PDA

View Full Version : Good boy Luke

BestBuddy
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Well it finally happened.

Sunday was promotion day at dog school and Luke passed and is now officially out of the beginners class.:D:D

There were 5 dogs in our test group and only two passed, the other dog scored 128 out of 130 and Luke got 115. Not bad as the passing score is 90.:cool:

Dog school is now taking a break over Christmas and will resume in January and I hope Luke will be able to cope in the higher class.

Jenny

PS Joey is in a head cone as he had a grass seed in his paw pad and it is very sore. He is on antibiotics and his poor little foot is very swollen. The problem is that the cone stops Joey licking his foot but Luke is helping him out and licking it for him. Luke is also being helpful in undoing the straps on the cone so Joey can get it off.:eek:

Roxee's Dad
12-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Congratulations Luke :D:):D:) Job well done. :)

The problem is that the cone stops Joey licking his foot but Luke is helping him out and licking it for him. Luke is also being helpful in undoing the straps on the cone so Joey can get it off.

This is too funny. :D Looks like Luke and Joey are best friends. Brothers in mischief, The tag team.;):)

Hope Joey's paw heals quickly.

acushdogsmom
12-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Please forgive me for all the giggling I'm doing after reading your post about Joey and Luke. :D

I think they are so lucky to have been rescued and to have found a forever home together with you who puts up with their brotherly mischief.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

littleone1
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Luke did very good, Jenny.

I am also chuckling about Luke and Joey.:D:D They are so smart. ;)

Terri

Franklin'sMum
12-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Congrats, Luke. You done good! Now if only he would not be quite so helpful with Joey...:D

Jane and Franklin xx
________
LEBANESE RECIPES (http://www.cooking-chef.com/lebanese/)

SasAndYunah
12-07-2009, 02:37 AM
Congrats Jenny :)

"but Luke is helping him out and licking it for him. Luke is also being helpful in undoing the straps on the cone so Joey can get it off"

And you're wondering if Luke will be able to cope in the advanced class..????? :D :D :D

Saskia and Yunah ;)

mytil
12-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Good job Jen and Luke!!!!!!!!!!

That is too funny about Joey helping Luke - partners in crime :)

T.

Dollydog
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Congratulations to Luke and Jenny for passing!! Don't think he'll have any problems with the next level....lots of giggles here too.
Hope Joey's foot is healed up very soon :D
Thanks for the posting...I've been wondering how they're making out.
Jo-Ann :)

Harley PoMMom
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Well it finally happened.

Sunday was promotion day at dog school and Luke passed and is now officially out of the beginners class.:D:D

Jenny

PS Joey is in a head cone as he had a grass seed in his paw pad and it is very sore. He is on antibiotics and his poor little foot is very swollen. The problem is that the cone stops Joey licking his foot but Luke is helping him out and licking it for him. Luke is also being helpful in undoing the straps on the cone so Joey can get it off.:eek:

Congratulations to Luke and Jenny...This takes hard work and commitment from both and We are so very proud of both of you.

Your story of Joey and Luke is hilarious...Luke is sure one smart pup.

Love and hugs,
Lori

BestBuddy
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I know Luke is smart but it is sort of "street" smarts so it isn't always that easy to harness.:rolleyes:

As for Joey, his foot is healing nicely and we took the cone off after he promised not to lick it. One of the other reasons we took it off is that although summer here we have had some rain and our dirt (dead lawn) mixed with water seemed to make this sticky brown stuff (mud) and Joey seemed to be able to use the cone like a shovel and bring in piles of mud. Just a few vigorous head shakes and I had brown spotted walls and even ceilings.

Jenny

Franklin'sMum
12-09-2009, 01:48 AM
As for Joey, his foot is healing nicely and we took the cone off after he promised not to lick it. One of the other reasons we took it off is that although summer here we have had some rain and our dirt (dead lawn) mixed with water seemed to make this sticky brown stuff (mud) and Joey seemed to be able to use the cone like a shovel and bring in piles of mud. Just a few vigorous head shakes and I had brown spotted walls and even ceilings.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

So Luke is Joey's servant, and Joey is your interior designer? :) How cool! (And funny, it must be said.) Thanks for the giggle, and we hope all is well.

Jane and Franklin xx
________
perfect tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

littleone1
12-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi Jenny,

I'm glad Joey's foot is healing nicely.

I'm sure he's glad to have the cone off, as are you! I know I have enough dried grass being brought in the house every day. Mud would definitely be worse.

Terri

Squirt's Mom
12-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Jenny,

Congrats to you and Luke! I am sure you both will do just fine in the next level.

I bet those two are a hoot! I can just see Luke helping Joey escape from his cone and that surrogate-licker position Luke assumed is just hilarious! :D:D Joey had it made! :p

The mud flinging cone is very familiar...Crys would do the same thing when she had to wear one as a small puppy. She really did treat it like a shovel and would come in with all kinds of stuff crammed in it...just happy and proud as could be!

Again, congrats on graduation! I know you both worked very hard.

Hugs,
Leslie

BestBuddy
12-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Today was Christmas Party day at Dog School so no normal classes, just some games before the presentation of the passing certificates.

Game 1 Dog with the best tail wag.
Luke normally does this pretty good but in the ring he just sat down and refused to wave it at all. No prize for last.

Game 2 The fastest Schmacko eater.
Usually no problem, but today Luke wouldn't even touch it. All the other dogs had eaten theirs in one gulp and Luke was still looking at his like it was a turd. Still no prize for last place.

Game 3 Best dressed Christmas Dog.
I knew we didn't have a chance, Luke still had the red & white ruffled collar with bells on but he had eaten his Santa Hat. Again no prize.

Game 4 Longest drop stay.
Surprisingly this was pretty good for us, Luke made it to the last 4 out of about 30. He stayed through the squeaky toys, the whistles and being called by a judge but when the judge blocked me from Luke's view he came looking for me. Close this time but still no prize.

Don't feel sad for us because the best is yet to come....
I got ready for the long wait because they called up in place order from first to last the graduating dogs. First place went to a very well behaved Standard Poodle and then...drum roll please....Second place-Jenny and Luke.

Wow, finally a prize and SECOND PLACE too.:D:D:D

Great day and big surprise but we are pretty pleased and hope to have more good results next year.

Jenny

Roxee's Dad
12-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Very cool, :) congrats to you and Luke. :D:):D:) Luke really is a "Good Boy"

lulusmom
12-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Congratulations to you both!!! I loved your blow by blow of each game, especially the comment about the turd in the fastest Schmacko eater. :D:D:D To my total dismay and utter distain, my Buster could show Luke the finer points of eating turds.

Squirt's Mom
12-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi Jenny!

Second place! :D Way to go Luke and Mom! You should be very proud of both of you! I am!

If Buster misses any points in turd delicacies, Squirt can back him up with no prob! :eek::o:o

Hugs,
Leslie

Harley PoMMom
12-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Way to go Jenny and Luke!!

I most definitely like the comments you made about the games and I didn't think it was fair that the judge could block you from Luke's view, isn't this the purpose of obedience classes?? your pup always having his eyes on his owner?? All well, what do I know...

Here's a Very Big Congratulations to you and Luke.

Love and hugs,
Lori

BestBuddy
04-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Well today was a day I wasn't sure we would ever see.:D

It was another test day for Luke and he passed the merit class and now he is a graduate. We didn't have high hopes of passing, it's not that Luke isn't clever but his attention span is of a gnat! I knew he could do all of the things required for a pass but to be able to string them all together in one particular 30 minute session was amazing.

Luke is now allowed to try the big dogs agility course which is where I think his talent;) may lay.

What a clever gnat whoops I mean dog is Luke.

Jenny

mytil
04-18-2010, 06:28 AM
A Big Congrats to Luke and you, Jen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We knew he could do it. Wow, the big dogs' agility course. It sounds challenging. You better take some photos and post them :)

T.

Dollydog
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Congratulations to you and Luke....that's wonderful work. I so enjoy your posts about dog training....I can just picture it all. The agility classes sound great...will keep you in shape too!!
Have fun,
Jo-Ann & my Dollydog angel :)

Harley PoMMom
04-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Big Congratulations to you and Luke from me as well!!! This was alot of work and I know alot of time, dedication, and love went into this achievement. You must feel so proud...we are so proud of you and Luke!

On your way to the big dogs agility course now!! WooHoo!! Ahh, yes, we would love to see some pictures!

Love and hugs,
Lori

Roxee's Dad
04-18-2010, 02:14 PM
How nice....Big congrats from me too.

Good Boy Luke !!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

k9diabetes
04-25-2010, 01:11 AM
:) :) Nice! :) :) :)

Natalie

frijole
04-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Jen, I am just seeing this! Belated congrats to you and our student Luke. Treats for you today! Hugs, Kim

BestBuddy
04-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Its Anzac day here in Aust. so we have a long weekend and dog school is not on. They have agility trials and it was amazing to see the well trained dogs going over the courses. Next weekend we will get our certificate and maybe even try the agility course ourselves.:D

Jen