PDA

View Full Version : Perks of being over 50 and heading towards 70

lulusmom
12-28-2009, 11:18 PM
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run--anywhere.

4. People call at 9 PM and ask, did I wake you?

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out..

8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.

9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.

13. You sing along with elevator music.

14. Your eyes won't get much worse.

15 . Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.

17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

19. You can't remember who sent you this list.

Did you notice these are all in Big Print for your convenience?
And here's a parting tip from one friend to another....Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

sunimist
12-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Glynda dear, you are not doing much for my self esteem! :D

mytil
12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Uugghhh, Glynda,

This is so funny and thanks for reminding me about a few things.:rolleyes: Now I do feel old. :eek:

Terry

littleone1
12-29-2009, 07:42 AM
You are too much Glynda.:D Some of this is so true!:eek:

Terri

Squirt's Mom
12-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm with Shelba! Too many of these hit close to home! :eek::D Thank goodness there wasn't any mention of ~~Depends~~! :p

lulusmom
12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Well girls, misery loves company. To be perfectly honest, my heart soars knowing that so many of my dear, dear friends that I love so much are old farts like me. :D:p:D

Since a lot of you can relate, let me ask a question. Does it annoy you that Denny's or any other restaurant's senior discount really isn't a discount all? They just give you less food so what the h***??? Excuse me but my appetite did not decrease when I turned 55. That was a few years ago and I'm still the glutton I've always been. How cost effective is it if you have to order two entrees from the senior menu to get full? What a rip off!!!

littleone1
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't about the restaurants, as I usually don't eat out, but being a senior at the grocery stores and when I get a hair cut has really made a difference!:D I think this is the only reason I'm glad I'm a senior!:D:eek:

mytil
12-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I have seen a pix of you Glynda, and you do not look that old :rolleyes:

It is when you start getting AARP material that you say - okay who told them - that I feel it.

T.

lulusmom
12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Terry, I am that old. The pic you saw is three years old and the usual one out of 500 that is decent enough to go public with. That was also taken before the face lift started to fail and the 25 happy pounds I found after getting married. :D:D:D My memory fails me a lot more often at this age so out of necessity I went blonde over a year ago so that I would have an excuse for all the really stupid stuff I do. I'll post a picture of me on Facebook as a blonde just as soon as I find that one out of 500 sometime in the next decade....that is if I have any hair left then.

I've been getting invitations from AARP for almost 10 years and am positive that my ex husband told them in order to get a finder's fee or discount. Blonde or not, I do remember him being a tightwad unless, of course, it was something he wanted. Now if I could only remember his name.

kaliuma
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm only 49 and some change, so I won't get to realize these perks for a LLLLOOONNNNGGGG time! ;) But thanks for giving me something to look forward to Glynda...

Franklin'sMum
12-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh Glynda,

:):):):):) Things to look forward to! Thanks

Jane and Franklin xx
________
Ferrari tipo 500 (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_Tipo_500)

Dollydog
12-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Can we meet some day???
Now I know which picture is real...the Christmas card....not the FB picture!
Thanks for the good laugh!!
Talk to you soon!!