PDA

View Full Version : The most beautiful sound in the world.....

Dollydog
05-23-2010, 09:43 AM
is the clicking nails of a healthy 16 pound terrier on the floor as she moves to see what's happening!!! And they belong to a gorgeous Cairn terrier, Victoria, with a black teddy-bear face, black legs and a brindle color body! How I've missed that sound....it's been so long since we've heard it.

She's also the reason that I didn't get to meet up with Leslie and Stephanie and their furbabies, and visit Nashville this winter. We re-routed our trip home from Florida by way of I-95/I-81 into southern Ontario to visit with a lovely Cairn terrier breeder and her husband whom we met in FL in January. They had 3 of their Cairns with them but not Victoria. They felt that she would be a perfect fit for us and that she would thrive in our home. (The couple are facing some serious health issues which may force them to re-home their dogs in the future) So we met Victoria at the end of March and loved her. We went back to pick her up on the Mother's Day weekend and had a lovely visit with our new friends.

She has fit into our household as if she was here all her life....she's 7 1/2 years old and has the total opposite personality from Lady. It's a real treat to have a dog who gets along with people and other dogs. I can't believe how easy a healthy dog is to look after! She loves our yard and will watch a particular hole for 5-10 minutes, just waiting for the chipmunk to appear. She is an excellent walker and loves to sniff every blade of grass on the area around the soccer field. She also LOVES, LOVES to cuddle. She'a also an excellent traveller....her first 2 days with us were spent on the road coming home.

It's been quite a journey these last few months but well worth the wait. I'll have to get pictures of her for you all to see...and that will take some time :confused:
But for now it's time to go for our little teddy-bear's walk! :D

Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel & Victoria :)

mytil
05-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh Jo-Ann,

I am so very happy for you, and Victoria!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait to see those photos.

Smiling ((((hugs))))
Terry

labblab
05-23-2010, 10:16 AM
OH JO-ANN!!!!!! :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

My heart is singing for you this morning! :p

Another journey begins, more love unfolds. You heart expands to surround another sweet spirit.

In loving celebration of Dolly, and in loving welcome to Victoria. :o :)

So many (((hugs))),
Marianne

zoesmom
05-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Jo-Ann-

WHOOOOOOOPPPEEEEEEE! How wonderful for you. :D:D:D Victoria sounds like a joy and I know she will have such a special life with you. Will be watching for those pictures. Sue

Harley PoMMom
05-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Oh Jo-Ann!!

I am beaming ear to ear! :D because I am just so very happy for you both! Can't wait to see some pictures of Victoria!

Love and hugs,
Lori

Squirt's Mom
05-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Dear Jo-Ann,

I am so excited to know that Victoria is home with you at last! :D You are exactly what each other needs and I know she will fill your heart with joy and your life with adventure. Cairns are wonderful little pups and she will bring much laughter into your world.

What wonderful news! I am so very happy for you all!
Love,
Leslie

maggiebeagle
05-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I missed that sound too when I lost my Maggie. I have it back now, although a somewhat faster pace since Cailey is a perpetual motion puppy.
Enjoy!!!

BestBuddy
05-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Jo Ann,

I am just so happy for you. Those clicking nails must sound like the most beautiful wound in the world.

Jenny

ladysmom06
05-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Jo-Ann,

I am so so happy for you :D:D:D:D:D:D. Looking forward to seeing pics of your sweet little girl. Hugs to you and your new bundle of joy.

Carol G
05-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Oh Jo-Ann, what wonderful news!

Carol

H-man
05-24-2010, 08:11 AM
Mwah!! jo-ann that's fabulous! Cairns are just the best (my Princess was one)
Enjoy all you've been gifted xxx Wendy

acushdogsmom
05-24-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm so happy for you Jo-Ann! And lucky little Victoria, you are gettin' one of the best new homes in the whole wide world! :D

Casey's Mom
05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Wonderful news Jo-Ann. Lucky Victoria! I love Cairns - they have amazing personalities. Beware though - they will chase chipmunks and squirrels and not look out for whatever stands in their way.

Love and hugs to your and Victoria!