View Full Version : Once There Was "Kira and Mira" Video

Altira
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Please watch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziGt6b-skNg

BestBuddy
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Janis,

What a beautiful tribute. Those pictures are just precious. No one can take your memories.

Jenny

destinylee75
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
So beautiful, thank you for sharing. I am so sorry for your loss.

frijole
02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Oh Janis, I have this big lump in my throat right now. Those two were truly best friends and it was so obvious in those photos... what fun they had together... And what an adventurous life dear Mira led. I know.. way too short.. but man she had some fun in your house - it shows. So know that with all your heart.

I lost my Haley last May and I haven't had the strength to look at many photos yet. I know Annie misses her so much and those photos of Kira and Mira reminded me of the special bond these creatures have for each other. Thanks for sharing that. Wonderful tribute. RIP Mira. Fly high and run free of pain. Kim

loshie
02-08-2011, 11:31 PM
That was so beautiful - you can feel the love they had for each other. I'm positive Mira's spirit is around you and Kira often.

Casey's Mom
02-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Janis how beautiful! Your dogs did indeed share a very special bond and you have made a wonderful tribute - I am typing through the tears.

Fly free sweet Mira

Love and hugs,

Squirt's Mom
02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Dear Janis,

That is a beautiful video of your precious baby girls. Their love for each other is so obvious even when Mira was a puppy. And the love and pride shining from your eyes says it all.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls - always

Altira
02-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Thank you everyone. We all lived Mira's death together (you and me) and Kira's ordeal too for that matter. It meant so much to me. So maybe this video has specail meaning for others. I wanted you to see them together. It was the best match we ever had. Yeah right from the start. We lost so much way to soon. Shed a lot of tears through this. Thank you so much to all of you who watched. "Heal me from all this sorrow, as I let you go. I will find my way, I will sacrifice. Now I'm living, in your afterglow..."

labblab
02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Oh Janis, your wonderful tribute does hold such special meaning! Such beautiful girls, such beautiful spirits. It must be so painful for this chapter to close in all of your lives. But never to be forgotten, and always to be cherished.

Once there was Kira and Mira here on earth. Forever there will be Kira and Mira in your heart and your memories.

Thank you so much for sharing the gift of their spirits with us, Janis. And please give Kira and Neeka a special hug for me tonight.

And many hugs to you, as well. ;)
Marianne

Altira
02-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Sob... Yeah "Once there was..." I'll never forget that. For awhile, for seven years. Two times they had angry words. That's it. Lots of discussions but they only fought twice. And that was over before I could get there.

Altira
02-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Funny story about the second and last fight:

I was in the sewing room stuck back in the corner and I heard this horrible dog fight going on in my kitchen. What the heck? I fought my way out of the corner and dashed for the kitchen. The ruckus had long since ended. I looked in the kitchen and almost DIED LAUGHING. There stood Mira over her food bowl with this giant pout on her face. There was dry dog food kibble spread all over the floor. Six feet in every direction. Mira is looking right at me and her expression said loud and clear "tell her to stay away from MY BOWL". Like she had every right to be pissed. Well, I'm sure she did. Kira, "our cushings dog" was forever eating Miras food. Mira normaly never cared, she never was a big eater. Half the time she's just laying there watching Kira eat her food and could care less. Well today was different, today she cared and she was pissed. Poor Mira I had to look away cus I was laughing at the look on her face. That's when I noticed kira walking out of the kitchen feirsly pawing at her face. Oh no, she got hurt. I rushed to her and looked closely at her face. I didn't see a thing. She quit the kitchen. I turned back to Mira. She hadn't moved, she just stood there stiff legged over her bowl with this giant pout on her face and her food everywhere. Don't you dare get mad at me mom it was her fault. Poor Mira. Kira had it coming I'm sure.

A couple days later I discovered Mira had bitten Kiras ear. I will never forget the look on Mira's face that day. It was so funny.