PDA

View Full Version : Memorial day

Bichonluver3
05-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi!

Just wanted to acknowledge Memorial Day on behalf of my Dad who died in January, 2010 at 93 years old and who served in the Royal Canadian Air Force as a pilot/navigator during World War 11.

My youngest son (my Valentine's baby, 24y.o.), is currently serving in the US Navy (we are American citizens now) as a Naval Aviator aboard the USNS Carl Brashear somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

As I honor our past and lost military on Monday, I will pray for all our present military. God speed.

Carrol

"The only thing harder than being a sailor is loving one".

Wally P's Mom
05-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Thank you to your family for its service to our country and Canada. Thank you to you for your sharing your family with us as they defend our freedoms.

Marge

lulusmom
05-30-2010, 11:27 AM
My dad was a Pharmacists Mate in the Navy. He passed away on January 28, 1985 at the age of 61. He was a hero in the eyes of his country but he was an even greater hero to me and the rest of the family. I love you dad.

A soldier is someone, who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life.

Bichonluver3
05-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi Lulusmom!

I know how proud you must be of your Dad because I am so proud of mine. They embarked on a voyage that changed their lives forever. They, and we, were all the better for it. You are right. It is a debt we can never begin to repay.

I now pray for my son's safe return in 3 years. As a pilot, he has a 10 year commitment (counted from when they receive their wings). He has served 2 out of the 10.

He is, of course, is at the beck and call of the Navy so I am never sure when I may see him again. When his 10 years is up, I will be 72 years old! Maybe the world will be a better place by then.

I have thought about how life would have been had he chosen another path and could have a home and family nearby. But that is selfish of me and that is not what was in Josh's heart. He has wanted to fly since he could talk and wanted to perhaps, one day, be an astronaut. His focus never wavered.

I love him more than life itself and just want him home safe again. It is incredible how you can miss a hug.

All our military folks are special - every one of them. At Joshua's winging, one of the senior officers who spoke said, "Take a look. You are looking at the best America has to offer. You are looking at the cream of the crop." As I looked at all the young faces up there, I felt so proud of all of them. No, we needn't worry about the youth of today. We are in good hands.

This Memorial Day, let's all say a silent prayer for all our military and their families who were lost and those who are, even now, being lost.

To our military who are serving now, we owe you big time. You are, indeed the best of the best. Thank you.
Carrol