PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Casey

Casey's Mom
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I just got back from vacation yesterday and tomorrow - the 14th is Casey's 14th birthday. I bought her lots of "expensive but good for her " treats today in preparation and she is having a birthday party with all of her favourite people and her 5 best doggie friends.

My mom is cooking a leg of lamb in her honour - how cool is that!

14 years ago I picked her out of a litter of 12 - sitting back from the rest of the pack, quietly watching me with interest. While the rest of the pack jumped against the fence and tried to get our attention. She was so pretty and had the sweetest face. I brought her home and set up a box with a blanket and she just went over, got settled and went to sleep. I think she liked the peace and quiet after being in such a big litter.

I had been divorced - my ex never wanted a dog even though I told him if I had a dog I would do all the work of looking after it - however I did have cats and a horse. So Casey became my one bright light at that time - we moved to a farm and she had nine years of doing what she loved the most, sitting on top of the hill watching the horses and making sure their herd of two were always together.

We now live in town but I made sure before I did anything else to my house that she had a fenced yard! We also still go on great long walks every day and I am so grateful that she is still able to enjoy life to the fullest.

We have Desi too which is great - they are so similar and easy going.

I notice this is the month for birthdays - congratulations and many hugs to all of them and all of you my friends. We are truly blessed.

Love and hugs,

Harley PoMMom
03-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Happy 14th Birthday Casey!!

Leg of lamb, a party, expensive treats!!! WooHoo!!! It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day and you so deserve it. One sure can tell that your mom loves you dearly and so do we. :)

Love and hugs,
Lori and Harley

BestBuddy
03-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Happy birthday Casey. Hope you enjoy your party and share that leg of lamb.:D

Jenny

Franklin'sMum
03-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Happy 14th Birthday Casey!! we hope it's a wonderful day, and with a leg of lamb and a doggie party it surely will be :D

Love and birthday hugs and kisses,
Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx

PS- Pics when you have a chance, please Ellen :)
________
DRUG TEST KIT (http://drugtestingkit.org)

mytil
03-14-2010, 06:31 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Casey. I know your day was very special, just like you.

Terry

Roxee's Dad
03-14-2010, 10:20 AM
:D:D:D Happy Birthday Casey :D:D:D

MiniSchnauzerMom
03-15-2010, 01:16 AM
:) :D :) Happy 14th Birthday Casey!!! :) :D :)

Hope you enjoyed your special lamb din-din and had a great party.

Louise

Casey's Mom
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone, I got a few photos posted but don't think I got all the doggies in the photos. It was hard to get all 7 of them to stay still, other than Casey.

She had a great day and got to chase a squirrel in the park - 100 yard dash barking and carrying on - great day.

Love and hugs,

labblab
03-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh Ellen, here's a belated but "beloved" HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for beautiful Casey!!! :p :p :p :p :p :p

It is so heartwarming to hear how well she is doing, and for you to let us join in celebrating her special day. :) :) :) :)

And thanks so much for posting her birthday pics. Here's a link to Casey's birthday album for everybody to see ;):

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=186

Happy, happy hugs to all!
Marianne

bkdice
03-15-2010, 05:07 PM
happy birthday to sweet casey! i'm sorry i'm a day late - but hopefully you are still celebrating!

mature dogs are a testament to great love and care. may you two have some many more birthdays to celebrate together. :)

Casey's Mom
03-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Thank you so much everyone for all of your good wishes. She is a treasure and still enjoying her stuffed hoof - gnawing on it at my feet. Oh and she got dehydrated beef liver and sweet potato snacks too!!

This time last year I never thought my girl would be in such good shape as she is today, thank you everyone because I never would have made it to this day without each and every one of you!!:):):):)

Love and many hugs,

littleone1
03-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Casey. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Terri and the Corkster

John II
03-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Wishing you a belated Happy 14th Birthday Casey!!

It's good to hear you continue to lead a dogworthy life! :D