PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Zo

zoesmom
09-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Zoe - Since today is National Pet Memorial Day and tomorrow will be six months since you left us, I just wanted you to know that we miss you more than words can say. And those are still the only words I can write before the eyes fill up and the screen grows blurry. Someday, I hope to be able to post a fitting tribute here to you, my brown-eyed girl. Hugs and kisses from Mom and Dad

Carol G
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Sue,

I understand.

Carol

PS -- You've prompted me to do the same for Winnie & McGill

littleone1
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
(((HUGS))) Sue.

mytil
09-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh Sue,

I know the words will come out one day --- they are in your heart waiting until the right time.

((((Big hugs))))
Terry

bkdice
09-16-2010, 10:37 AM
The six month mark is hard. I hadn't expected it to be so difficult. Sending positive thoughts....

clydetheboosmom
10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
((hugs))

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

Casey's Mom
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Hugs to you and your hubby Sue, it must be a very hard time for you.

We are here for you,

apollo6
11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
The picture you have of Zoe as your heading is beautiful. Lost but never forgotten. Always in our hearts.
Warm thoughts of you as you grieve.
Hugs Sonja and Apollo.

Mackey's Mom
11-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I love that picture of Zoe...I wish I could've met her "in person." Hugs...

Lori and Maxwell Joseph

we3dogs
11-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Thinking of you - Joyce

zoesmom
12-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Dear Zoe -

I can't believe it's been a whole year since that awful last December when you came down with that bad case of CVS and I spent most of the month crying and wondering if you'd recover enough to be able to spend Christmas at Stacy's. I knew at the time, deep down in my heart, that either way, it would probably be your last Christmas and my heart still breaks that we weren't able to share it with you. But we came home and you'd fought through it, giving us another two months with you. I've scoured the house, looking for your "Good Doggy" Christmas stocking. I wanted to hang it by the fireplace as a remembrance of you this year. (And the extra one for Cooky, even though she hasn't quite reached the 'Good Doggy' status yet - she needs a bit more work for that). But both stockings are missing. Makes me even sadder. I've posted new pictures of Cooky, wearing the infamous Xmas bow - that you and KC always tolerated so graciously. I still think that you, my dear girl, wore it best. Miss you and luv you, always. Luv Mom, Dad, and Cooky

Here's what Cooky looks like, wearing your pretty red bow. (The reindeer ears are a bit too big for her BC head.)
http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=52

littleone1
12-23-2010, 12:48 PM
You're in my thoughts, Sue.

(((HUGS)))

Terri

addy
12-23-2010, 01:22 PM
What wonderful photos Sue. I especially love the ghosts.:)

I sure hope you find the stockings, I am sure they will turn up somewhere.

I know how much I will miss my Zoe so can't imagine how much you must miss your Zo. There is just something about those Zoes.:) Some day when you can write more words, I sure would like to hear more about your Zoe.

All my best to you and yours durring the holidays.

Addy

forscooter
12-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Sue,

Feeling your pain :(...and I hope you find the stockings! Finding Bailey's let out a huge cascade of sobs, and then Marko's my husband's doggie who passed so unexpectedly in June...lots of "firsts" this year...we hung the stockings together in our bedroom. I wish you could find your's!

Which Saint are we supposed to pray to to help find things? I'm not Catholic but I will try anything to help you!!

Sending big huge hugs to you!!!!! Love ya tons....Beth

littleone1
12-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Beth, Saint Anthony is the finder of lost things.

forscooter
12-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Ah yes, thank you, Terri!!!:)

I have St. Joseph in my yard trying to sell my house and I am getting really confused! :p

Put that mixed in with my scrambled brain and it isn't pretty. So, a major talk with St. Anthony for you tonight Sue to bring you to those stockings bc I know how much they mean...

Love you...Beth

Roxee's Dad
12-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Dear Sue,

Special (((Hugs))) to you and holding a special place in my heart for my little hero ...Zoe.

zoesmom
03-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Has it really been a whole year since that black Saturday, March 13, 2010, when we had to let you go, sweet Zo? We knew that morning that you were ready for that last goodbye , but we had to wait the whole day, until 4 o'clock in the afternoon, to grant you what you needed. It was unbearable for us, but as always, you faced it with bravery and dignity. I miss you oh so very much.

God knew that you were suffering.
That the hills were hard to climb
So He gently closed your eyelids
And whispered "Peace be thine."
In tears we watched you sinking
We watched you fade away
Our hearts were surely broken
You fought so hard to stay

But when we saw you sleeping
So peaceful, free from pain
We could not wish you back
To suffer that again
It broke our hearts to lose you
But you did not go alone
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home

Harley PoMMom
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Thinking of you and sweet Zoe with love.

Sending big (((hugs))),
Lori

SachiMom
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Sue,
Your poem is so beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes, but understanding to my heart.
Big Hugs.
~Mary Ann

frijole
03-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Ah Sue that is lovely and it gave me solace also... I had a "Haley" day yesterday. Thanks for sharing that. Hugs and much love, Kim

labblab
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Sue, your poem touches my heart. Sending you many hugs as I hold tight to warmest thoughts of our girl (and also my bestest boy who is giving her a run for her money as they romp together this bright morning...).

Marianne

Squirt's Mom
03-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Dear Sue,

A beautiful, touching poem for your precious Zo. May peace attend you all in the days ahead.

Hugs,
Leslie and the gang

sunimist
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Thinking of you with love and prayers, Sue. We all miss our sweet Zo.

Sabre's Mum
03-13-2011, 07:07 PM
A beautiful poem. Thinking of you and Zoe.
Angela and Flynn

clydetheboosmom
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Ah, Sue -

((hugs)) to you. Zoe was an inspiration to me, and you such a comfort. I wish I could give that back to you in spades.

Love,

Lynne, Bailey and Angel Clyde