PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of My Maggie, 1995-2009

judymaggie
03-07-2010, 03:22 PM
It is hard to believe that a year ago this week I had to make the decision to let Maggie cross over to the Rainbow Bridge. She was my best friend and I miss her terribly. I wanted to share the note that her dear vet wrote:

Maggie was a great dog who I will never forget! She has been a joy to treat and has created a lot of fond memories over the years. Her rare and challenging medical problems never changed the bright glow in her eyes or the bark to greet Sandy and beg for treats. She was very lucky to have had such a loving, dedicated owner as you. All pets deserve that but are not as lucky. I will miss little Maggie but a picture of her will remain in my memory.

Please give your pups an extra hug in memory of Maggie!

frijole
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Ah how sweet. I will run over to Haley right now. Every day is precious. RIP sweet Maggie. Kim

Harley PoMMom
03-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh Judy,

What a beautiful and touching note that your vet wrote about your beloved Maggie. Harley will be getting extra hugs and kisses in memory of your sweet Maggie.

Love and (((hugs)))
Lori

maggiebeagle
03-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I'll be lighting a candle in memory of both of our Maggies tonight and giving Benny and Cailey an extra cuddle.

mytil
03-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Oh Judy,

We will always remember your Maggie!!!! Come this Friday me and my girls will light a candle to celebrate the wonderful and loving life you two had together.

Her vet is an especially caring one for sending this to you on this hard anniversary.

Always in loving memory of Maggie (http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=21&pictureid=485)

((((hugs))))
Terry

BestBuddy
03-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Judy,
What a beautiful note. Memories of Maggie will live on.
Jenny

Squirt's Mom
03-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Judy,

What a touching note and one to cherish always. Your Maggie made an impression on many of us and we are blessed to have had her touch our lives. Her memory will live on in the hearts of all.

Hugs,
Leslie and the girls - always

forscooter
03-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Judy,

I will make sure there are extra snuggles in Maggie's memory. Your life and love you shared with her inspired so many here, and her legacy will always be safe in all our hearts...

Sending you peace and light and tons of hugs, Beth

Coolidge
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Teddy will be getting a hug in memory of Maggie.

May all our memories be fond, and our love know no bounds.

mytil
03-12-2010, 05:56 AM
I, too, will give my girls a big hug in memory of Maggie today.

(((hugs))))
Terry and the girls

labblab
03-12-2010, 07:59 AM
To Judy and Maggie,

With special thoughts today, in honor of a loving bond that shall never be broken. No matter how much time may pass, the love and the memories remain strong and forever alive. Days like this one are so bittersweet. So painful due to the physical separation. But so sweet for us to be able to pause and celebrate and honor a life so well-lived, and a companionship so dear.

Always in loving memory of sweet Maggie ~
Marianne

forscooter
03-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Judy,

Thinking of you and sweet Maggie today...sending you extra special hugs and will be giving all of mine an extra special Maggie hug tonight. Your love and life with her will stay with us always and I hope you can find some comfort in the special memories that will always be with you. Maggie is looking through a star and always watching over you...

Lots of love and tons of hugs, Beth

judymaggie
03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words -- they are really appreciated. Today is a tough one ...

I looked through Maggie's "baby" book last night and, for the first time, put one of her earlier pictures side by side with one I took on her last day with me. I was absolutely shocked -- she was at 32 lbs. in the first and 16 in the second but it was not just the weight loss. Her vet had told me that he was shocked to see how much facial muscle mass she had lost in just the last week of her life and that is what I noticed most in the pictures.

On the good side, seeing that reinforced that I absolutely let her go when I needed to. To me, she was still beautiful but I know that she is now once again restored to her best!

"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where your special pet shines down on you to let you know they are happy." (Author unknown.)

Dollydog
03-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Judy,
Just love your post today and can really relate....have had a few moments when I saw in the pictures and had memories that re-inforced the "decision" as being at the right time.....or not soon enough.
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

Roxee's Dad
03-12-2010, 07:27 PM
My thoughts are with you and sweet Maggie today.

sunimist
03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Judy, I too have had you and sweet Maggie in my thoughts and prayers today along with lots of love. Sweet maggie will be remembered forever. These hurdles are really hard to overcome, but know that you have a loving and caring family here to help you get through.

The picture comparisons..I have been doing that a lot lately and it's so sad to get a clear minds view (not clouded with a desperate determination to make her better) of just how frail and unwell my little angel Misty was, and how the constant battle had taken it's toll on her. Absolutely heartbreaking and devasting to look at.

Love and many (((hugs))).

Shelba and Suni

Franklin'sMum
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Judy,

Thinking of you, and sending my love. The love you share with Maggie will live on, always.
With love,
Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

bkdice
03-14-2010, 01:26 PM
for those of us that lose our babies at an older age, it can be hard to remember how they once were, when they were young and totally free of ailments. it takes time to remember that and lose images of the difficult moments they had late in life. i'm glad the picture comparisons gave you some closure (or so it sounds) and additional peace with the choices you made. i always believe choices made out of love for your babies, cannot be wrong. :)

wishing you peace and many happy memories to stay with you always.

But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all