PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Greenies Pill Pockets - Odd!

clydetheboosmom
05-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi -

So, I routinely buy Greenies pill pockets to give Clyde and Bailey their various supplements and medications, and I purchased a larger bag of the Beef Capsule ones for Clyde for his antibiotics. I am just about to the end of the bag, and I pull one out to load it, and when I pulled it apart there were three pills in it already! And they looked old...and not like Clyde's meds.

I was concerned enough to call the company, and they are pretty upset...I kept the pocket and will mail to to them so they can see it.

Crazy, huh?

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

frijole
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Bizarre! I use them now too and they are great... Let us know what they say. :confused:

clydetheboosmom
05-14-2010, 01:53 PM
So, I heard back from Nutro - turns out it was a peanut in the pocket...(sure didn't look like one) - they were still pretty upset about it since they don't use peanuts in their production.

To their credit, they took this whole thing very seriously, and are reimbursing me for the pockets, sending me free vouchers for treats, and postage.

So....can't say they don't care!

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

MiniSchnauzerMom
05-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Wow! It's scary that something managed to get in there that didn't belong. You never know these days.

I am glad the company is taking this matter seriously and treating you, the consumer, with respect and doing right by you and your pups.

Louise

ChristyA
05-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Wow, that is weird. We use mini marshmallows and put the pills in the middle. They stick and go down quick. I think they are cheaper than the Pill Pockets too. Our vet suggested we try them.
Christy

AlisonandMia
05-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Cream cheese with the right texture is great too.

With the pill pockets, it sounds like some sort of post-marketing tampering! Yikes!:eek::eek::eek: Is breaking them open part of using them? I'm hoping it is. (I've never actually used or even seen a pill pocket.)

It is great to see a company behaving so professionally and responsibly though.

Alison

frijole
05-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Alison - I used cream cheese and it really is the easiest because you don't have to use a ton of it and you can easily roll it up into a ball. However, Haley caught onto it and won't eat cream cheese any more... then the same thing with peanut butter... so we went to these things.

They come in different sizes depending on the pill/capsule. Different flavors (beef, chicken). I bought the cat ones for tiny doses.

They have an opening for you to slide the pill into and then you seal it so they can't smell it. Right now the two of them are on so much medication I take one of the big ones and flatten it and tear off the amount I need for the different pills - last longer that way.

Haley has caught onto this as well. Her nose still works great! But if she is starved she will still eat the pills. Proin she hates the most.