PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Glynda!!!

forscooter
01-01-2010, 11:24 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GLYNDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

May your year be filled with belly rubs and face licks!!!!:D:D

Love ya!!! Beth and all the kids

Carol G
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLYNDA -- HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

Carol & Atty Cat and always Winnie & McGill

labblab
01-01-2010, 11:58 AM
So you're a New Year's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That is VERY cool, since you literally get to start out today on a brand new year in your life! :p :p :p :p

Thanks so much for spending such a big part of your time each year with us...:o

Huge birthday hugs and Happy Birthday Wishes, :) :)
Marianne

Squirt's Mom
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, dear Glynda! Happy Birthday to you!
(read to the tune of "Happy Birthday" :p )

I love you girlfriend!
Leslie

Harley PoMMom
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Happy Birthday To Glynda!!!

You are such a special person and your support, opinions and advice is so valuable to this forum. And all that you do for the poor unfortunate pups that you rescue and help...You are truly an angel.

It gives me great happiness and honor to be able to help celebrate the day you were born.

With much love and big, big hugs,
Lori and Harley

littleone1
01-01-2010, 12:55 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLYNDA

I hope you have a wonderful day. You really deserve it with all of the rescue work you do and the help you give us.

Keep that wonderful sense of humor.:D Corky sends you a bunch of kisses.

sunimist
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
What a great start to a brand new year!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LADY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Love u 2 pieces! :D Have a great day!

Shelba and Suni

mytil
01-01-2010, 03:47 PM
A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me too. Hope you have a great one.

Big birthday (((((hugs)))))
Terry

BestBuddy
01-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Another year younger and more beautiful...how do you do it?
Have a very happy birthday Glynda.

Jenny

mypuppy
01-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Glynda,
So I gather it's your birthday! LOL.....Awesome day to you. Sending you lots of love your way...Embrace this day...tight xo's, Jeanette, licks Princess

ChristyA
01-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Happy Birthday Glynda! A New Year's Baby:eek:!!!! WoooHooo.
Take care and have a great year :D
Christy & The Boss of Applesauce

lulusmom
01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
So much for trying to forget my birthday. :D:p:D I absolutely love you all and I can't thank you enough for making me feel so special.

So I went out shopping with my mom and sister-in-law today, spent money on myself, had a great lunch and even splurged and had a cocktail in the middle of the day. Just got home from our girls' day out and Gil is busy making me a wonderful dinner, in between the Rose Bowl game plays. The dogs just finished dinner and they're all camped out on the sofa. Life is good and I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and family, both here and online.

With much love, many hugs and tons of cyber kisses,

Glynda

Franklin'sMum
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi Sweet Glynda :)

Happy Birthday to you, hope it's an incredibly wonderful day for you. You really do deserve it!
I'm glad you took some time to splurge today, with all the rescuing you do, and all the help you give to us here, you should splurge and be spoiled more often! :D
Birthday Wishes, and big big hugs,

Jane and the gang xx

Roxee's Dad
01-01-2010, 09:23 PM
:D:D:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GLYNDA :D:D:D

Happy that you had a wonderful day. :)

John II
01-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Happy Birthday To Glynda!!!

BestBuddy
01-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I am glad you had a good day doing what you wanted to. As for the Rose Bowl and even the Sugar Bowl I can relate. For some strange reason my hubby has gotten into American College Football so it was on in our house too. I still don't understand it.:o

Jenny

Squirt's Mom
01-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi Glynda,

Let you forget?!?! Not likely! :D I am so glad you had such a wonderful day. If anyone deserves splurging on themselves, you do! I hope the coming days are just as wonderful!

Jenny, the Arkansas Razorbacks is my home state team and they are playing, or played, in the Liberty Bowl...I think today, which would have been yesterday for you....geez, this is confusing for an old broad! Anyway, the Razorbacks are Arkansas' pride and joy! Folks get down-right stupid over them! So if you get/ have to see them play, or got/had to, those boys are from my home state.

(Couldn't have made it through another day without this little tidbit of knowledge, could you? :rolleyes::p )

Hugs,
Leslie

sunimist
01-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Wooo pig soooie! Razorback country!! Kickoff is 4 P.M. Central time :D

BestBuddy
01-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Liberty Bowl starts here in 10mins (9.30am). Arkansas and East Carolina.

Now I am getting even more confused....what's with all these Bowls.
What about a Mixing Bowl or dare I say it a Toilet Bowl.:eek:

What the heck.
Wooo pig soooie! (Whatever that means)

Jenny

Squirt's Mom
01-03-2010, 11:57 AM
LOL, Jenny! You are on your way to the Razorback Wave! Wooo-pig-sooie is how you call a hog in the field. So when the Hogs (Razorbacks) play the fans hold their hands up on the WOOOOO! Drop them down to the side with elbows bent to the PIG! Then raise a fisted hand in the air on the SOOOIEEE! The emphasis is on the SOOOIEE! So it sounds like -

WOOOOOO! PIG! SOOOIEE! :D

or something like that anyway! :rolleyes:

Don't tell anyone, but I'm not a big Hog fan...just not a college ball fan. I prefer pro ball. But when the Hogs make it to a Bowl game, then I will watch them. The bowl games are made up of the best teams of that year and the bowl games are ranked from the very best teams on down. I think, not sure, but I think the Cotton Bowl is the ultimate Bowl game. Their kind of like a tournament play-off. There used to be only a few Bowls but I guess like everything else, they have been expanded so no one gets their feeling hurt because they played well all year and got nothing to show for it (PC crap :rolleyes: ). So all the lesser Bowls came into play. It doesn't mean as much as it used to for a college team to make it to a Bowl game unless it is one of the top Bowls.

For some reason the Razorbacks have lots of fans from all over the country. When they play at home, people drive for hours and hours to camp out in the parking lot by the stadium for days, even weeks, and do what is called "tail-gating" - meaning they BBQ, grill, smoke food, drink copious amounts of beer (some, not all), wear all their Hog clothes and paraphernalia, wave banners and in general have a grand party! It's the only time folks can do this sort of thing without being charged with loitering or public drunk! :p

That was a good game last nite and I am really surprised the Hogs pulled it off, but they did!

Hugs,
Leslie

Roxee's Dad
01-03-2010, 03:57 PM
That was a good game last nite and I am really surprised the Hogs pulled it off, but they did!

Yes, they pulled it off in overtime. :D:D:D WOOOOOO! PIG! SOOOIEE!

Tailgating? I'm more of a NASCAR fan and do some tailgating at the races for a few days but the RazorBacks have their own tailgating site :) with pics.

http://www.razorbaxe.com/

Squirt's Mom
01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh, we love NASCAR! I got Jim tickets to the Daytona 500 in Feb for his birthday. He's gonna meet his brother down there and they will go together. He knows what a sacrifice those tickets were and is really proud of them and so excited about going!

Roxee's Dad
01-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Daytona 500, nice! Jim is a lucky man! I love NASCAR, try to go to as many races as I can. Pattee once gave me probably the best birthday gift ever. It was 100 laps around PIR (Phoenix) in a Nationwide Race Car and I didn't wreck:p It was the most exhilarating experience, the noise, smell of grease and gas, being strapped in so tight I couldn't breath. Yeah it was good:)

Squirt's Mom
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh how cool, John! I bet that was a real blast!

sunimist
01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Some of the best games (and players) were years ago when we were in the SWC. Texas vs Arkansas was a hellacious rival being Arkansas was the only outside conference team. All the others were Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, Texas, Rice and TCU. Great times and I got to attend a few of those. Not as exciting to me anymore, but it is a great tradition and does stay with you like glue. :D

lulusmom
01-03-2010, 07:44 PM
I've always been into muscle cars but never been a fan of NASCAR or any other lap racing where they go round and round and round. The drags are my cup of tea and that's where you'll find the real big boys. NASCAR 800 hp.....Top Fuel 8,000 hp. Yeah baby!!! I love drag racing and as a teenager we marked off our own quarter mile on a back street and had us some fun. My first hot rod was a 1968 Olds 448 and my last, which I sold two years ago, was a 1973 Chevy p.u. that was modified for racing. I miss that truck but I don't miss the gas bills. On a good day, with the right conditions, I'd get 5 mpg. :( If the NHRA is in town, Gil and I are there.

Squirt's Mom
01-03-2010, 08:08 PM
That brings back memories, Glynda! My dad had a '73 Chrysler New Yorker that would haul ass and was as tough as an army tank! Some cars are lemons, this one was pure gold! I used to race it up and down the freeway, and on a straight track outside town. Nothing fancy, just whoever showed up, got to race. That New Yorker was never beat! I had a blast doing it, too! But, my dad would have skinned me alive if he knew what I was doing with his new Chrysler when he thought I was at a friends house for the nite! :eek::p:D

Jim watches the drags, too, but I love NASCAR! It's not how they are going, but what happens while they DO go! :p

lleigh
01-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Sorry I'm late with birthday wishes. Hope is was a great one and here's wishing you have a wonderful 2010!

Lyn

frijole
01-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Late to the party but still bringing wishes for a great year! Happy Birthday Glynda! Kim and clan