PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for May 2011

mytil
05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

Franklin'sMum
05-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Hi friends :)

It's been a long time since I gave an update on Franklin, so here goes. He's doing well, and has just finished a 3 month course of Ursidiol for his gallbladder sludge. The IMS wanted to get rid of it before it solidified, but was still fairly smushy on his last ultrasound. He's been on melatonin and lignans since last July, and in about a month and a half will be going back to IMS for another u/s and adrenal panel test.

Franklin is currently eating commercial food rather than his diet, due to a recent family medical situation requiring Franklin to be boarded for a few days. (And me not having enough of his food prepared to go with him) but will start cooking for him again as soon as the butcher has supplies.

He still remains on enalfor (enalapril maleate) for his proteinuria, and we haven't had any recent bloodwork or urinalysis performed.

Recently, we found a very nice memorial for Bailey's resting spot. It's a plastic rock that can have a photo inside. We all miss him like crazy, but it's slowly getting easier.

Love and hugs to you and yours,
Jane, Franklin and Angel Bailey xxx

deena
05-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Sweet tawni girl is nearing her four year anniversary of being diagnosed with cushings disease, just had her cushings test and has passed with flying colors...I treat every day with her as a bonus because it truly is a blessing to have her with me. We are also nearing the one year mark of her becoming diabetic and even though that has become problematic we are working diligently to being back on mark... i never would imagine a dog can endure so much medication as i have been giving her....I wish we all could be so lucky to be able to treat our pets as well as Tawni... My thoughts are with all who read this and their precious Fur Kids!!!

ChristyA
05-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Hi All,
Back in November I saw a little brindle dog in the county pound that had eyes that spoke to me. I pulled him on his last day, the next day he would have been euthanized! I was supposed to be fostering him for the rescue that I have been volunteering for. I failed miserably - he is still with me. I took him to get microchipped last week,,he's officially mine. He is so sweet and loving, Isabelle (aka The Boss of Applesauce :p) likes him a lot. Scout (newbie) was so emaciated when I brought him home you could see his spine and hip bones - he didn't have the strength to run. He can now run circles around Erik and keep up with Lulu. :D
I still miss Dexter and sometimes it hits me hard. A few weeks ago I was walking in the park just crying, thinking how much I missed him. He will always be #1 in my heart.
I hope you are all doing well and safe.

Squirt's Mom
05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Christy! :)

Good to hear from you again! :D

Are you still in school? How is Eric doing these days?

Sooooo, you've joined the ranks of the Foster Flunkies, huh? :p I would love to see pics of Scout. Does he realize yet just how special he is to have been chosen by you?

I know that while you were walking in that park, Dex paused in his joyous pursuits to walk with you, knowing you needed to feel his presence there. I also know that he is so proud you are his mom, that your heart is big enough to love Eric and now Scout yet still hold him so dear and so close.

Take care and do post some pics when you can. I can only imagine how much Isabelle has grown!

Hugs,
Leslie