PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas!

frijole
12-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Well... for the first time in my long life I am housebound on Xmas day! Yep... blizzard with white out conditions, winds up to 50 mph... Drifts up to 10 feet and growing... Cannot safely make it the 5 miles to my mom's where my brother from FL and sis from AZ are visiting and chowing down! :eek:

I was over there last night and the drive home was the scariest ever. The roads were solid ice and in places I had to drive on the other side of the road because mine was drifted over... and I have all wheel drive.

I knew it was bad when I saw there were only 4 other people out the entire drive home. :o Couldn't leave Annie and Haley stranded. Poor things.. am teaching them to go potty in the garage.. they are confused.

Had a slumber party with my niece and nephews (8,5 and 3) a couple nights ago... we had pizza and I bought lots of "movie candy"... thank God... because I am having pizza and milk duds for Christmas! ha.

Oh and I do have a bottle of wine..and I really am appreciating electricity right now as well.

Everyone stay safe and warm...and have a merry Christmas!!!!

Kim, Haley and Annie

Harley PoMMom
12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh Kim,

So sorry to hear this, but glad you are safe at home with electricity. I am stuck at home too...freezing rain coming down, I was supposed to drive down to my boyfriend's parents house, it's about a hour drive away one-way, I just ate a sandwiche for my christmas dinner! Oh well, at least we all have each other on the forum and our precious pups to keep us company! ;):)

Love and hugs,
Lori

SasAndYunah
12-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Hi Kim,

I can so relate :D Spent Christmas by myself as well. My parents couldn't make it here due to all the snow and even my sister, living in the same town as me, could not get through the snow :eek:

I had a schnitzel and spinache for Christmas dinner hahahaha... and like you said, hooray for electricity so we still have the pc, tv and music going :D

You, Haley and Annie stay warm and safe as well. And a very merry Christmas :)

Carol G
12-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I too am snowbound -- in sunny southern CA. I was planning on leaving this morning to go visit my family in Kansas City. The fight did go but I felt it was not safe for my family to get out in the ice and snow today to pick me up at the airport so I cancelled my flights.

Oh well, Atty cat is happy that I'm not going away.

Happy Holidays!

Carol & Atty Cat and always Winnie & McGill

Roxee's Dad
12-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Well Kim.... Itíll make one of those fond Christmas memories:)

Pizza, milk duds and wine...hmmm, sounds kind of good :D Put a nice video of a fireplace on the tele and your in for a nice cozy Christmas with Annie and Haley. I'm sure they were appreciative. ;)

mytil
12-26-2009, 05:57 AM
Wow, I am so sorry Kim you did not make it to your Mom's house but that you made it safely home the night before. I know Haley and Annie are very glad you spent the entire xmas day with them.

Be safe my friend.
T.