PDA

View Full Version : A Merry Christmas for a Special Rescue

lulusmom
12-31-2009, 12:27 AM
This is how it happens. I received Stanley's video yesterday around the same time I got emails from three sources about a little girl that nobody wanted and was not going to live to see the new year. I left work early today to meet one person that pulled her and transported her for me. She's lying peacefully on my lap right now as I type. She's emaciated, scabby, scraggly, matted and missing hair, horrific teeth, bad upper respiratory infection and a heart murmur so bad that I feel the constant quake of her heart on my legs. I don't know how long she has but she's in a warm place tonight and she can see the world around her without the matted hair in her eyes. I've named her Charlotte.

http://www.blip.tv/file/3014054

littleone1
12-31-2009, 12:44 AM
God bless you, Glynda, for taking and watching over these babies. I admire you and all of the others that help to rescue furbabies in trouble.

Franklin'sMum
12-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Glynda, bless you :) and and every rescuer are angels on this earth. Thank you. It makes my heart sing :D
Love to you and your babies, and big gentle kisses and cuddles for Charlotte,
Jane and Franklin xx
________
Vapor genie pipe (http://www.vaporshop.com)

Harley PoMMom
12-31-2009, 06:05 AM
Bless you Glynda, all the rescue people, and all the volunteers who help these poor unfortunate furbabies.

OMGosh that video make me bawl like a baby. :(

Special kisses and hugs being sent to Charlotte.

Love and hugs,
Lori

Roxee's Dad
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
This is truely "Christmas Magic" I only wish that the magic of happy endings was more widespread and extend way beyond Christmas. I saw this video earlier and I had such mixed feelings of sadness and happiness. Tears rolled down then and again just now.

There is so much that can be done. Donate food to a local rescue, foster just one dog until it finds a forever home, write our lawmakers to change the laws so our pets are not a throw away commodity.

"What we all wait for is that wag of a tail" I can't think of anything that makes me happier than when I see a rescue wag their tail when we take the time to pay special attention to them, even if it's only for a short time.

If our pups could speak, I know they would say "Thank You Glynda and Gil for all that you do in the rescue community"

acushdogsmom
12-31-2009, 02:49 PM
You are Charlotte's miracle, Glynda. And whether she has many good days before her or only a few, she now knows what it feels like to be safe in the arms of someone who cares and who knows the true meaning of love. Give her a kiss for me, please.

And I'm also sending many (((hugs))) to you and all of yours.

gpgscott
12-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Happy New Year, Glynda, Gil, Charlotte and all of the others.

Scott and Vandy

Squirt's Mom
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Aw, geez...bawling like a baby here...that was great and so true. You really are a special angel, my friend.

Gentle rubs to your new little girl from me!

And much love, many hugs to you!
Leslie

Roxee's Dad
12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
A pic of Charlotte all warm and cuddled up would do my heart and soul good:);)

Dollydog
12-31-2009, 07:41 PM
God bless you Glynda and Happy Birthday as well as Happy New Year!
(((HUGS))) to you and all of your family.
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

acushdogsmom
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Just hoping for an update on Charlotte ... :)

lulusmom
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Sorry for not updating you all sooner but the last couple of days have been a blur. Charlotte is the sweetest little thing and it breaks my heart to think that she might not be long for this world. We could not get a guarantee of an appointment from Western University so I took her to my good friend, Ellen, who runs Little Big Dog Rescue in Marina Del Rey. She is going to take her to her vet for a thorough check-up, hopefully today. I did not want to wait because who knows how long she's been in this state and I want her to get whatever meds she needs right now. Plus, she was eating less and less for me and that was a great concern me. She either has a horrible upper respiratory infection or she has a lot of abscessed teeth which could be the reason for her blowing green snot and getting green gunk in her eyes. She's a very sick little girl.

Ellen had some really good news too....she has a wonderful and possibly permanent foster family waiting to care for Charlotte. If Ellen thinks they are wonderful, then they are and OMG, I was so elated to hear this.

I tried to get some pictures of Charlotte but she is camera shy like Jojo. I may have gotten one of her face and one of her lying down on her side, which I'll post when I have a chance to download them.

I'll let you all know the extent of Charlotte's problems just as soon as I hear anything. Our other tiny house guest, Tatiana aka Twyla, and now named Chloe surprised us all and is making a remarkable recovery after being on death's door for a few days. Whew!!!

Gil and I are going to Vegas on Thursday for four days. Yippiee!!! No dogs, no cats, no alarm clocks, no schedule, no nothing....just taking in the sights, doing a little gambling and a whole lot of eating. :D Jasper and Lulu will be staying with Ellen and Buster and Jojo are staying with my bro and sis-in-law. If Charlotte is in a permanent foster situation, then we have an opening so stay tuned.

Casey's Mom
01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
God Bless you Glynda and all who help with rescue. You are all angels here on earth.

Love and many hugs and an extra special hug to Charlotte,

lulusmom
01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
I just got the Vet's report on Charlotte and it isn't good. She has a grade 5 or 6 heart murmur, a severe upper respiratory infection, really bad teeth that aren't helping her already bad heart and both eyes are infected from the URI. An x-ray shows a huge heart and the vet was astounded that she is as active as she is. Complete bloodwork was sent out and depending how things look, the vet at some point will use a very light sedation to clean her teeth. If he doesn't they'll kill her. She is on heavy duty antibiotics and a diuretic. She will be staying at least another day at the hospital. The good news is that she is eating well. I'll keep you posted but in the meantime, here's a few pictures of our little girl.

399 This is Charlotte standing up with her front paws on my leg. She's camera shy so the ears are down.

400 This is her sacked out on the couch. You can't see them but my Maltese boys, Jasper and Buster are on both sides of her, also sacked out. You can see the green gunk in the hair around her eyes. I had to put warm compresses on her eyes three times a day to loosen it and clean it.

401 Oops somebody woke up

I'm also including pictures of two little boys that need help. We're working on getting them out of the shelter and I suspect that one or both will be coming home with me.

This is the description I got from the shelter on both boys.

This Chihuahua is Archie, he's a little angel. Gives the softest kisses. He has nerve damage to his left front leg and it drags when he walks, so they have to keep him in ISO, the leg has sores on the bottom front from dragging. It probably needs to be amputated. Sweet, sweet little guy.

There is also a little white male terrier, only 9-lbs, in the cage in ISO right next to Archie. Almost the whole face is shaved, and the shelter vet just removed the right eye. It looks awful, photo is attached. I don't know what happened to this poor little one but will try to get more info for you. He's only 1 year old.

littleone1
01-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi Glynda,

I feel so bad for Charlotte and the others. I don't understand how anyone can let this happen to their pups.

You are such an inspiration with the loving care that you give to these guys and gals. I'm hoping and praying that they will improve and do well.

Franklin'sMum
01-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Oh Glynda,
Charlotte is absolutely glorious! Thank you for posting pics :) I do hope she can recover from her recoverable issues, and that the rest can be managed.
Archie and Unknown are also beautiful little boys. I so hope they find a wonderful forever home.
Enjoy your Vegas trip, lots of love and belly rubs,
Jane, Franklin and Bailey xxx
________
SEXYOPIUM (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/sexyopium/)

Roxee's Dad
01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Wish I could bring them all home. :(

ChristyA
01-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree with Roxee's Dad,,I wish I could take them all home too. There was a little dog in the pound that looked like Charlotte - same color, same size. I wanted to go get him,,but I'm not sure how Lulu and Erik would have been with him. I need to find someone who has a small dog I can see how they react to it. They are both friendly and like other dogs, but I'm afraid they will play too rough. Lulu gets down in attack mode in our yard and runs at Erik full speed, she pounces on him before he even realizes she is there.

If I got another big dog my husband would have a heart attack. He might have a mini-attack if I get a small dog. :rolleyes:
Christy

maggiebeagle
01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
How wonderful for Charlotte to feel loved and wanted and safe at last.
Virginia and angel Maggie

Casey's Mom
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Oh Charlotte is so sweet - I would take her in a second and the others too if I could.

Christy's post made me laugh out loud because that hits home for me:

If I got another big dog my husband would have a heart attack. He might have a mini-attack if I get a small dog. :rolleyes:
Christy[/QUOTE]

Harley PoMMom
01-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Charlotte is definitely adorable and I am so very glad she has found You and Gil to take care of her until her forever home is found, which is soon I'm praying.

I'm assuming you and Gil are taking your very well deserved Vegas trip?...Have loads of fun, eat lots of tasty food and get some restful sleep...or not!!! and...Win some money!!!! :D

Love and hugs,
Lori