PDA

View Full Version : Orlando, FL

lulusmom
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm in beautiful Orlando, FL on business but am taking a few days at the end of the week to do some sight seeing. Epcot on Friday but Saturday is open. Just wondering if anybody has any tips?? Had a great meal at Bonefish Grill last night...it was awesome. Tonight is Christini's which I hear is fabulous. Of course, the high end eateries are on the company so I scarf like a pig. :D We're staying at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Club and Lodge and it's very pretty here. The guys are out golfing and us two girls just got back from the spa. I'm feeling like a wet noodle and don't know how I'm going to find the time to get ready for dinner. Life is good at the moment but Gil is feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the kids so he's really jealous.

Glynda

sunimist
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Awwww, the good life! :D Don't blame Gil for being jealous. I am too! :p

Harley PoMMom
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Just wondering if anybody has any tips?? Glynda

Sorry, I don't have any tips, but I am so happy to read that you are having a good time...you so deserve it!

Love and hugs,
Lori

Roxee's Dad
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Enjoy! Haven't been there in years so no recommendations from me. Sorry.

bkdice
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Indoor Skydiving http://www.skyventureorlando.com/

I used to skydive (about 400 jumps under my belt) and did a few hours of training in the tunnel during various trips. It is SO MUCH FUN and a bit safer (and less scary) for those that don't want to jump out of a plane, but taste flight. It's a really good time. :cool:

lulusmom
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I had a good friend in high school who went skydiving with her fiance shortly before graduation and her chute failed to open. I've never been interested in skydiving after that but I think this I could do. I have two other woman that are with me so I'm going to check with them to see if they are interested...it sounds like fun actually. Thanks for the link...I'll check it out.

Indoor Skydiving http://www.skyventureorlando.com/

I used to skydive (about 400 jumps under my belt) and did a few hours of training in the tunnel during various trips. It is SO MUCH FUN and a bit safer (and less scary) for those that don't want to jump out of a plane, but taste flight. It's a really good time. :cool:

Casey's Mom
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I have done a couple of skydives and I did check out the tunnel there in Orlando - very fun and safe!

I love spas and good food, sounds like you are having a blast!

bkdice
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh Glynda, I hope you guys go! It's truly an amazing experience! I think everyone should get the feeling of flying your body - be it in a tunnel or out of a plane. The scenery is better during a skydive... nothing like watching the sun go down under canopy... but I get why people may not want to fling themselves out of a plane. :D

I bet there are some dogs out there that would LOVE the wind tunnel! :) Much better than just putting your head out a window.

lulusmom
04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm waiting for the girls to get back from a golf outing and will see if they are up to the wind tunnel. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a dog in the area. I can always ask a complete stranger if I can take their dog in the wind tunnel with me. :D

BestBuddy
04-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I can tell you there is no way I would ever jump out of a plane and I am not sure I would even do the wind tunnel...but maybe.

My idea of fun would be wine, massage, wine, facial, wine, pedicure, wine, manicure and then food with a nice bottle of wine.:p

Jenny

bkdice
04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
wine, massage, wine, facial, wine, pedicure, wine, manicure and then food with a nice bottle of wine

this sounds more like what i indulge in now (we have a good sized wine collection). my jumping days are over - though my husband still jumps. i sold my gear to pay for niko's chemo - so one passion paid for another. :)