PDA

View Full Version : Otis

lulusmom
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
It was one year ago today that I released Otis from his pain. His pain is gone but mine still remains. There's been very few days since then that I haven't thought about my little guy with tears in my eyes and an ache in my heart.

Otis was an older gent who had been neglected for most of his life and was thrown away by his owner when he become too much trouble. He had lost most of his hair, had very few teeth, walked like a crab due to life long luxated patellas and gnarly paws with toenails that had never been clipped. Yet despite the years of abuse and neglect by humans, he held no grudges and was as sweet as can be with every human he met. He may have looked pitiful but he had a heart and spirit as big as any dog I've ever known.

474 Otis in a cold kennel at the shelter the day before we rescued him.

He was our little boy for only a year but it seemed like he had always been part of our family. Otis spent the last year of his life being showered with love. He spent his days with me in his very favorite place, the crook of my arm, safe from all the horrible memories. He had terrible separation anxiety which I catered to instead of trying to correct and I have not one iota of regret. My sweet boy spent the last year of his life being carted around, spoiled rotten and so very loved.

475 Otis in the warmth of his new family smiling up at me.

ODE TO OTIS
God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered "come to me." With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away. Although I loved you dearly, I could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, tiny paws now lay at rest. God broke my heart to prove to me, He only ...takes the BEST.

Rest in peace my sweet little Pommie Angel. Mommy and daddy love you.

Roxee's Dad
06-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Rest in Peace Sweet Boy.

I remember with with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes.

Dollydog
06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Glynda.....I remember when you got him and know how well you cared for him....it's hard to believe he's been gone a whole year....rest in peace little angel...
Jo-Ann

sunimist
06-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Glynda, I will never forget that sweet face. It is stamped on my heart.
Hope you have had more sweet memories than bad today.

Misty's anniversary is next month and I sure do dread it. Doesn't seem possible.

R.I.P. sweet Otis. You will be loved and remembered forever.

Harley PoMMom
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh Glynda,

Big hugs to you and Gil. I remember too. And I hope that knowing the time Otis had with you was the happiest he was and the most loved he ever felt, hopefully knowing that does bring you both some comfort.

Peace sweet Otis

Love and hugs,
Lori

frijole
06-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Ah dear Otis....what a complete sweety he was. RIP our sweet angel and know you are missed and loved. Aunt Kim

BestBuddy
06-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Such a big heart for such a little dog. He is missed but that last year of his life must have felt like a beautiful dream to him.

Jen

SachiMom
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Glynda,

He still is a special angel. As are you in helping so many of the neglected babies.

Your Ode to Otis is so touching and so fitting.
It brings tears to my eyes, while saying everything in our hearts.
Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Luv & Hugs ~ Mary Ann

mytil
06-13-2010, 10:59 PM
((((((hugs)))))) Glynda.

labblab
06-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Otis has owned a piece of my own heart ever since you introduced him to us, Glynda. I will never forget him, nor how grateful I am that he spent that grand year in your loving care.

Always in loving memory,
Marianne

gpgscott
06-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you Glynda for reminding us of little 'O'

We are all here because we care for little ones who cannot care for themselves, but you care for those who cannot care for themselves and then are abused.

I love you Glynda, and all of the little ones you give a piece of your heart to.

Scott

Casey's Mom
06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Glynda you were a wonderful mom to Otis - I see what you do for so many little ones - bless you. You must feel a very big ache after having him constantly with you but what a wonderful last year you gave to that little man.

RIP sweet little boy.

Love and many hugs,

ChristyA
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Glynda you've got me crying. :( I remember when you rescued Otis. He was a lucky little guy. I'll tell you what, you've got the biggest heart of anyone I know when it comes to these little love bugs and they are so lucky when they come into your life.
God Bless You!
Christy

lulusmom
06-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Thank you all so very much for your heartfelt sentiments and for keeping my little guy's memory alive. You have no idea how much that means to me. Isn't it amazing how we come to love each other's babies through each other? It's even more amazing that the pain of every loss is like a stab in the heart that is felt across the continents. It's at times like this that I know how very fortunate I am to have my family here. I love you all and your sweet, sweet pups.

Hugs all around,
Glynda

lleigh
06-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Glynda,

I remember when you rescued and opened your heart and home to dear little Otis. You are one very brave, special person and he was one very lucky little guy that he was yours at the end. I'll just bet he is still smiling.

Lyn