PDA

View Full Version : How to post profile pic

katiesmom
04-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I noticed beside your names that you have pics for your profiles...would love to add a pic for my profile....just have no idea how to do it.:confused:
Thanks Cathy

acushdogsmom
04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
The pic beside the username is called an "avatar". :)

Go to your "User CP" (upper left corner)

Then, click on "Edit Avatar" under "Settings and Options", put a dot in the little circle next to "Custom Avatar" and follow directions in the box for uploading a custom avatar. :)

Although you can use an image that is posted on any website, most of us use Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer.

SavingSimon
06-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Is there a way I can make the pictures on my computer smaller, so that I can use them for an avatar? All of my pictures of Simon are too big to use. :(

acushdogsmom
06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
I know that it says (during the upload avatar process, just under where you can browse the photos on your computer)
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller). But I think that our messageboard software can and does automatically resize some photos. I just tried to upload another photo as my avatar. It was an 802 KB picture, and it worked. It took a little longer than it does with a very small photo, but I was able to upload the photo as my avatar, and after being uploaded as an avatar, I checked the picture properties again, and the avatar pic was indeed only 100 by 100 pixels and less than 19 KB.

So if you haven't actually tried to upload a larger photo as your avatar, try it.

If it still doesn't work, post here again and we'll see what we can do to get an avatar photo up for you. :)

SavingSimon
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I know that it says (during the upload avatar process, just under where you can browse the photos on your computer) But I think that our messageboard software can and does automatically resize some photos. I just tried to upload another photo as my avatar. It was an 802 KB picture, and it worked. It took a little longer than it does with a very small photo, but I was able to upload the photo as my avatar, and after being uploaded as an avatar, I checked the picture properties again, and the avatar pic was indeed only 100 by 100 pixels and less than 19 KB.

So if you haven't actually tried to upload a larger photo as your avatar, try it.

If it still doesn't work, post here again and we'll see what we can do to get an avatar photo up for you. :)

Thanks for the help. Right now the computer with the pictures isn't working, but I will try again. I think that it did work, but it made it so that Simon was too tiny to see. I may just try taking a new picture soon. Either way, I should have one up soon. THANK YOU for the help and suggestions!

Love,
T.S.D. & Simon

Sheri
06-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi, I 'm new here too. I am unable to post a pic. I'll figure it out.:p Just thought I'd say hello.