PDA

View Full Version : Re: Our newest addition - Cailey

maggiebeagle
02-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Out new little sbundle of joy will be joining us on Wednesday.

http://www.baytownhumanesociety.org/darling_dogs_3.htm

Look for Emma at the address above.

We'll have to change her name since our daughter has an Emma dog. So she will be Cailey. Beth, I hope you don't mind but she's named after your bad boys. Couldn't call her Booter or Scailey. So there we are.

Harley PoMMom
02-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Oh Virginia,

Cailey is gorgeous and I am so very happy for you all. She has definitely found the loving home she deserves and so wants.

Love and hugs,
Lori

judymaggie
02-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Cailey is just gorgeous -- I am thrilled for you and I know that Cailey will soon realize that she has found the best "forever" home!

BestBuddy
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
She is just beautiful and now she has a great home. It's won't take Cailey long to realize that all her dreams have come true.

Jenny

Casey's Mom
02-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Virginia how wonderful that you have given Emma a forever home, this post brought tears to my eyes. She is so much better off with you than whoever tied her to that door. The lucky little girl.

Wonderful tribute to Beth in naming her Cailey too, let us know how she makes out in her new home,

Love and hugs,

Roxee's Dad
02-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Dear Virginia,

Thank you so much for adopting a shelter pooch :D:D:D:D:D:D

She is absolutely beautiful and snuggly, she reminds me of our LittleBit but with longer legs. I can't wait till you get her home and give us updates and pictures of course. :):):)

maggiebeagle
02-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I like to think that since she is a "Heinz 57" she has the very best of all of our beloved pups in her. We are getting ready for her and telling our other pup that she will be upsetting his little apple cart. The bio says she is a year old but it doesn't appear she has grown into her feet yet.

Carol G
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Cailey is absolutely darling -- I'm so happy for everyone.

Carol & Atty Cat and always Winnie & McGill

forscooter
02-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Virginia....

Mind???? How could I ever mind??? Along with the sob that I let out came out a laugh at the same time...I forgot about the Scailey and Booter in my grief!!! So, that made me laugh...and the sob was because I am so very touched!!! I am so honored...I am without words...of course, absolutely, I love the name!!!

I had a really bad "Bad Boy" day today...very sad and depressed and just really missing both of them so much. In the midst of Baby Pallie and Cayden playing and loving each other, and as much as I love them, I still miss my boys so very much...as we know, each pup is different in their own right so it never really heals the hole that was left, that has to heal on its very own...

and then I came here just to peek in and saw your post and I am soooo happy for you!!! And I KNOW Cailey will be soooo loved and sooo spoiled and has no idea how much you will rescue each other. She is beautiful and I feel in love with her eyes right away. And that smile, even in the face of all she has been through, she will truly be a light in your life and you are in her's!

I hope you post lots and lots of pics when you get her home...I am so excited for you all....and I feel so blessed that you have rescued me too!!!!!!!! SO MANY TIMES!!!

Much love and many hugs!!!! Thank you so much, once again, my very special friend....
Beth, Forever the Bad Boys, Baby Pallie, Cayden and Allo too!

forscooter
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
IS SHE HOME???

IS SHE HOME???

IS SHE HOME????

Thinking of you today and hoping you are doing well....

Love and hugs, Beth

maggiebeagle
03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Cailey is HOME!!!
She is still a bit groggy from being spayed but seems to be a snuggle bunny. I'll post pictures when she is a bit more aware of her surroundings.
It's been an exciting day.

forscooter
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
WELCOME HOME, CAILEY!!!!!:D:D:D

I hope she is feeling better with the spaying...I know she will be getting the best care she could ever hope for!!

Enjoy the snuggles!!! Post the pics when you can..I know it takes time to settle in and just take in the newness and the moment of first coming home....

I am super excited for both of you!!!:D:D:D

Lots of hugs and kissies for Cailey...and of course, you too!!!:p
Beth

Harley PoMMom
03-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Welcome Home Cailey!!!

Love and hugs,
Lori and Harley

labblab
03-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Virginia, I was out of town over the weekend, so I am just now getting caught up on your news!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you and for Cailey!!!!!!! :) :D :) :D :) :D

You have brought a huge smile to my face, and warmth to my heart. Very best wishes to your new baby girl, and keep those updates coming, you hear??

Many (((hugs))) to all,
Marianne

Casey's Mom
03-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I was going to ask yesterday if you had her home yet. Post pictures when you can - as you can see we are all very excited to see her!

Love and hugs,

Franklin'sMum
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Virginia,

Congrats to you on your new addition to the family :D:D:D:D:D Welcome Home Cailey!!Oh, I'm so happy for you both, and Cailey is such a lucky little (and beautiful) little girl to have you as her new mommy :)

With love to you and Cailey,
Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx
________
FIX PS3 (http://fixps3.info/)

maggiebeagle
03-04-2010, 07:11 PM
We had a quiet night, not a peep. She slept in the batroom with our other dog. In fact, we have yet to hear her whine or bark. She knows what toys are and walks on a leash nicely but the stairs baffle her. Our little old man Benny is tolerating her antics.
More later

mytil
03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Oh Virginia, I am so happy for you and of course Cailey!!!!! She is beautiful.

My Cailey is sending tons of slurpy welcome kisses.

Happy (((hugs)))
Terry

mytil
03-05-2010, 06:48 AM
Virginia,

I would love to see some photos!

Terry

bernie47
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
love her beautiful eyes ..how could any one dump her ? she is lovely ..hi.. every body ..;)

judymaggie
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Dear Cailey --

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/judymaggie/Welcome%20to%20Group/p1147.gif

Dollydog
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi Virginia,
Congratulations on your new family member....Cailey has an adorable, strong face and sounds like an awesome dog. Have fun,
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

maggiebeagle
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Things are going well with our new addition. Cailey had her first visit with the vet today and everyone in he office was excited to meet her. The shelter had her listed at a year and we thought she might be a bit younger but were suprised to find out she is really only 5 - 6 months old! Meanwhile, she has our little old man, Benny playing like a puppy.

Coolidge
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Whoooo hooo! Welcome home Cailey! You and Benny play your little hearts out!

It's exciting seeing a forever home being found!

Yippee!!!

forscooter
03-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Virginia,

So do you have the sound of cattle stampeding through your house too??? I think my walls are going to come down!! So glad you are having such a great time with Cailey and that Benny is feeling like a young man again!!! :D

Sending you all lots of hugs and kissies,Beth

fivebichons
03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Virginia,

Congratulations on your newest addition and what an adorable name. She will bring out the puppiness in Benny. I love to watch that.

Lots of hugs,
Heidi and the bichon gang

maggiebeagle
03-08-2010, 10:20 PM
My daughter brought her Emma over yesterday to play with Cailey and they had a glorious time. They both slept well last night. Benny supervised. It is so fun having a puppy around the house. :D

gpgscott
03-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Virginia,

I am sorry I missed all of this excitement.

I spend most of my time in the Questions??? forum.

Blessings to you Cailey, and her new family.

scott

mytil
03-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh Virginia,

I would love to see some photos. ;)

Terry

maggiebeagle
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I just started an album with a few pictures of our pups. I had a hard time finding Cailey sitting still enough to photograph. She is a busy little soul. She has found her bark. ;)

maggiebeagle
03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I'll be leaving on Tuesday to go on a business trip to Russia. I work for NASA here in Houston and will be going there to work with some of our astronauts. I won't be able to check in on you due to limited computer access, but I'll be sending positive thoughts to all of you.
Meanwhile, Cailey had a bit of diarrhea and has been introduced to canned pumpkin. She has been on antibiotics for a slight cough and snotty nose that she developed the day we picked her up from the animal shelter. We tried rice but it didn't work. The pumpkin was hard to find, but it worked really well! She is keeping Benny busy and would love to play all day.

frijole
03-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Does your husband or someone know how to take your place? :p;):D Have a fantastic trip - sounds fascinating. Travel safe - Kim

maggiebeagle
04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
My husband and the pups did well during my trip.
Cailey plays all day long (except for nap time). We have really enjoyed watching her reawake the puppy in Benny.