure when the time is right, you will send me one you feel will be right for me.

You've been a wonderful ambassador for Service Dogs all over our town and you loved every minute of your job.

You gave people permission to talk about their loved ones that had passed. You sensed how important it was to them to be able to express these feelings. And you sat patiently for how ever long it took, never expecting anything in return.

The residents of the Assisted Living facilities lives were enriched by getting to know you. They looked forward to the visits because of your sweet disposition and calm energy. In a way you were their dog too.

Your dog friends at the park will miss you. But, you both know there’s no need to worry. I’m sure they’ll miss your calm demeanor and relaxed attitude that made you such a great mentor.

Best Mayor of the Dog Park ever.

But there were some things you did that were naughty. Remember the night I went to light the grill and I came back in only to find my two steaks missing. I say missing because you were acting like your usual self. Unfortunately the give away was that only you and me lived there. You'd been had!

One hot summer day you came in the house completely drenched with water. None of the other kids were even a bit wet. And, it hadn't rained. I went into the backyard to investigate and found a huge whole bitten right out of the side of the swimming pool. Why? What was going through your head?

Though you're a Labrador Retriever you didn't like getting in the swimming pool. Maybe that's why you chewed the hole in it, huh? And when you did get in the water you'd stand by the ramp and bite the ankles of the pups getting out. You thought that was the best game. If they didn't want to play why did they keep getting out of the pool?

I'm told once you arrive you'll be given a new dogs purpose. But you may find your sister Daphenia, Henry, Sissy, Marty (you haven't met him yet), T-Bone, and of course Mean Mike. You may want to steer clear of him till you know he's a changed dog. Many may be gone on their new assignments when you get there.

Sweetheart, we will always be in each others hearts.

“Setting Up and getting ready”

As you go to sleep, think about the wonderful life we've had together. This is only one part of the many lives we'll both have.

Andy - It's OK for you to move on now. You're ready. I give you permission to leave me now. And, it's OK for me to move on now. You've given me permission too. And I'm ready.

"Ask Veterinarian to administer the medication"

I love you so much, "Baby Boy'. Remedy's Awesome Andy. Born March 17th 2001 and left us June 08 2011.

Have tried to upload image or put in post with no luck

Squirt's Mom
06-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Dear Andysmom,

I am so sorry for your pain and loss. It is never easy to say good-bye regardless.

Today, Andy's distress is over; he is whole, well and pain-free once again. And I am sure he is saying thank you for this, the greatest gift we can give our babies. He is watching over you with all the love and devotion you showed to him all his life. It is my firm belief that one day we will hold our babies in our arms again and cover their faces with all the kisses we have been missing so I know Andy will one day walk by your side again.

Please know we are here if you need to talk any time.

Andy's name has been added to our Remembering list for 2011. He will always be honored here with his Cushing's family.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

labblab
06-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Dear Andy's Mom,

Your Eulogy to Andy is beautiful and moving. Thank you so much for sharing it with us, and for allowing us to join you in celebrating Andy's life and spirit. Once again, I am so grateful that you found us, for so many reasons. But especially today, so that we can offer you our comfort upon the loss of your precious boy.

You made the decision that was the best for Andy, and the decision that honored all that was best about your relationship with one another. He lived in the midst of love, he made his passage in the midst of love, and his spirit will always remain lovingly tucked deep within your heart.

I hope you will remain with us, and continue to share more stories and memories of your boy. I am sorry you have had trouble uploading photos. Here is a link that may help you. If it does not, do let us know and we will try to give you some additional assistance:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_albums

Sending many hugs, always in loving memory of your brave Andy ~
Marianne

Cindy Thoman
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Dear Andysmom, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your Eulogy to Andy is just beautiful. You were so blessed to have found each other. You have such special memories that many people never get to experience. You are such a great mom for making the decision that was best for Andy.

xoxo,
Cindy, Alex and Bear

marie adams
06-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Dear Andy's Mom,

I am so sorry for your loss of Andy. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. Memories are good and your eulogy was beautiful.

You gave Andy a gift of becoming whole again. I know it is hard to really crasp this concept, but it makes thinking of them better.

This group is so wonderful and supportive...:)

zoesmom
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
My heart goes out to you. I went back and read your initial thread about Andy and, as hard as the final decision was, it is clear that you put him first in making it. They give us unconditional love and deserve nothing less in return. Sadly, that means that we must assume the pain in order to release them from it. Andy was blessed to have you and, obviously, vice versa. He was a special soul who brought joy and comfort to many many others as well. Rest in peace, Andy. Sue

apollo6
06-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Andy. May he finally rest in peace and watch over you.
Hugs Sonja and Apollo

Casey's Mom
06-13-2011, 10:57 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss of Baby Boy Andy. What a wonderful tribute, he is loved and I know that he is with you in spirit always.

Love and hugs,

frijole
06-13-2011, 11:10 PM
RIP angel Andy. Run wild and free from pain. Know you are loved and missed. Kim

addy
06-14-2011, 01:14 PM
He will be a rustle in the grass or the first morning dew.
He will be warm sunshine and soft summer breezes.
He will come to visit at night as you sleep, when you need him most.

Always in your heart and never, ever forgotten.
You loved him and set him free.

Godspeed dear Andy.

Love,
Addy

clydetheboosmom
06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Andy sounds like he was well loved, and dearly missed. Hugs to you, my brave friend, for doing him such a great service.

Tears for you,

Lynne, Angel Clyde and Angel Bailey