PDA

View Full Version : Meet Jiao

lulusmom
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Many of you know that I am very involved with rescue work and once in a while, I share stories of special babies I come to love. This baby's name is Jiao and he was born in Taiwan a little less than a year ago. He's been through trauma after trauma in his very short life yet is as loving as a pup that's been showered with love since birth. It's believed that Jiao's back legs were mangled by a car and his owner left him tied to a bridge to die a slow death. Nobody knows how long he was tethered to that pole but when found, he was emaciated and his legs were bleeding badly from dragging them around. Some wonderful people from TUAPA, a rescue with 1,000 dogs in their little shelter found him, nursed him back to health and did a severe amputation of both hind legs. Despite the horrors and pain this sweet baby has suffered, he loves everybody he meets but like me, he's still a little wary of men. :D

Mutts N Stuff answered TUAPA's pleas and agreed to take Jiao, rehabilitate him and find him a forever home. He flew to L.A. International where he was scooped up in the loving arms of a volunteer and he's been showered with love for the last two months. Jiao got his new wheels, made and donated by Eddie's Wheels, last week and he took to it like a duck to water. He can fly like the wind without his cart but his little bum gets bad abrasions so he is only allowed to run in the grass. Jiao can walk like a dog again and he trots like the proudest of steeds in his new cart. I cried when I saw him for the time in his new hotrod. :)

We took Jiao to the Orange County Pet Expo over the weekend and he was a big hit. We were all excited to see that his mugshot showed up in the Orange County Register newspaper yesterday. He also got to meet Scooby Roo, the little dog without front legs that was rescued by Fuzzy Rescue and has been sponsored by celebrities like Michael Jackson's children. He also got to meet other handicapped doggies being cared for by Healing Hearts Sanctuary in Knabb, Utah (Best Friends). It was a huge day for Jiao and he was tuckered out and sleeping like a baby when I saw him last on Sunday night. Please check out Jiao's pictures in the OC Register link below:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/-244582--.html?pic=3

Roxee's Dad
04-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi Glynda,
Tears of sadness that this goes on but huge tears of happiness that he was rescued, saved and looks really happy in his new hot rod. :)

BestBuddy
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
What a wonderful pic. Jiao looks so at home with his wheels.

Jen