PDA

View Full Version : Sage advice for dog blending

H-man
05-24-2010, 08:07 AM
:D I need to share this. Since my darling Princess Patsy went to chase bunnies on a different, non earthly plane, i've been searching for a connection to her. In the process of searching i found out much about myself and have discovered a spiritual depth to myself I didnt know I had. I learn about direct connection to my guide and teachers through a medium and we get lectures on all sorts of things. This week it was Bullying.
Well, Harry was failing fast when Patsy went, so along came Izzy a 7 year old tiny australian silky cross with so much hardship written all over her. They got along fine for a few seconds then it became a battle to get my attention. We're now 9 months down the track and doddery old Harry gets attacked if he's near me or near Izzy's food. so I asked my spirit teacher this week what to do about it.
He told me this: Talk to your animal. Tell it you honour its strength, its resilience through hardship, that it is a truly beautiful animal and makes a wonderful boss dog. That you love it so much but you also love it equally to this other dog, and now you are going to say the same to the other dog. Pick up the other dog and stroke it, tell it how much you love it and that it too is a wonderful boss dog, but they are both equal. It WILL work he said. Talk to your animal and recognise its sacrifice to be with you, its strength and ability. Do not exclude the one that bullies, but rather treat them both equally.

So I put their food bowls back in the same place in the hall, just a metre apart from each other. I got their food ready then picked Izzy up and stroked her, calmed her down then talked to her just as he said. She looked at me dead in the eye, quite taken aback and surprised, but kind of calm acceptance was there. i put her down and picked up Harry and went through the same process. Then I put their bowls down and watched them eat peacefullly together for the first time in 9 months. At the end of the meal, Harry walked right past Izzy and she paid him no notice at all. He went off to bed as if she didnt exist. I had to sit down, couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Izzy then took herself out the dog door and did her business - previously she would just squat on the kitchen floor and I would tear my hair out.

We went through the process again when I went to bed as they always had a fight over beds. Again, the same stunned reaction then quiet aquiescence as they climbed into their beds happily.

It's been 2 days now and so far I've given 3 doses of the sage advice. There's lots of love going into them at the same time, Izzy is getting included in everything and I touch her as much as I can. She is a different dog and I've thrown the dog obedience manual out.

i just wanted to share that. :)

Wendy, Harry & Izzy with Princess Patsy always with us xxxx

sunimist
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm blown away! How interesting! Anxious for more!

Shelba and Suni

Harley PoMMom
05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I am totally fascinated and amazed!...please keep us updated!

Love and hugs,
Lori

H-man
05-26-2010, 03:26 AM
Well, we still have a peaceful household. no more piddling on each other's placemats and no clumps of hair down the hall when I get home. I've been talking to both of them all the time, telling them where Im going and what's next.
Last night we went to the park for the first time since they've been in therapy. Izzy usually pretends to be a nice dog until another one comes up and sniffs her, at which point she turns on them with a shrieking holler and they run away. So this time when we got near some dogs I picked her up, did the boss dog lecture, then put her down and watched. She just wandered amongst them placidly - There were shocked faces all round as the other dog owners know her antics well. She didn't play, but seemed quite at ease just being near and being sniffed.
Just amazing.
Wendy

ChristyA
05-29-2010, 09:11 AM
This is very interesting.

Bichonluver3
05-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Wow!! I've got to try this. Miss Chloe has 2 brothers: 6 yrs & 3 yrs. The older male was the dominant male when we got the younger one (at 1 y.o.) and the younger just followed him around. This went on for about 2 yrs. All of a sudden the younger one started challenging the older by growling regarding food, crate etc. Then I realized why - the "baby" had "grown up" and wanted to be boss!
Thanks for the info. This just might work.
Carrol:D

zoesmom
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Wendy -

I'm totally a believer, in this and anything and everything having to do with the psychic/parapsychology world. I will definitely try out your experiment, if and when I have two pups who are at odds. Now, I just have to share what happened in my family, this last week. Will go post the story in Zoe's thread - don't want to 'hi-jack' this one. Sue

Roxee's Dad
06-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi Wendy,
Found your post quite interesting. I'm a long time believer of mental energy. Started when I read the book by Shatki Gwain (Creative Visualization) been a follower ever since and when I feel myself falling away, I pick up the book again to once again ground myself. The book is a bit tattered as it's over 20 years old :)

When we first received our Roxee and Rozee, I used to play hooky from work to stay home and play with them :o:p:) I was wondering how I was going to teach them their names. So I picked up Roxee while I was laying on my back and just looked her in the eyes and kept repeating "your name is Roxee" over and over, did the same with Rozee and wouldn't you know it, at less than 10 weeks old, they both knew their names. Coincidence or mental energy ???? I'll never know but I always want to believe they were just smarter than most :D