PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to my Molly girl

westmbn
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Well, I knew this day would come but it doesn't make it any easier. We said goodbye to Molly today. As you know she had been deteriorating recently. This weekend she started circling and that was our sign that enough was enough.

The staff and doctors at her specialty clinic spoiled her all day with treats and love. We got there this afternoon and gave her more treats and love just before the sedative was given. I truly believe she was happy - she had a full belly and lots of love all day long, her two favorite things. :D

Her IMS was wonderful and stayed with us the whole time. She agreed that it was time for Molly and said she's glad we decided before we HAD to make the decision. I really feel it was the right decision, but I sure miss her wagging tail already.

Thank you to everyone here. You have been wonderful from the beginning to now. I don't know if I could have survived this journey without your guidance and friendship. I will try to check in now and again, but know that you are always in my heart.

On a happy note, Duke is doing great after surgery. So far he doesn't seem upset about Molly being gone, but he may not realize it is permanent yet.

Thank again to you all.
Brandi and forever in my heart, Molly

maggiebeagle
02-08-2010, 07:02 PM
So sorry to hear about your sweet Molly.

Carol G
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm so sorry -- my thoughts are with you.

Carol

littleone1
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Hi Brandi,

I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. You are in my thoughts and prayers. She is now in a happier place, where she is now free from any pain and suffering.

Sending hugs to you.

Terri

Squirt's Mom
02-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi Brandi,

I am so sorry about your sweet Molly. We do all we can and when that isn't enough, we do the hardest thing possible - set them free. You gave Molly the greatest gift of all. I know she is so grateful to be pain free and have all her faculties back, and she owes it all to you.

Hold those happy times close in the next few days and weeks, and know that we are here for you.

Our deepest sympathies,
Leslie, Squirt, Goldie, Crystal, and our angel, Ruby

forscooter
02-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Brandi..

I am so very sorry about Molly...

Peace to you all...
Beth

zoesmom
02-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Oh, Brandi - I'm so sorry about Molly. She was always such a little trooper - first before, then during, and also after the radiation. I know how hard it is to say good-bye to them, but how wonderful that you had those few extra years to enjoy her. With the circling, I'm sure you made the right decision. Sending lot of hugs your way. Share one with Duke, too. Sue/Zoe

frijole
02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Dear Brandi, That is sad news. Your story was one of the first I read when I joined 3 1/2 yrs ago. I read with awe all of the wonderful things you did for Molly and oh the fight she put up to be well. What a success story. I am so sorry that our dear girl has left this earth but I know she is resting and looking down with renewed strength and peace. May the memories of all the good times sustain you as you heal. Rest in peace dearest Molly. Kim

Franklin'sMum
02-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Oh Brandi,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Molly fought so hard to spend that extra time with you, and she knows she is loved. You are in my prayers,

Jane xx
________
VAPORITE OILS (http://vaporizer.org)

mytil
02-09-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh Brandi,

Sending you (((((hugs))))). I know it has been a long road for the two of you and she was a very happy little Beagle with you. Thank you for letting us all know.

My deepest sympathies,
Terry

sarahbera1
02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Brandi,
I'm so sorry. Many of us know what you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sarah, Rascal and Darla in Spirit

Roxee's Dad
02-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Dear Brandi,

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Molly is watching over you and Duke.

Rest in peace sweet Molly girl.

sunimist
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Brandi, I am so sorry to hear about sweet Molly.
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult and sad time.

((((HUGS))))

Shelba and Suni

Spiceysmum
02-09-2010, 10:46 AM
So sorry to hear about Molly.

Linda and Spicey

BestBuddy
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Brandi,
I am so sorry Molly lost her battle. Loving means letting go when the time comes but it sure doesn't feel like it.
Godspeed Molly.
Jenny

Dollydog
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Hello Brandi,
I'm so sorry to hear that Molly has passed away. It sounds as if she had a great last day.....what a wonderful way to spend it.
Please take good care of yourselves at this time....
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel

Casey's Mom
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Brandi, sorry to hear of Molly's crossing over. I know you must miss her very much and my hugs and tears are with you,

Love and hugs,

ladysmom06
02-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Brandi,

I am so very sorry to hear about your precious Molly. I remember following your story when Molly was going through radiation. You were a great mom to Molly and did everything you could for her. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. My deepest sympathy.

gpgscott
02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Brandi,

I am sorry to be tardy, I am just seeing your thread.

I know how much it hurts, I also know you did what was best for her.

Dear Molly is now in good company, awaiting us all.

Scott