PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for April 2010

mytil
04-04-2010, 07:04 AM
We suspect that we have a good number of folks here who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well and they don't have any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply just to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

bernie47
04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Ebonie.. is going along as well as possible.. adjusting to lysodren.. loosing hair now ...not patches just all over and lost a little weight.. off to vet this week for her check up .
other wise eating and drinking as normal...plays with her toys..and barks at neighbors Alsatian through the fence..
keep up good work all ..cheers Catherine..

Wally P's Mom
04-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Hello All:

Wally just had his lytes checked and his ratio was perfect. You may recall that Wally is Addisons now. He plays with his Hamster Toy and chases it around the house. Now that the weather is nice, he spends his days chasing bunnies around the yard.

Lady's nostril bleeds are under control. I have been following your advice and giving her saline nose drops twice a day. She rolls over and lets me place them up her nose daily. She still takes her YB twice a day. A friend goes to China Town and picks it up for me at a much reduced cost.

The pups are going to a conference with me and Mark at the end of the month. I will attend and Mark will stay with the hounds. Too many issues to board them. In May, they will take their annual vacation.

I do value each and every day that I have with them as I know each moment that I have is precious.

Have a terrific month.

Marge

January
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Hi,
Happy April everyone. Serena is doing OK and in fact, she just celebrated her eleventh birthday on April 3! It's a day I thought I might not see, so I am just thrilled. As far as her health goes, I think we have finally straightened out her thyroid supplementation. It was too high. Her stools are OK, but sometimes get too soft. I have been trying different dosages of the flagyl to see the minimum amount I can get away with. It seems to work, but also decreases her appetite so the less I give her the better. We will go back for more thyroid testing on the 23 so I will discuss with her vet other choices. She is maintaining her weight; still wish she could gain more. Her coat seems to be looking better, but that might be just wishful thinking. I have put some new pics of her and her brother Raffy and her toy birthday cake in her album. Please check them out if you have time.
As always, thanks to all of you for your support and comments. It makes such a difference.
January and Serena
P.S. Also posting in her old thread.

sarahbera1
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Rascal is doing well. Still not eating the way I would like. But he is an old man and just likes to be where ever we are, pretty much just lays around. Now that the weather is getting warmer here in RI, he likes to sunbathe. My little boy likes to play with him and he is soooooo gentle with Aidan. Hugs to all you guys.

Sarah, Rascal & Darla in Spirit :)

Loraine
04-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi all, I am still popping from time to time to check on you all.