PDA

View Full Version : Lady's Story (Lady Has Gone To The Bridge)

Wally P's Mom
03-21-2010, 01:24 AM
Hello Friends:

About a year and a half ago, we adopted a female doxie named Lady. She came to us from a friend.

In Feb. of this year, she began to have a nose bleed or should I say a nostril bleed. Yes, only one nostril. The first was easy to stop, I just let her out as it was cold in Chicago that time of the year. I took her to the vet. X-rays were taken and there was nothing up her nose. (Not even a rubber hose.) They did check her BP and it was high for a dog so she began to take high blood pressure medication. (Lucky for me I took out the family plan for the W card from Walgrens when Wally took lysoden.) That worked for a while, I took her to see my Mom and when we came home there was another bleed. Again the same nostril as before. The next night she bleed again. My kitchen looked like an ax murder had occurred. I covered her head with a beach towel and rushed her to the ER. Nothing was stopping the nostril from bleeding and it was bad. The ER gave her a shot of epinnephrine (?) and shoved some sealant up her nose. I was given some Yunan Binyoa or YB to stop the bleeding. I stayed awake the next several nights to keep my eye on her.

The following week a rhinoscopy was done. Nothing other than inflammation was discovered. The histology reports came back with no indication of cancer. The x-rays showed no cancer in the abdomen. The thought was maybe an NSAID that she was taking was the cause. There was no evidence of fungus or cancer. A sigh of relief.

One month to the date, she had another nostril bleed. Same one. I was able to get it to stop. She went back on YB and a couple of drops of a saline solution twice a day to keep the nose moist.

I have e-mailed her doctors and have had a long talk with the GP. With the tests done and the number of opinions given on the rhino pictures, I doubt if it is a cancer and thinking it could be environmental as we live near several chemical plants. The GP suggested that it could still be cancer, but very early in its stages and undetectable via rhino. The internist will probably call on Monday.

Like I said it is preplexing and I am sure some of you would offer suggestions. In the end,if it is cancer and it bleeds, there is a 90 day survivial rate if untreated and slightly longer if it is. I hate to say this, but if I can control her problem with what I am doing now. Let's do it. I can't really see having her go through a CT scan and another rhino. The stress would be horrific and what if it is cancer. Radiation and chemo would only prolong her life. I am always of the belief of quality and not quantity.

The strange part is only one nostril bleeds and it is always the same.

I do have her pictures from the rhinoscopy if anybody needs to view them. I won't post them because of the nature of them. You have taught me to get copies of everything. I now get copies of x-rays too if they can be placed on a disk.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I have been scratching my head over this for weeks. There is no nostril bleed forums for me to join.

By the way, her blood work is perfect.

Marge and the Hounds

StarDeb55
03-21-2010, 02:24 AM
Marge, even though you say Lady's bloodwork was perfect, this kind of bleeding frequently indicates a problem in the coagulation pathways in the body. Spontaneous bleeding from mucous membranes is often associated with a platelet problem. Either the platelet count is too low to effectively initiate a clot or the platelets aren't working right.

A platelet is the smallest blood cell in any mammals body. It's the first step in forming a blood clot. To give you the condensed version, the platelets become sticky, clump together, forming something like a spider web, which then allows for the remainder of the clotting factors to attach to form the blood clot. There are a couple of things that you might could talk to with the IMS taking care of Lady, what about her platelet counts, & some basic blood clotting tests, such as a protime & activated partial thromboplastin time. These should be only blood draws, so minimal stress. It's very possible that a problem with the platelet count may indicate the presence of a malignancy, but without further information, I'm simply speculating. If you do have a copy of a recent complete blood count (CBC), I would like to see all of the results, both normal & abnormal, including normal ranges.

I don't think I ever posted on Wally's thread, so to let you know, I'm a medical lab technologist with almost 30 years experience. I do work in Hematology specifically, so am very comfortable looking at these kinds of numbers.

Debbie

labblab
03-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Debbie, if it was a platelet problem, would it be more likely that Lady would be bleeding out of both nostrils, rather than always out of just one? Or would that not make a difference...

Marianne

StarDeb55
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Marianne, likely, but with spontaneous mucous membrane bleeding, it's hard to say.

Debbie

judymaggie
03-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Marge -- I can only offer my own personal experiences with nosebleeds. I started having spontaneous nosebleeds (just from one nostril) about two years ago. I know what you mean about the ax murder reference! After the third one occurred (while I was in a bookstore -- blood all over their carpet!), I headed to an ENT. I had all the blood tests that Debbie mentioned and they were all within normal ranges. I ended up having both nostrils cauterized due to inflamed blood vessels. More nosebleeds followed, again on the same side and a second round of cauterizations. I now religiously use saline solution twice a day on each side and, in spite of having to use the heat in the house this winter more than usual, I have avoided any more nosebleeds.

Since you live in Chicago and the nosebleeds started in the winter, I am thinking that the dry air might also be causing problems for Lady. I have no idea if cauterizations are used on dogs but it seems like we do share our conditions and treatments.

Wally P's Mom
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Wow. I knew I would get some great opinions. I do not have the ER blood results, but I will try to get them next week. The dry air theory has been suggested by our GP's and based upon what is being said here could still be a real possibility.

Thanks friends.

Marge

Harley PoMMom
03-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi Marge,

Does Lady sneeze or anything before these bleeding episodes?

My sister, Eva, had the same problem as mentioned by Judy, Eva was told that the blood vessels in her left nostril were too close to the surface and that every time she would sneeze hard or blow her nose hard, her left nostril would bleed like heck. Sometimes it would bleed for no apparent reason, and finally she had it cauterized. Eva does do the saline solution also.

Keeping you and Lady in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Lori

judymaggie
03-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Marge -- just had another thought -- what about using a humidifier in the room that Lady sleeps in? It certainly couldn't hurt and, if it is the dry air causing her bleeds, it might just add enough moisture into the air to alleviate them.

Wally P's Mom
03-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I was thinking about a whole house humidifier. I tried the little ones and had one leak all over the rug.

Lady has been reverse sneezing. It sounds like she is gasping for air, but it is a reverse sneeze. After the rhino., she sneezed every time she got excited. That has subsided, thankfully. The Yunnan Binyoa is a homeopathic drug/herb that does stop bleeding. She has taken that and been using something called Little Noses which is a saline solution for children.

I think we maybe very well onto to something here. Again, thank you all for your input. I wished I found you again weeks ago, because you may of saved us some trouble. But, at least we know what it isn't.

Marge

Wally P's Mom
03-26-2010, 02:03 AM
As promised, here are her blood tests results. The sample was pulled immediately after a nasty nose bleed.

WBC 29.00 5.50-16.90
LYM 2.74 0.5-4.9
MONO 2.11 0.3-2.0
NEU 23.42 2.0-12.0
EOS 0.71 0.1-1.49
BASO 0.02 0.0-0.1
%LYM 9.5
%MONO 7.3
%NEU 80.8
%BASO 0.1
HCT 40.3 37.0-55.0
RBC 5.14 5.5-8.5
HGB 13.6 12.0-18.0
RETIC% 1.0
MVC 78.5 60-77
RDW 16.0% 14.7-17.9
MCHC 33.7 30.0-37.5
MCH 26.48 18.5-30.00
PLT 395 175-500
MPV 9.23
PCT 0.4
PDW 17.6
ALB 3.6 2.5-4.4
ALP 169 20-150
ALT 33 10-118
AMY 696 200-1200
TBIL 0.7 0.1-0.6
BUN 24 7-25
CA 11.7 8.6-11.8
PHOS 5.3 2.9-6.6
CRE 0.8 0.3-1.4
GLU 144 60-110
NA 145 138-160
K 3.8 3.7-5.8
TP 6.1 5.4-8.2
GLOB 2.5 2.3-5.2

Sorry the list was so long, but it was a pretty comprehensive report. Debbie, if you don't mind, in your opinion, is there anything strange that you can see. I left off the units and I hope you don't mind. It is late and I am tired. If you need me to, I can add that later. In my profession,leaving off units is a big no-no. I am a chemist.

The IMS thinks there maybe something else happening as nose bleeds don't just happen. He still thinks it could be cancer but won't say it loudly.This is even after all the tests say no. If he had his way, there would be another rhino and a ct scan, but that costs big bucks. I am still in shock over her last bill.

I am tracking dew points and making note of her behavior. The scratching at her nose that was happening last week is over. She is taking her drops very well. I am almost ready to begin looking for a whole house humidifier as she has full run of our house and sleeps in many rooms.

The YB is working and so are the saline drops. Knock on wood...

Marge

StarDeb55
03-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Marge, the only red flag I see is a really high WBC count, along with a very elevated absolute neutrophil count. These values are indicative of a possible bacterial infection. Did the vet/s say anything about this? Was a UA done by any chance to see if Lady might have a UTI? Granted, this really has nothing to do with her nosebleeds, but with a WBC count that high, I would be investigating it further. Platelet count looks good, but that still doesn't mean that the platelets are working right.

Debbie

Wally P's Mom
03-26-2010, 10:38 AM
They (the ER vets) said that she was fighting an infection and placed her on an antibiotic for the weekend and the Monday, the internist took her off. That was it. Nothing more was said and done.

Marge

Wally P's Mom
04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Looking for ideas:

Hello All:

Lady is still having nose bleeds. She has had two this weekend alone. I have been using the saline solution twice a day and upped the YB to three. In the past 24 hours, Lady has had two. I have e-mailed her vet. I have been able to get each one to stop.

Marge

Wally P's Mom
04-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Hello.

I took Lady to the vet this morning after another restless night. Strange breathing and a grimmace on her face. For it being 3mos after this has begun, no signs of a tumor. A swab was done of her nostril and it showed a lot of inflammation. Antibiotics and YB 3'xs a day for a solid two weeks. We will see what will happen.

Marge

labblab
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Marge,

I am so sorry that I have no words of advice regarding Lady's nosebleeds, but I wanted you to know that I have been following Lady's story and hoping so much that things will settle down for you two.

I can only imagine how upsetting and worrisome this is for you! :( :(

Please give Lady some gentle hugs for me, and please do continue to update us.

With special hugs to you, too ~
Marianne

Wally P's Mom
04-13-2010, 05:04 AM
Hello All:

Been up and down all night with Lady. The doc said to give 24 hours for the antibiotics to work. I have been fighting little nose bleeds since 5:30pm yesterday with the last one an hour ago. She sleeps next to me with her paws up in the air on her back to keep the nose elevated. The quality of her life has changed dramatically in the last 24 hours.

I need to talk to Mark when he awakens in a little while. I have e-mailed the doctor and await for her reply this morning. My heart is breaking as I think of the decision that awaits us.

Marge

labblab
04-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Oh Marge, I'll be thinking of you and Lady from this moment on! I just woke up and am checking the forum -- I was so hoping that Lady would be better today. I'll be holding her in my prayers. Please let us know.

Marianne

frijole
04-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Marge, My heart goes out to you and Lady this a.m. I wish I had advice but I don't. Regardless you are doing all that you can. I will be thinking about you both. Hugs, Kim

lulusmom
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Marge, I wish there was something I could say or some words of wisdom that might help but I am coming up short. Please know, however, that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Glynda

sunimist
04-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Marge, I too wish desperately that I could dig up some answers and/or advice that would help little Lady, but unfotunately I have none. I do, however, have lots of hugs and prayers for you and Lady and seek God's intervention in making Lady better. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. Sweet Lady, we are praying for you.

(((((many hugs)))))

Shelba and Suni

Wally P's Mom
04-13-2010, 10:15 AM
9 am: Around 6am, I gave some Lil Noses as her breathing was congested. I heard back from her doctors, the first thinks there could be some irritation from yesterday and give her 24. The other thinks that we are prolonging things as frequent nose bleeds are not normal and we did as much as we could.

At this point, I still need my husband to understand and although he said he does, I doubt. The doctor is going to speak with him today.

I have made whatever arrangements I could. Just in case...

Now we wait another 24 and monitor the situation and of course pray.

Marge

labblab
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
The waiting and worrying must be so very hard for you, since you are having to witness Lady's discomfort throughout the day and night. My heart just goes out to you, Marge. But I support your wish to allow your husband a little more time to arrive at some closure about the situation. Just having one more day to come to terms with things may make a really meaningful difference to him.

And of course, I will be hoping against hope that perhaps Lady will rally through the course of the next few hours.

Continuing prayers and hugs coming your way,
Marianne

Harley PoMMom
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh Marge,

More prayers and hugs coming your way.

Love and (((hugs)))
Lori

BestBuddy
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Marge,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lady. I have never come across nose bleeds and hope I never do and have no idea what it is all about. I can only hope it is something that can be resolved.

Jenny

Wally P's Mom
04-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Friends:

We gave her the 24. my husband had a talk with the vet so he know understands.

The prayers and support from all is tremendous and I do not know what I would do without all of you.

I tossed a hail Mary tonight as Lady had dripped like a leaky faucet all day. At the vet's suggestion, I broke one of her YB capsules and placed it on the outer portion of her nose. We are three hours out and I ain't saying it as I am avoiding jinx. If there is success in stopping the bleeding, the appointment for the AM will be cancalled and the course of the antibiotics and YB will continue

Concern has been expressed about the stress of this with Wally and his Addison's. I told the Doc that as long as he gets his eggs, bacon, steak and rice, Wally is happy. I would worry more so after Lady was released.

Keep on wishing us well as this journey continues.

Marge

frijole
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Marge, Still here and keeping you, yours and Lady in my thoughts. You are doing a remarkable job. Another big hug, Kim

MiniSchnauzerMom
04-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Marge,

I wanted to join in and add my prayers for Lady. Please give her some gentle hugs and pets from me.

Louise

mytil
04-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Dearest Marge,

I too am pulling for your Lady. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

((((hugs))))
Terry

Wally P's Mom
04-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Hello Friends:

This morning we went to the vet. Applying the YB to the outside of her nose gave her the ability to have the blood clot. The blood changed from bright red to burgundy. The vet said this was not healing, but clotting. Somewhat of an improvement.To this 30mg pred was added to the regime. Her nose will either get better or worse.

We should know how things are by Saturday. So we have a new hurdle to cross.

This would be the last ditch effort in trying to save her. My head is just throbbing over all of this.

Thank you all again for your well wishes as they are helping all of us.

Marge

labblab
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Marge, thanks so much for this update. All fingers and paws crossed for significant improvement by Saturday. This waiting and watching must be so exhausting and draining. You are doing everything within your power to help Lady, and we will all be hoping for a miracle.

Marianne

gpgscott
04-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Marge,

I am just learning about this as I have been absent for a week or so.

I have no advice, but please add me to those hoping and praying for Lady and all her family.

Scott

Wally P's Mom
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Hello Scott and the rest of our Friends:

Scott, I had read Moria's memorial the morning we went to the vet to decide if Lady was to be released. I cried a river. I have read it over and over and still get something more each time I read it.

As for Lady, the Hail Mary worked. She is still with us as the pred and antibiotics have stopped the nose bleeds and reduced some inflammation. The goal now is to ween her off the pred slowly and keep an eye on her nose. We were told that this could start all over again and her problem may not be completely resolved. She may or may not have to stay on pred for the rest of her life. It depends on the nose bleeds. I know pred is not always the best answer, but in her case it may be the only. The doc told us if this reoccurs we are going to have to revisit the final option of releasing her.

So for Lady, we are going to live each day as if it were her last. Love her as much as we can and when we are called upon to love her enough to let her go.

Wally had his lytes checked today as the stress in the house has been overwhelming. He is OK. I try to keep his Addison's in check.
Stress for an A-Dog is not good.

So it looks like all of us, hounds included, are off to Wisconsin next weekend. Cheese for everyone.

Thank you for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers over the last week. I am sure it is with this strength we made it through the week.

Marge and the Hounds.

labblab
04-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Oh Marge, I think this is the best report that we could have hoped for!!! I know it is not perfect, but our hope has been restored :). And once again, no matter what happens in the long run, you are most definitely giving Lady every chance possible.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for letting us know. Big hugs to both Hounds, and to the Hounds' parents...;) Here's hoping you all have a great trip to Wisconsin.

Best wishes to all,
Marianne

Harley PoMMom
04-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi Marge,

Thanks so much for letting us know, and we will continue with the well wishes and prayers for sweet Lady.

Have a great trip to Wisconsin, and give the Hounds some hugs from Harley and me too!

Love and hugs,
Lori

Wally P's Mom
04-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Friends:

It is with deep sadness that I inform you that our beloved Lady B Dogge has gone to the bridge.

Lady was released from her suffering earlier today. Last night as we all watched a movie in bed, I noticed that her breathing had sounded congested. Her eating had become very picky as she struggled eating my meatloaf. (No, it tasted just fine and nothing mysterious about it.)

This morning as the hounds and I awoke. I found spots of blood in bed. I checked her nose and found it filled with dried blood and some on the outside. She refused to eat the hamburger and rice and drank like a fish. The urine output was not there as she was retaining water.

I called the vets and the husband. The decision was made to release her from her suffering.The vets had told us that since Saturday her condition had gone down hill. It was time.

She had wagged her tail for the last time upon entry into the clinic as if it were saying it was OK. I held onto her until the end and felt her leave this Earth. I think she had chosen today to be hers. As I was coming home tonight from work, I was talking to my Mom about her. It rained gently on my windshield as if it were tears from heaven saying I am home now. Please don't be sad.

So we loved her as if each day was her last and in the end we loved her enough to let her go.

Enough said now as this is becoming more difficult to write as I can hardly make out the keys on my computer through my tears.

Thank you for all of your support and encouragement.

Marge and Mark

MiniSchnauzerMom
04-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Marge and Mark,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Lady. Your comment about the rain on your winshield and the tears from heaven brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful thought. You and Mark are in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace sweet Lady B Dogge.

With sympathy,

Louise

BestBuddy
04-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Marge and Mark,

The wasn't what I was hoping for. I am so sorry that Lady is gone but so proud of you for showing that last act of kindness. Her last thoughts of this earth would be your embrace. Be kind to each other and soon I hope the memories will be all sweet ones.

Jenny

mytil
04-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Oh Marge,

I am so very sad to read this and my heart is with you both. I know you tried everything you could for Lady.

I have placed Lady in our special Remembrance section, here is the link - http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1588.

Special ((((hugs)))) to you both and to Wally
In Loving Memory of Lady
Terry

labblab
04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
She had wagged her tail for the last time upon entry into the clinic as if it were saying it was OK. I held onto her until the end and felt her leave this Earth. I think she had chosen today to be hers. As I was coming home tonight from work, I was talking to my Mom about her. It rained gently on my windshield as if it were tears from heaven saying I am home now. Please don't be sad.

So we loved her as if each day was her last and in the end we loved her enough to let her go.

Marge and Mark
Dear Marge and Mark,

There are no words to be written that are more sweet and touching than your own. Lady's raindrops bring tears to my eyes, too.

"I think she had chosen today to be hers..." There is a saying that is attributed to the Sioux leader, Crazy Horse, as he led his warriors into battle: "Today is a good day to die." It spoke of the honor and bravery of pursuing a just cause. But that saying has always stuck with me, and I have thought of it on the days that my own loved ones have made their passage. Yesterday was Lady's "Good Day." It was time for her to shed her little body, and to let her enormous spirit take flight.

I will be leaving town for a few days myself. Although it is with such sadness that I read your news, I am grateful to have the chance to post a reply before leaving.

Always in loving memory of your sweet Lady B Dogge ~
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Dear Marge and Mark,

I am so sorry to hear that Lady lost her battle. She had the best on her side thru it all and she knows how much ya'll loved her....enough to let her go when it was time. I know she is so grateful for all you did for her, the chances you gave her she never would have known otherwise.

Today her spirit is running free in green fields, no pain, no weakness just whole and happy as she was intended. She will watch over you all with love 'til the day you meet again.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Crystal, and our angel, Ruby

Carol G
04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I am so sorry for your loss -- my thoughts are with you.

Carol

judymaggie
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Dear Marge & Mark -- I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your beloved Lady. Take comfort that you gave her the best life possible and that she is now pain-free.

sunimist
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Dear Marge and Mark,

Words are so lame for all the pain I know you are feeling right now and my heart breaks for the two of you as you try to come to grips with losing your precious Lady. It's a feeling of utter loss and devastation that words cannot express.
Please accept my compassion, understanding and condolences. May God comfort and bless you both.

Love and many (((((hugs)))))

Shelba and Suni

littleone1
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Marge and Mark,

I am so sorry for your loss. Lady is now in a very good place. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Terri

maggiebeagle
04-22-2010, 06:52 PM
So sorry for you loss. You fought a good fight.

Harley PoMMom
04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Dear Marge and Mark,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Lady. You both are in my thoughts and prayers during this very painful and heartbreaking time.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
Lori

zoesmom
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Marge -
I am so sorry. You did every thing humanly possible for Lady, but as much as we do, sometimes it's out of our hands. You made the only decision you could and I suspect that Lady is looking down on you, with tears of gratitude. Sue

frijole
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Marge, I am just reading the sad news. Dear sweet Lady is no longer in pain and bless you for all you did to make her life grand while she was here. My wonderful memories sustain you as you deal with a great loss. Hugs to you and your family. Lady RIP dearest angel. Kim

clydetheboosmom
04-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh! I was so sad to see this. I'm so very sorry. So sorry.

Hugs -

Lynne, Clyde & Bailey

bkdice
04-22-2010, 09:53 PM
I am so sorry to read about your loss. My sincere condolences. :(

Bettina & Angel Niko

Roxee's Dad
04-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Dear Marge,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I am so sure that Lady is watching over you and Mark. Rest is Peace Sweet girl.

Spiceysmum
04-23-2010, 02:29 AM
So sorry to hear about the loss of Lady. My thoughts are with you.

Linda and Spicey

Wally P's Mom
04-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Hello Friends:

Thank you all for all the kind words that you have said about Lady and the support that you have given the rest of us that she left behind.

The trip to Wisconsin was good. I got a lot of great ideas for the Winter term at school and the rest of the family spent the time relaxing at the hotel.

I have been on over drive since all of this happened. This morning I rolled over in bed and reached out for her and she was not there. I paused and could not believe that she was not there. Lady had only been with us 17mos and she really changed our lives.

I spoke with the friend whose daughter had turned Lady over to us for a long time on Saturday. We relived all of her greatest adventures. It brought comfort to each of us.

I know that in the end, it was inevitable as what we were doing was applying a big band aid on a bigger problem. There is nothing to close the hole that is now in the heart.

We are still keeping a watchful eye on our other guys. Wally needs to be watched carefully with his Addisons. Wally sees the vet on Friday for his DOCP so we will have him checked over.

Thank you all again. You have made a difference.

Marge

Wally P's Mom
05-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Hello All:

It is hard to believe that a month has past since Lady was released. The emotions are still raw as there are things that do trigger the tears.

Marge

Casey's Mom
05-21-2010, 07:43 AM
Hello Marge, I just read Lady's story and am so sorry for you and your family. This must be a very hard time for you - I know it takes a very long time to heal so keep posting to us and we will try to help you get through it a little at a time.

Love and hugs,

labblab
05-21-2010, 08:10 AM
I just want to "second" what Ellen has said. Each milestone is so painful, and it is so easy to be blindsided by grief when we least expect it. :o

Marge, if you should ever wish to start a new thread for Lady on the "In Loving Memory" forum, we would feel privileged to join you there, as well. We will never forget Lady, and we are here to support you wherever and whenever it feels like a comfort to talk about her.

Many (((hugs))),
Marianne

bkdice
05-21-2010, 11:32 AM
milestones are tough, and there are so many during the first year. be gentle with yourself and don't rush your grief. there will be a point where you will start to feel a little less raw, i swear.

bettina

frijole
05-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Sending warm healing thoughts as you deal with your loss. Kim

ladysmom06
05-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Marge,

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy.

Bichonluver3
05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Hello Ladysmom06:
I, too, have tears in my eyes reading Lady's story. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us despite how painful it must have been.
Lady was truly blessed to have you as her mom. There is a reason she came to you. It was for your incredible love and caring, your strength to do the right thing for her and for helping her to make a peaceful and secure passing. You are a very special person.
My prayers are with you and Lady.
God bless.
Carrol

Wally P's Mom
05-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Each milestone is tough.

However, I really do understand that and have a new found debt of gratitude for all that has lost their pup and continue to support those that are beginning their journey here. I recently encountered somebody going through the same thing with their pup that I did with Lady. This pup was at the end of its journey and headed to the bridge. Old wounds that were beginning to heal were opened and tears flowed. I am not sure if it was for the other dog or the grief that I was still experiencing with Lady. However, I would like to think in some small way I was able to help somebody in need. Much like many do here. Thank you.

Thank you for helping all of us where ever we are and for whatever support we need for whatever phase we are in during our dog's journey and beyond.

Marge

Bichonluver3
06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
The tears, for whichever dog, just show you to be the wonderful caring person and mom you are. We, who are just beginning, are fortunate to have folks like you to help us along this journey. I still can't believe this happening to us. But Miss Chloe will have me by her side the whole way through. She has helped me through some bad times and now it's my turn. However, sometimes, it is very scary and it is good to have someone to talk to who knows.
Thanks for being there. We really need you. What a tribute to Lady to have you help other furry friends and their moms & dads.
Love and hugs,
Carrol

mytil
06-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Oh Marge,

I believe it was both --- tears for this dog and also for your Lady. For you to open up your heart to another when clearly your's is still in pieces would make Lady very proud.

Yes, the milestones are the toughest and so are the little things that just pop up unexpectedly and catch you like when I would find one of Mytilda's balls, months and months and months later.

Then one day you will find yourself with a little smile when you think about your Lady and the wonderful memories and these smiles will come more often than the tears. There is no timeline for grieving. I smile now but I will miss Mytilda the rest of my life. The memories now make me very warm inside and am very glad I have these memories.

My continued ((((hugs))))
Terry