PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for March 2011

mytil
03-02-2011, 06:26 AM
"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

Mackey's Mom
03-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Just wanted to post a note to share Max's (Big Mackey) 10th birthday today!!! :D:D

We were told he wouldn't make it to this age, he almost didn't make it several times in his younger years. Thanks to his brave and loving heart, the love of his family, and the help of people like you all, he is here and he is a happy boy!

He is still in remission...still has some issues...but he is happy. His sister, Sophie, was, as you know, diagnosed with Cushing's a few months back. We have stopped her medication due to the difficulty in getting it into her, but have found that she is not symptomatic at this time. Her energy is up, she is eating better, and she has some life in those old-girl eyes. We will take it day-by-day...I am following my gut instincts about her and Max.

So, thank you all -- and a very Happy Birthday to my very favorite boy, the love of my life, my chunky monkey. Every day I have you is a blessing!

Lori and the fur-kids :)

bernie47
03-10-2011, 04:26 AM
;) Natcho and i are still around.. she is on sash's blend at the moment ,
jumping around like a new puppy in the mornings ..
I believe its similar to Durlactin , which is unavailable in W Australia .
Perth has had its hottest and driest summer on record ..:eek:
Its been 4 months since i lost Ebonie ...and i sure do miss her ..and Natcho seems to perk her ears up if name mentioned . (((hugs))) to all the people caring for their cush babies ..may god bless you all .
Catherine & Natcho ...

The Sashas Blend free information kit is a starter pack for new and future users ... Sashas Blend™, Australia's favourite joint health treatment for dogs, ...
www.sash (http://www.%3Cb%3Esash%3C/b%3E)asblend.com.au/ - Cached (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:u9-JPPU6qhcJ:www.sashasblend.com.au/+sashes+blend+.com.au&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com.au) - Similar (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=O5H&pwst=1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=related:www.sashasblend.com.au/+sashasblend.com.au&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=x5V4TcDzNYK8uwOWkcXwBw&ved=0CCMQHzAA)