PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room?

SavingSimon
07-10-2010, 06:27 PM
I think this is the "everything else and how to thread" I hope ... I have a few seconds, and just wondered if the people of these forums would be interested in a chat room? I know I would love it, it might be nice for those of us that can't sleep. To the administrators, I think I found a free version, that could be fairly easily incorporated into the site at http://www.addonchat.com/features.html
I understand you might have concerns about it being monitored, etc. but I think some of the concerns are even addressed at the website above. Anyway, just a thought ... just wondering if people are interested. And if the administrators already considered this and decided no, I am sorry for bringing it up. It might be a thought worth revisiting though - you could make it so that only certain members (ones that have a certain number of posts or something) have access, so that way you know that there is nothing bad going on there - just people that can't sleep because they are so worried talking to each other about their lives and their dogs. If I am the only one interested, then please ignore this! :-)

labblab
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Dena! :)

I surely understand why the possibility of a chat room holds a great deal of appeal. But you've pretty much hit two "nails" right on the head: software issues and monitoring issues. But the staff members here will certainly consider your suggestion, and get back with you once we've had the chance to "talk amongst ourselves..."

Marianne

SavingSimon
07-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Dena! :)

I surely understand why the possibility of a chat room holds a great deal of appeal. But you've pretty much hit two "nails" right on the head: software issues and monitoring issues. But the staff members here will certainly consider your suggestion, and get back with you once we've had the chance to "talk amongst ourselves..."

Marianne

Cool Marianne, thanks for that! Hopefully with so many other forums out there facing the same problems, there are safeguards in place now that may not have been when you all first considered it. But if not, I certainly will understand. And since I brought it up, of course, I will volunteer my help - for example if the ideal chat room is just cost prohibitive, I could help with the cost, and if you need people to volunteer time, I will do that as well, although I know I may be too new to even go in the chat room yet if you all end up doing one, LOL! I do thank you for considering it again either way! :)