PDA

View Full Version : Checking in for March 2010

mytil
03-01-2010, 07:11 AM
We suspect that we have a good number of folks here who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well and they don't have any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions.

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post here once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month, where folks can post a reply just to let everyone else know how they are doing. You may just want to say "Hi! We're still here and we're doing fine" or you may want to tell us more -- about a really good test result, or something funny that your dog did recently, or a camping trip that you went on ... that sort of thing.

We'd love to hear from you! :)

bernie47
03-01-2010, 08:03 AM
yes i am guilty of reading other people s posts.. but i cant give advice .. as ebonie s cushings is in early days.
we are off to vet for check up in morning ..i am learning a lot from this forum..cheers every body..

Loraine
03-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I still read, but my knowledge of the treament of Cushing's disease is now quite ancient. I like to look in and see how things are going with each and every one of you.

bgdavis
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I read, but rarely post. It's been exactly one year, today, that I lost my beautiful Cushings' girl, Crissy Ann.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

k9diabetes
03-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Bonnie... I can't believe it's been a year. Sent a hug skyward to her.

Natalie

sunimist
03-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Bonnie I know this has been a difficult day for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I still miss Crissy so much and think of her so often.

Love and (((hugs)))

Shelba and Suni

sunimist
03-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I still read, but my knowledge of the treament of Cushing's disease is now quite ancient. I like to look in and see how things are going with each and every one of you.

Loraine (Coco's Mum forever, now Zedley's Mum)
Gosh Loraine, I miss you so much. So glad you continue to check in with us every once in a while.
Hope all is wonderful with you and yours, and a nice update on Zedley would be welcomed!

Love,

Shelba and Suni

January
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am overdue for my monthly update, but I wanted to wait until I had Serena's latest test results. According to her stim test, she does not have Cushings or Addison's disease. Her T4 was very high however, so the vet has taken her off of it for 6 days at which time she will go back on at a lower dose. I actually was quite suspicious that her dose was too high because she was barking at me a lot, and she was having a lot of trouble settling down at night (one night she kept me up until 1:30 with her constant up and down). She was also drinking and peeing a lot, which really worried me because I was worried the DI was back. That seems to be much better with the reduced dosage so I will just keep an eye on it. Her GI issues still are problematic as she still has loose stools and can't seem to gain any weight. Right now she is on just flagyl and B12 shots once a week. She seems happy and so am I. I think of all of you and your dogs all the time and hope that things are going well.Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions and support. I really appreciate it.
January and Serena

gpgscott
03-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Moria is sixteen.

She is feeble, but well.

She has to be helped up and down, not only stairs, sometimes just to stand.

She is still happy, she knows when people are about and greets them with enthusiasum.

She is our precious pup, for a long time.

For, forever.

Scott

hfurlotte
03-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Zoe Claire is doing well these days :) we have been able to decrease her Keto back down to 200 mg a day which is something Dr. Oliver and our vet were not sure we would be able to do. Increasing the Flax seed made a big difference in her after about 3 weeks so I took a gamble and tried cutting her keto from 400 to 300 then about a week ago went to 200 and she is happy and eatting. Some days I feel like pulling my hair out but when I look at our pets I get that feeling of satisfaction and change my mind rather quick.:D:D
Hope everyone is doing well and we are sending puppy hugs to you all.
Heather and Zoe Claire.

H-man
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Scott, big hugs from us here down under. Moria has done well.
Harry is 15 1/2 now, and like Moria, a doddery old thing with legs that go all over the place, no hearing and barely any sight. His smile when he gets to the park in his pram is precious though and he still gets excited over white fluffy bums to sniff. Our time is precious.

Wendy, Harry, Izzy & Princess Patsy in heaven xxxx