PDA

View Full Version : Cushdog needs help

lulusmom
01-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Most of you know that I work in rescue and most of my friends and rescue colleagues know that I am actively involved in this forum. I was therefore not too surprised to get three emails from different rescues today regarding Sandy Bear, a pudgy Chi mix with cushing's. Sandy Bear's mom was admitted to a resthome and her family took Sandy Bear to a vet to be euthanized. The vet didn't have the heart to do it but the vet can no longer house her so her time is almost up. Since she's on a daily med for cushing's, it's undoubtedly Trilostane. This baby is only 7 years young and as much as I want to scoop her up in my arms, I simply cannot afford to take on a third cushdog right now. Sooooo, I thought I would post sweet Sandy's story here in the hopes that any of you members may know somebody in southern california that would be willing to give her a home. Actually, if we could find her a home in any state, I would make sure she got there. Thanks.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15245170?rvp=1

Glynda

lulusmom
01-13-2010, 07:27 PM
UPDATE:

Just spoke to persons trying to find Sandy a home and they just received an inquiry from a prospective forever mom that looks like a perfect fit. I left my number in case things fell apart. Let's all keep our fingers and paws crossed for this little girl.

Harley PoMMom
01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
All body parts crossed here!! plus extra prayers are being said too.

Squirt's Mom
01-13-2010, 07:39 PM
:o:o:o sucker here :o:o:o

Let me know if it doesn't work out! ;)

Love you!
Leslie

littleone1
01-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi Glynda,

Everything is crossed here, too. Sending positive thoughts and prayers that Sandy will have a good forever home.

Franklin'sMum
01-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Fingers and paws crossed that Sandy Bear finds a forever home,

Jane and the gang xxx
________
Cat wheel (http://www.catwheelcompany.com/)

ChristyA
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
OMG!! Her little face looks like she just wants to go to a loving home and settle in.
Christy

littleone1
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi Glynda,

I was wondering if you were able to find a forever home for Sandy?

I read her story. She does need a very loving home. Please keep us posted.