PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Ruby August 10,1999?-May 3, 2011

Siriusli
05-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Goodbye my sweet, beautiful little Ruby girl,

May all love and light surround you, now and forevermore. Thank you for being the most wonderful and loving companion all these long years. And, you were so much more, even than that. You were HOME to me. Thank you for all that you taught me about love. Thank you for your warm body against my feet and your gentle presence in my life. I will never forget you.
I will always love you.
And someday, we will find each other once again.

Godspeed, my Ruby, on your way to the Limitless, Undying Love. Fly to that pure, blissful land without looking back.

Forever yours,
Lisa

zoesmom
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Lisa -

Oh, I am so so sorry to read that Ruby has crossed the bridge. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. It brings tears to my eyes. Her picture on your avatar has always been one of my favorites. Rest in peace, sweet Ruby. And many hugs to your mommy. Sue

mytil
05-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Oh Lisa,

I am so very sorry about Ruby, my heart is with you!!!!

((((((Hugs)))))))
Terry

Squirt's Mom
05-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Ruby. She was a real trooper and with you by her side, fought so very hard to overcome all she was handed. She was very lucky to have been found by you - or to find you rather.

Today her battles are over, she is once again whole, strong and running free in the Rainbow Fields with her many new friends.

But, today your most difficult battle rages - learning to live with the pain. Please know that we are here anytime you wish to talk; we do understand what you are going through.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick and our Angels, Ruby and Crystal

A Simple Message From Your Pet
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.

For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you grieve not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend.

Today, I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours.

Companions such as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever.

For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your pet in heaven.

Siriusli
05-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Thank you all so much for the love and the words of kindness and encouragement. It helps to know that others truly understand how much I lost when I lost my little Ruby. I miss her everyday.

apollo6
05-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Ruby.
Our inability to completely protect and keep from harm those we love is a painful but inherent part of the human condition.
Let solace be taken, however, in knowing that we gave the best we had to our little friends, and that they knew, without an inkling of doubt, that they were deeply loved.
For, beyond all else, that is the greatest gift we give to them, and in turn, the greatest gift they give to us.
Hugs Sonja and Apollo

labblab
05-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Dear Lisa,

I, too, am so sorry to learn of Ruby's passing. Thank you so much for coming back and allowing us to join you in celebrating her sweet spirit. I agree with Sue -- your avatar photo of Ruby is one of my very favorites! The look in her eyes and the expression on her face. She was already an angel on earth.

Please do return and talk to us at any time. We would love to hear more stories about Ruby, or just to know how you are doing. I know how hard these first days and weeks of separation can feel. Not everybody in your life will understand that. But we truly do.

Take good care of yourself, Lisa. I am sending you many hugs in honor of your sweet girl.
Marianne